Feedthewolf

NCFC Official Supporters Panel: fan issues to discuss

43 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Interesting. You seem to be saying then that every time 4 NCFC shares change hands post death the Club will bill the inheritor for all costs of the transfer.

No, that is not at all what I am saying, but never mind.

10 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

No, that is not at all what I am saying, but never mind.

No offence Essex & Purple but  what have your shares issues got to do with this Supporters Panel thread ?

@Feedthewolf one of your colleagues from the OSP Johnathan Byrne posted this on Facebook.

We have been asked to share the following with you to review and complete. Link will remain live until 16th September 2021.
‘’The UK Football Policing Unit would like to seek your views on policing at football fixtures and have created a survey to ask for your thoughts based on your experiences of attending football. If you have any queries with the survey please contact the UKFPU directly via partnership@fpu.pnn.police.uk. The survey can be accessed via this link https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffice.gov.uk/.../UKFP.../’’
Thanks for any help offered, OTBC
Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

@Feedthewolf one of your colleagues from the OSP Johnathan Byrne posted this on Facebook.

We have been asked to share the following with you to review and complete. Link will remain live until 16th September 2021.
‘’The UK Football Policing Unit would like to seek your views on policing at football fixtures and have created a survey to ask for your thoughts based on your experiences of attending football. If you have any queries with the survey please contact the UKFPU directly via partnership@fpu.pnn.police.uk. The survey can be accessed via this link https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffice.gov.uk/.../UKFP.../’’
Thanks for any help offered, OTBC

Thanks, Tilly. Caroline shared this with us last night and asked us to share it with fans, I hadn't got around to it yet so thank you for doing it for me! If you or anyone else would like to fill in the survey, that would be great.

4 minutes ago, Diane said:

No offence Essex & Purple but  what have your shares issues got to do with this Supporters Panel thread ?

You should know by now @Diane that if there was a thread about the closing of Carrow Bridge on a matchday essex would somehow swing it round to his one man crusade about shares.

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thanks, Tilly. Caroline shared this with us last night and asked us to share it with fans, I hadn't got around to it yet so thank you for doing it for me! If you or anyone else would like to fill in the survey, that would be great.

I noticed it because he originally claimed to be a member of the Official Norwich City Supporters Club but after scratching my head as i am having difficulty keeping abreast of all these supporters groups springing up and telling him there was no such thing he edited his post. 🤔

I noticed it because he originally claimed to be a member of the Official Norwich City Supporters Club but after scratching my head as i am having difficulty keeping abreast of all these supporters groups springing up and telling him there was no such thing he edited his post. 🤔

What other ones have 'sprung up' lately, other than geographically based ones? Obviously there's the Canaries Trust and Norwich City Fans Social Club, but they've been around a while. I should probably keep up to date with them all as we seek clarity on the exact roles and responsibilities of the OSP...

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

What other ones have 'sprung up' lately, other than geographically based ones? Obviously there's the Canaries Trust and Norwich City Fans Social Club, but they've been around a while. I should probably keep up to date with them all as we seek clarity on the exact roles and responsibilities of the OSP...

Syrian Canaries seem to be the most recent.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Syrian Canaries seem to be the most recent.

Other than geographically based ones...

23 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Are the club using the OSP and their media channels to issue surveys now, rather than their own socials. 

Another example of non existent comms from the club (unless I've missed it on the web site) 

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Other than geographically based ones...

My post about supporters groups was a generalisation wolfie.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

My post about supporters groups was a generalisation wolfie.

Fair enough!

15 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

All the fans groups are listed on the ncfc page here Wolfie,  you &  the Supporters panel need to be aware of them all surely?

https://www.canaries.co.uk/Our-Club/Fans/Supporter-Groups/

The fans social club isnt seen as a fans group , we have no members and are purely a social club, we have our own page here

https://www.canaries.co.uk/Our-Club/Fans/Social-Club/

18 minutes ago, Diane said:

I take very great offence! I would argue, as with Uncle Fred's concerns over the scampi portions, that my shares are more important than some piffling issues to do with the majority of fans...😜

Seriously, Essex raised the idea of reducing the number of small shareholders and so - roughly speaking - having shares in the hands of the better off. If the club ever considered that it would certainly be a valid subject  for the supporters' panel, so I was just trying to establish what was Essex's rationale for the notion. The subject is now closed as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Diane said:

All the fans groups are listed on the ncfc page here Wolfie,  you &  the Supporters panel need to be aware of them all surely?

