Feedthewolf

NCFC Official Supporters Panel: fan issues to discuss

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Sorry, not quite sure what you're angling at here Tilly.

I am sure you do wolfie unless the news has not reached you yet.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

And @Van wink, regarding the ladies' toilets, have you contacted the club directly about that? You'll probably get a quicker and more informed answer that way. My apologies for not having replied about this sooner.

Thank you and appreciate the reply, yes my Mrs did contacted the club about this some time ago, as reported before there is only one hand dryer, 4 WC's and 3 WHB's, so ladies take their own paper towels in to dry their hands but there is nowhere to dispose of those. Hardly Premier League 🚮

16 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Re the OSP, 

I personally find the current silence from OSP members / pink un posters quite astonishing. 

If you are going to use this (and other forums) to gain support and votes to get onto a panel, to represent the fans, then please have the decency to comment on items being raised, or have you been silenced by the club - in which case that would raise an even bigger concern for me. 

one of the main themes for the latest agenda / meeting was a lack of info from the club / communication, and now following the first meeting there is even less! What is going on? 

@Feedthewolf @Lessingham Canary & @ncfcstar you have all logged on today. Have you been silenced? 

Hi Greavsy

Im not sure why you find the current silence from OSP members astonishing.

I think maybe you see the OSP as an action centered fan group, which has never been its intention, as we all know there are fan groups which do offer a channel for supporters who want to issue with the club via a particular channel.

Since the inception the club have been clear that they wanted a panel that was representative of the fan base, and that is what they have, supporters who live outside of Norwich, some outside the UK, a mix of age and gender, to "act as a sounding board for the club’s initiatives to gain genuine supporter feedback on a range of non-football related issues". 

The idea is that the panel is the sounding board, not that the panel take initiatives to supporters groups or forums, not that OSP take every issue raised via forums such as this to the club, the plan is that OSP meets Quarterly,  to  infrequently if it was intended to be an action group.

We are certainly not gagged by the club in anyway, there will be items that are discussed, that cannot be shared, as they are simply in the formative stage and may never happen, the club will present such items to the panel and gauge their response, which may or may not influence their decision in the likelihood of said item coming to public consumption. Those items wont appear on any minutes, simply because they are very long term or unlikely to get any more airtime. 

At the last OSP meeting we had over 20 various items from supporters wanting us to raise matters with the club , some were able to be discussed some simply didn't have the time,  those that were discussed were the ones considered most pressing, the others will be looked at possibly at the next meeting, which is scheduled for January.

There are lots of fan groups set up that have the ear of the club, from Capital Canaries, to the Trust and the supporters social club, all who are afforded different levels of access to the club owing to their relationships built up over time.

I have to say without exception, that every OSP member is enthusiastic about the opportunity to be a sounding board, all are regular attendees (apart from Ryan in New York) at home and away matches, all have their own strong views, and will if they can take issues to the club, and equally will try and direct those supporters to contact the club via the appropriate channel.

The club is experiencing a lot of change of the pitch, the departure of the 2 Ben's, BK in particular being very open to various fans groups, and change while a challenge, should never be a threat, although the increased workload will undoubtedly make it challenging for a period for the remainder of the staff.

Finally, i rarely post on here these days (i stopped after a family bereavement 2 years ago) but still enjoy having a read, but resist commenting on topics, and i enjoy seeing the fortunes of the PuP's in the Ray's Funds thread, which has been testament to all who have supported and kept it going for so long and had such a positive impact, proving that football forums can be incredible places, of which you are great supporter. Myself @Feedthewolf and @ncfcstar want to support the club by being the sounding board, we are fans the same as everyone on here and most other SM channels, and the desire to help fellow supporters is there, but we cannot be all things to all people. Most of the OSP have been approached to take up something, i have had quite a few personally, and when i speak to people at the club, i find they have approached myself as they maybe didn't like the answer they had been given by the club, a classic being someone who was very forceful in an argument around Chelsea tickets not being available to him, was then offered some that had been returned and then declined the offer from the club as couldn't make the match. 

