Feedthewolf

NCFC Official Supporters Panel: fan issues to discuss

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

I think the minutes from the first meeting answers the first point quite clearly. 

I think the club sent an email to people who enquired, Ive seen that floating about. I dont know if that was before or after chelsea issued their statement. Either way, I agree its not rocket Science and the club should know the popular matches. 

Quite. The Panel seems to be a Notificatiion Group rather than the Consultative Group we had 15 years or so ago. A big difference and given all the gumph about custodians it should be obvious what we should have. 

Also what is 'Supporter Relations' as distinct from 'Customer Services'.. The latter should have the first default position of the customer is always right. You cannot get good supporter relations by papering over the cracks.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

As you say its impossible to know but we sold out v Arsenal reportedly who generally give a 3000 ticket allocation to away fans, which suggests we'd have a solid chance of selling out this one. The club basing it on averages including completely incomparable games like Burnley away feels like faulty logic to me.

Personally I'm of the belief the club should be trying to get as many of our fans in as possible, especially seeing as we're charged £25 for the privileged of having a shot at getting a ticket. There is a financial risk sure but its minimal in the grand scheme of things. 

Quite. Why didn't they plug in average of last 5 London games?  Bog obviuos.

The point about the lack of leadership is a good one. Who actually is in charge now day to day at the club on the commercial/supporter facing side of things?

It seems strange that Kensell left and just hasn’t been replaced. Same with a number of other staff at Colney and Carrow Road. 

It feels like there has been a huge cost cutting exercise at Carrow Road (not so much Colney) at a time when we are wealthier than ever and it hasn’t necessarily been beneficial to supporter experiences. Perhaps this is what was alluded to when it was said there had been tension in terms of where resource should be focussed.

of course we all want the majority of resources out into the football side of things but you can’t neglect the supporter facing side of things if you genuinely want to keep growing the club. 

On a similar, but slightly different note see also Webber’s contract situation. Who has ownership of that? Is it just him and Zoe running everything now because it seems to me he’s hedging his bets and if things don’t go well for us this season we could be left in a bit of a mess. 

Just back from two weeks holiday and caught up with this thread and also read the minutes of the meeting. I must say that those minutes are somewhat disappointing and look to me that unless our representatives are careful it will quickly become just a talking shop . Whoever signed them off before publication didn't do a very good job .

@Feedthewolf wolfie old mate i really must single you out and please don't take offence but prior mto the meeting you multi posted on here  for page after page prior to the meeting but since then zilch and to a far lesser degree the same applies to our two other friends on here who sit on the panel.

Those minutes portray a club driven agenda and an air of acceptance that what the club says goes by those sitting around the table. I hope that the next meeting makes me review my initial thoughts but January is a long way off.

Edited by TIL 1010

43 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just back from two weeks holiday and caught up with this thread and also read the minutes of the meeting. I must say that those minutes are somewhat disappointing and look to me that unless our representatives are careful it will quickly become just a talking shop . Whoever signed them off before publication didn't do a very good job .

@Feedthewolf wolfie old mate i really must single you out and please don't take offence but prior mto the meeting you multi posted on here  for page after page prior to the meeting but since then zilch and to a far lesser degree the same applies to our two other friends on here who sit on the panel.

Those minutes portray a club driven agenda and an air of acceptance that what the club says goes by those sitting around the table. I hope that the next meeting makes me review my initial thoughts but January is a long way off.

I am happy to echo Greavsie. 100 per cent correct.

I think the last meeting should be reconvened as it is clearly incomplete in subject matter including Health & Safety etc., unclear on matters concerning home casual pricing and buybacks and out of date on the Away membership issue with more London matches on the line ahead of January.

13 hours ago, essex canary said:

Quite. Why didn't they plug in average of last 5 London games?  Bog obviuos.

Not quite so obvious-4 of those games would have been pre-COVID which may have an impact on whether people want to go now.

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Welcome back Tilly.

Oh we've missed you!

Hope you had a good break?

A great two weeks thanks Greavsy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

I think the last meeting should be reconvened as it is clearly incomplete in subject matter including Health & Safety etc., unclear on matters concerning home casual pricing and buybacks and out of date on the Away membership issue with more London matches on the line ahead of January.

A rudderless ship comes to mind.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not that I was stalking  you or anything  Tillo, but I found myself  outside  a rather quaint holiday home the other day.... 

20211012_163431.jpg

image.png.58ba3dcbaf204b883bea302889bac77b.png

Hilarious.