Long winded, so apologies for that, but wanted to try and shed some light on the overall picture.

OTBC

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Hi Greavsy

I think maybe you see the OSP as an action centered fan group, which has never been its intention, as we all know there are fan groups which do offer a channel for supporters who want to issue with the club via a particular channel.

Since the inception the club have been clear that they wanted a panel that was representative of the fan base, and that is what they have, supporters who live outside of Norwich, some outside the UK, a mix of age and gender, to "act as a sounding board for the club’s initiatives to gain genuine supporter feedback on a range of non-football related issues". 

The idea is that the panel is the sounding board, not that the panel take initiatives to supporters groups or forums, not that OSP take every issue raised via forums such as this to the club, the plan is that OSP meets Quarterly,  to  infrequently if it was intended to be an action group.

We are certainly not gagged by the club in anyway, there will be items that are discussed, that cannot be shared, as they are simply in the formative stage and may never happen, the club will present such items to the panel and gauge their response, which may or may not influence their decision in the likelihood of said item coming to public consumption. Those items wont appear on any minutes, simply because they are very long term or unlikely to get any more airtime. 

At the last OSP meeting we had over 20 various items from supporters wanting us to raise matters with the club , some were able to be discussed some simply didn't have the time,  those that were discussed were the ones considered most pressing, the others will be looked at possibly at the next meeting, which is scheduled for January.

There are lots of fan groups set up that have the ear of the club, from Capital Canaries, to the Trust and the supporters social club, all who are afforded different levels of access to the club owing to their relationships built up over time.

I have to say without exception, that every OSP member is enthusiastic about the opportunity to be a sounding board, all are regular attendees (apart from Ryan in New York) at home and away matches, all have their own strong views, and will if they can take issues to the club, and equally will try and direct those supporters to contact the club via the appropriate channel.

The club is experiencing a lot of change of the pitch, the departure of the 2 Ben's, BK in particular being very open to various fans groups, and change while a challenge, should never be a threat, although the increased workload will undoubtedly make it challenging for a period for the remainder of the staff.

Finally, i rarely post on here these days (i stopped after a family bereavement 2 years ago) but still enjoy having a read, but resist commenting on topics, and i enjoy seeing the fortunes of the PuP's in the Ray's Funds thread, which has been testament to all who have supported and kept it going for so long and had such a positive impact, proving that football forums can be incredible places, of which you are great supporter. Myself @Feedthewolf and @ncfcstar want to support the club by being the sounding board, we are fans the same as everyone on here and most other SM channels, and the desire to help fellow supporters is there, but we cannot be all things to all people. Most of the OSP have been approached to take up something, i have had quite a few personally, and when i speak to people at the club, i find they have approached myself as they maybe didn't like the answer they had been given by the club, a classic being someone who was very forceful in an argument around Chelsea tickets not being available to him, was then offered some that had been returned and then declined the offer from the club as couldn't make the match. 

Long winded, so apologies for that, but wanted to try and shed some light on the overall picture.

OTBC

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

7 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Hi Greavsy

OTBC

Thanks Lessingham and appreciate the reply, especially given you, by your own admission, dont post often on the board. 

Before the first meeting there was lots of comment on the thread, but this has, to me anyway, dropped off considerably in recent times, when people have been raising issues / concerns. 

Whilst I accept you are all volunteers and that you are not club representatives, so not in a position to speak on behalf of the club, but I find it astonishing when, as an example, the live chat has vanished, it's taken on board by an OSP member to email the club to find out why, but there is no such appetite to take on a request for how many tickets we took for Chelsea and the reasons why (as yet I have seen nothing official regarding that situation). This was not intended as a personal criticism of an individual member, apologies if it looks that way. 

Fully accept that some items discussed are not for public eyes and ears, that's perfectly normal and acceptable. 

However are you saying that if we have an issue that we want raised we are to go to the club directly, unless it falls within quarterly cycle of your meetings?  and there is sufficient time to for it be discussed, if the club deem it agenda worthy? 

I'm struggling to see the point of the OSP, if the club set their agenda, and members are selective in what they wish to deal with. Surely the purpose is to, where necessary challenge the club, on behalf of the fans being represented. 

just my personal view, and again Lessingham I thank you for your reply, and the others for volunteering for the roles. 

6 hours ago, Greavsy said:
7 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Essex queues for life! 

And his children will take his place in the queue  when he passes. 

11 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

And his children will take his place in the queue  when he passes. 

Do they inherit his 1500 club matches too?

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Do they inherit his 1500 club matches too?

Of course. The Ethics  Empire  is a dynasty. 

17 hours ago, Lessingham Canary said:

i find they have approached myself as they maybe didn't like the answer they had been given by the club, a classic being someone who was very forceful in an argument around Chelsea tickets not being available to him, was then offered some that had been returned and then declined the offer from the club as couldn't make the match. 

I was forceful with the Club about Chelsea tickets.

Perhaps if the requestor initially thought he would be one of 3,000 fans cheering Norwich on and subsequently found out it would only be 1,500 he thought better of it?

I guess I won't be going to away games this season. Happy not to pay £25 for the right to attend away games for one of the most travelled clubs in the country that doesn't maximise the number of tickets available 

Hope my thought process is something the Panel members can tune into.

Edited by essex canary

12 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I was forceful with the Club about Chelsea tickets, didn't approach the Supporters Panel Chairman or get a subsequent offer so not sure what we can conclude from that?

Erm maybe that it wasn't you Lessingham was referencing..... Just a hunch. 

10 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Erm maybe that it wasn't you Lessingham was referencing..... Just a hunch. 

It most definitely cannot be me based on the description. See further explanation below.

Edited by essex canary

41 minutes ago, essex canary said:

It most definitely cannot be me based on the description.

Just to clarify I did make representations to the Supporters Panel  Chairman about the sheer volume of enquiries on this site concerning the unsatisfactory situation regarding Chelsea tickets but nothing of a direct personal nature. I would be delighted to have the day out in London as a family of 4 but the Club made no suitable offer. Even if all away memberships were paid there was zero scope for 2 group 1s to attend the match in company with 2 group 5s or for any group5s to attend at all unless anyone knows any differently. 

9 hours ago, essex canary said:

Just to clarify I did make representations to the Supporters Panel  Chairman about the sheer volume of enquiries on this site concerning the unsatisfactory situation regarding Chelsea tickets but nothing of a direct personal nature. I would be delighted to have the day out in London as a family of 4 but the Club made no suitable offer. Even if all away memberships were paid there was zero scope for 2 group 1s to attend the match in company with 2 group 5s or for any group5s to attend at all unless anyone knows any differently. 

You could still go for a day out in London, there's lots to do.

17 hours ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Thanks Lessingham for the detailed explanation. If I was the supporter referred to concerning Chelsea tickets I have previously responded to Greavsie's enquiries on that matter

A key issue though is why doesn't a Club that purports to be so Community focused consult with its fan base on its change management proposals? It was only 4 or 5 years ago that the Club introduced the Chief Operating Officer Role and promoted it as a vital change of direction initiated under Ed Balls Chairmanship.  Personally I prefer the apologetic and personal approach we got following the Rotherham away ticket issue rather than the bot like non apologetic approach we are getting now. Maybe other fans would too but we get no say in the matter.

Secondly I think it is perfectly reasonable to expect any supporter to take up any issue they have with Supporter Relations in the first instance. Nevertheless if they believe after their initial enquiries that the Club isn't treating them or any other supporter fairly, would it not be reasonable for such a supporter to be able to call on some independent support as part of an escalation process ahead of going to the Ombudsman? And by implication to have a one stop shop approach to get that support and to ensure it is addressed promptly? The ladies toilet issue maybe a case in point. 