But you don't play the poster do you?? 

Let's try and stay on topic, I know you struggle staying on the same forum. 

Edited by Greavsy

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Not quite so obvious-4 of those games would have been pre-COVID which may have an impact on whether people want to go now.

I think the simple thing would have been to have just looked at Arsenal. You're right pre covid muddies the waters but so does including Burnley.

I think the clubs default should be if you're charging fans £25 for the chance to buy a ticket you need to err on the side of giving those fans as much of a chance as possible to do so. 

• Like 2

I see Robin Sainty has tweeted that the club have said they've taken their full allocations for Spurs and West Ham which is good news, glad to see they've listened.

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think the simple thing would have been to have just looked at Arsenal. You're right pre covid muddies the waters but so does including Burnley.

I think the clubs default should be if you're charging fans £25 for the chance to buy a ticket you need to err on the side of giving those fans as much of a chance as possible to do so. 

Agreed. 

27 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Agreed. 

Absolutely. At least the news about Tottenham and West Ham is promising. Also can I point out to the ticket office and it’s algorithm that the away attendance at Newcastle will be low as it’s a Wednesday evening and this will distort averages as will including the artificially capped Chelsea game.

I realise that these points are obvious, but that doesn’t seem to have stopped the previous rationale.

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Point taken. I would like to recommend that we take zero to Newcastle but I need to be weary in case they plug it into an algorithm for an FA Cup tie at Ipswich.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

“Enough” and “some”.

How many? If it’s 50, then the club will think it’s probably done the right thing. If 2,000 more people wanted to go and couldn’t then they’ll see what an error they’ve made. As I stated in my original post, I genuinely haven’t seen many people stating that they wanted to go but couldn’t as a result of the return of the tickets. I’ve seen lots of criticism including some from people categorically stating that they couldn’t or didn’t want to go.

I think it would be great for us to take as many as we can, but this is surely a numbers decision? I’m just trying to get a feel for that, admittedly from a relatively small pool. 

Well how likely do you think it is that people would pay £25 for away membership but almost none of them in groups 3,4 or 5 would want to go to one of the nearest games. Does that answer your question?

37 minutes ago, king canary said:

I see Robin Sainty has tweeted that the club have said they've taken their full allocations for Spurs and West Ham which is good news, glad to see they've listened.

If true that is very good news.

The Supporters Panel theme was communication. Should we not learn this through an unreserved apology on the website rather than Robin Sainty's tweets?

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Well how likely do you think it is that people would pay £25 for away membership but almost none of them in groups 3,4 or 5 would want to go to one of the nearest games. Does that answer your question?

No. I have no idea how many people are in those groups. People are also in those groups because they don’t go away very often. Not sure where “almost none” has come from, but how many from those groups would need to take up the option to make any potential financial loss incurred by the club deemed “worth it”. 

Completely agree that London is probably our easiest away day trip. But then again it’s going to be an early start for a game that is live on TV. 

I have no strong opinion on which option was the correct path to take, I just don’t think it’s clearly wrong that they only took 1500. If there are sufficient numbers complaining and it turns out that they’d have comfortably sold the larger allocation then they’ve made a mistake.

I still haven’t seen very many. But then I don’t work in the club office🤷‍♂️

33 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

No. I have no idea how many people are in those groups. People are also in those groups because they don’t go away very often. Not sure where “almost none” has come from, but how many from those groups would need to take up the option to make any potential financial loss incurred by the club deemed “worth it”. 

Completely agree that London is probably our easiest away day trip. But then again it’s going to be an early start for a game that is live on TV. 

I have no strong opinion on which option was the correct path to take, I just don’t think it’s clearly wrong that they only took 1500. If there are sufficient numbers complaining and it turns out that they’d have comfortably sold the larger allocation then they’ve made a mistake.

Not everyone who can’t go will complain though will they? In fact the vast majority won’t and many probably are not even aware that the club took a reduced allocation,

I personally know of a few people (groups 3 and 4) who wanted to go but couldn’t get tickets. 

I believe there are about 1200 in groups 1 and 2, maybe a bit less. Some people will also have had this as a match pick but it sold out very quickly when it went on sale to group 3. As groups 3-5 cover people who did between 1 and 7 away games on average I’d say that’s probably quite a big cohort of away members although I don’t have the figures. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Not everyone who can’t go will complain though will they? In fact the vast majority won’t and many probably are not even aware that the club took a reduced allocation,

I personally know of a few people (groups 3 and 4) who wanted to go but couldn’t get tickets. 