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Greavsie's

It's Greavsy / Greavsy's if you don't mind old chap. 

Much obliged. 

9 hours ago, essex canary said:

I would be delighted to have the day out in London as a family of 4 but the Club made no suitable offer. Even if all away memberships were paid there was zero scope for 2 group 1s to attend the match in company with 2 group 5s or for any group5s to attend at all unless anyone knows any differently. 

Under the current system you do have the choice to purchase tickets together, but only if you wait until the window opens for the lowest group member to purchase their ticket, always assuming, of course, that the Club’s allocation hasn’t actually already sold out!

It’s an inherent problem with the current system, friends and family members within different groups will often struggle to acquire tickets together, unless those in higher groups wait and take their chance, something that would have been easy to do for Man City, Everton and Burnley, but not Arsenal, Brentford or Chelsea.

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Much obliged. 

Happy to take that one on the chin. Apologies.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

We went to Manchester, made it a family weekend, there was lots to do.

Despite the inhabitants, Manchester is a great place to visit. 

11 hours ago, essex canary said:

Hope my thought process is something the Panel members can tune into.

That is something most of us are struggling with not just members of the OSP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GMF said:

Under the current system you do have the choice to purchase tickets together, but only if you wait until the window opens for the lowest group member to purchase their ticket, always assuming, of course, that the Club’s allocation hasn’t actually already sold out!

It’s an inherent problem with the current system, friends and family members within different groups will often struggle to acquire tickets together, unless those in higher groups wait and take their chance, something that would have been easy to do for Man City, Everton and Burnley, but not Arsenal, Brentford or Chelsea.

Exactly. Northern based families may get a fair number of days out supporting the team even without paying the Away members fee whilst Southern based families may get almost no chance even if they pay the fee especially given the Chelsea debacle.

It may also be the case that Norwich based young adults faced with radically higher casual  prices for home matches may then decide to trim their away visits thereby denying Daniel Farke the vital vocal support that he believes he needs. 

No joined up thinking whilst also apparently no effective mechanisms for supporters to have their voices heard.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That is something most of us are struggling with not just members of the OSP.

Maybe but then the psychology of the human brain is a wonderful diverse thing. If I was commissioning their experiment I would opt for 12 psychologists on the Panel. Then again I think I much more straightforward approach to fan engagement would work much better.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Exactly. Northern based families may get a fair number of days out supporting the team even without paying the Away members fee whilst Southern based families may get almost no chance even if they pay the fee especially given the Chelsea debacle.

It may also be the case that Norwich based young adults faced with radically higher casual  prices for home matches may then decide to trim their away visits thereby denying Daniel Farke the vital vocal support that he believes he needs. 

No joined up thinking whilst also apparently no effective mechanisms for supporters to have their voices heard.

You are allowed to travel to the north, you don't have to be based there to go to the games. 

Just now, A Load of Squit said:

You are allowed to travel to the north, you don't have to be based there to go to the games. 

This is no place for sensible suggestions like that....... 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Much obliged. 

Why have you got a picture of Greavsie then?

1 hour ago, Fuzzar said:

Why have you got a picture of Greavsie then?

You do realise I'm not actually him don't you? 

And Greavsie wasnt his real name either? 

Edited by Greavsy

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

You do realise I'm not actually him don't you? 

And Greavsie wasnt his real name either? 

Nah. Just think you're a bit thick for misspelling such a well-known nickname, that's all.

Edited by Fuzzar

26 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Nah. Just think you're a bit thick for misspelling such a well-known nickname, that's all.

Thanks for your input. 

I could reply and try to explain, but I couldn't give less of a stuff what you think, and I'm bothered about your opinion even less. 

Have a good day. 

Edited by Greavsy

41 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

It’s his own nickname, therefore not misspelled.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fuzzar said:

Not much else going on for you today then? I feel let down as I misspell virtually every name or nickname on this board and youve never once had a dig at me about it. Mr Fuzzaro.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Thanks 1