I believe there are about 1200 in groups 1 and 2, maybe a bit less. Some people will also have had this as a match pick but it sold out very quickly when it went on sale to group 3. As groups 3-5 cover people who did between 1 and 7 away games on average I’d say that’s probably quite a big cohort of away members although I don’t have the figures. 

No, of course they won't. Which is why I asked if anyone had been impacted by the decision from this board earlier, just to try and get an idea. As I said previously, I haven't seen very many on socials but if there are a significant volume of complaints, then I'm sure the club will realise their error.

As it sits, I'm still unconvinced which course of action was correct. I have also seen that they've offered returned tickets to some complainants and none were taken. 

So, just as not everyone affected will complain, not everyone that complained wanted to go. I expect for some it was just another convenient stick to beat the club with. However, it's still a shame for anyone that wanted to go that can't. Just like it always is. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

No, of course they won't. Which is why I asked if anyone had been impacted by the decision from this board earlier, just to try and get an idea. As I said previously, I haven't seen very many on socials but if there are a significant volume of complaints, then I'm sure the club will realise their error.

As it sits, I'm still unconvinced which course of action was correct. I have also seen that they've offered returned tickets to some complainants and none were taken. 

So, just as not everyone affected will complain, not everyone that complained wanted to go. I expect for some it was just another convenient stick to beat the club with. However, it's still a shame for anyone that wanted to go that can't. Just like it always is. 

Rightly or wrongly it seems we Brits tend to complain less than other nations. Equally some people have far less time on their hands to complain than others.

For those who do have the time and inclination to complain, the complaint should always be taken seriously. Of course if inappropriate language is used that rightly raises another issue that needs to be dealt with. It doesn't however deflect from the need to give a full and complete response to the complaint and the recipient should always respond to all issues raised.

As I previously explained I wanted 4 tickets for my family, I consider that the Clubs response to my complaint was inappropriate, I have made that clear to them and they have not subsequently offered tickets to me.

Edited by essex canary

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Rightly or wrongly it seems we Brits tend to complain less than other nations. Equally some people have far less time on their hands to complain than others.

If that is the case, I can only assume you are a gentleman of leisure. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

FYI ‘almost none’ came from your comment that you didn’t know whether it was 50 people or 2000.

Edited by Commonsense
Spelling

7 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

If that is the case, I can only assume you are a gentleman of leisure. 

Relatively so though not completely. That is not the point.

The point is that I made a proposal to the Club that I believed was a reasonable concession for the circumstances of both myself and my wider family. I then get a response saying that wouldn't be fair to Norwich supporters with a similar history. I point out that there are at best only a handful of  Norwich supporters with a similar history to myself having attended 1,500 Club matches and holding 1,000 shares. I get no further response to that when I reasonably believe I am owed an apology.

The Club could argue that I am a lesser priority than the gentleman from Birmingham who currently wants to attend all matches. That is a matter of conjecture and judgement.

In the end though they have prioritised Chelsea supporters above both of us. That and their handling of it is to my mind unacceptable and lacks professionalism.

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Relatively so though not completely. That is not the point.

The point is that I made a proposal to the Club that I believed was a reasonable concession for the circumstances of both myself and my wider family. I then get a response saying that wouldn't be fair to Norwich supporters with a similar history. I point out that there are at best only a handful of  Norwich supporters with a similar history to myself having attended 1,500 Club matches and holding 1,000 shares. I get no further response to that when I reasonably believe I am owed an apology.

The Club could argue that I am a lesser priority than the gentleman from Birmingham who currently wants to attend all matches. That is a matter of conjecture and judgement.

In the end though they have prioritised Chelsea supporters above both of us. That and their handling of it is to my mind unacceptable and lacks professionalism.

You wanted preferential treatment and didn’t get it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

You wanted preferential treatment for life and didn’t get it.

Corrected that for you Duncan! 

• Haha 3

Be careful @essex canary, if you keep bringing up all your past history, next you’ll be accused of being a binner! 😉

In all seriousness though, the Club has always operated its membership scheme based upon an annual programme of games attended the previous season. This season is obviously different because of the pandemic. Whether you’ve got x number of shares, or not, is irrelevant and clubs that do calculate membership over several seasons tend to result in tickets going to less,  rather than more fans. Is this really what you want?