https://www.canaries.co.uk/Our-Club/Fans/Supporter-Groups/

The fans social club isnt seen as a fans group , we have no members and are purely a social club, we have our own page here

https://www.canaries.co.uk/Our-Club/Fans/Social-Club/

Thanks Diane, really helpful. Turns out I was aware of all the non-geographic fans' groups listed on that page, but I hadn't realised quite the breadth of global supporters' groups we had! Will try to memorise them all in case we get a geography test at any point... 🙂

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

I take very great offence! I would argue, as with Uncle Fred's concerns over the scampi portions, that my shares are more important than some piffling issues to do with the majority of fans...😜

Seriously, Essex raised the idea of reducing the number of small shareholders and so - roughly speaking - having shares in the hands of the better off. If the club ever considered that it would certainly be a valid subject  for the supporters' panel, so I was just trying to establish what was Essex's rationale for the notion. The subject is now closed as far as I am concerned.

It may be closed as far as you are concerned Purple but don't hold your breath with regard to essex. As a side note this fee he speaks of is possibly the 1/2 % stamp duty payable on transactions over £1000 as i recall when i sold some of my shares. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thanks Diane, really helpful. Turns out I was aware of all the non-geographic fans' groups listed on that page, but I hadn't realised quite the breadth of global supporters' groups we had! Will try to memorise them all in case we get a geography test at any point... 🙂

Most of those groups wolfie are made up of one man and his dog or just a family located in a far flung corner of the globe ( says me with tongue in cheek ) 😜

36 minutes ago, Diane said:

I agree this has gone off on a tangent.

I think the main point is that the greying nature of the shareholder base does not promote inclusiveness and that even where young people do become shareholders they are in some circumstances treated as second class citizens. 

Most of those groups wolfie are made up of one man and his dog or just a family located in a far flung corner of the globe ( says me with tongue in cheek ) 😜

From small acorns, Tilly! let's hope another year or two in the top flight grows our global appeal. It might even uncover us a stinking rich Chinese investor... 😉

16 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Are the club using the OSP and their media channels to issue surveys now, rather than their own socials. 

Another example of non existent comms from the club (unless I've missed it on the web site) 

Well i have to say i was somewhat surprised to see the post from Johnathan Bryne on Facebook last night stating he had been asked to publish the survey. Looks like a scatter gun approach to comms with the fanbase rather than the OSP having a communications Officer acting for them all. Yes i appreciate Gordon is the chairman and a fine job he will do but a comms/media officer could ber a role for somebody from within the panel ?

• Like 1

On 14/08/2021 at 09:55, dylanisabaddog said:

There are lots of people of all ages who can't afford to go to football. 

Personally I'm 62 and I'm now better off financially than at any time in my life. I don't expect to get a discount and nor should I. I can't think of any other business that gives discounts to older people. I'd rather pay full price and reduce the cost of children's tickets a bit more. 

Really!!! Then you haven’t thought very hard at all. Just about every service based industry from cinema and theatre tickets to rail travel gives OAPs ( though not people of 62) a discount.

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well i have to say i was somewhat surprised to see the post from Johnathan Bryne on Facebook last night stating he had been asked to publish the survey. Looks like a scatter gun approach to comms with the fanbase rather than the OSP having a communications Officer acting for them all. Yes i appreciate Gordon is the chairman and a fine job he will do but a comms/media officer could ber a role for somebody from within the panel ?

All the leaders of the fans groups were asked to share the survey with their members, nothing in the clubs email about posting it on facebook or twitter though some of the fans groups including the OSP may have decided to do so to get more responses

Edited by Diane
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Diane said:

All the leaders of the fans groups were asked to share the survey with their members, nothing in the clubs email about posting it on facebook or twitter though some of the fans groups including the OSP may have decided to do so to get more responses

I think you're right Diane, the way the email was worded seemed to suggest that it was for members of the group to complete the survey.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

I think you're right Diane, the way the email was worded seemed to suggest that it was for members of the group to complete the survey.

Having just done the survey, it does appear to be for all fans, not just those that are members of fans groups. Maybe my view isn't as valid!! 😔 

It also asks at the end where you heard about it. Club direct was an option so seems strange they haven't distributed wider. 

Edited by Greavsy

15 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Having just done the survey, it does appear to be for all fans, not just those that are members of fans groups. Maybe my view isn't as valid!! 😔 

It also asks at the end where you heard about it. Club direct was an option so seems strange they haven't distributed wider. 

Yes the more fans who complete it the better, I was just telling you how the survey came to be 😂 maybe the club have or are emailing it out too?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I wasn't suggesting that wider views aren't valid, just that the email we received seemed to be worded as if it was for group members to complete.

2 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

I wasn't suggesting that wider views aren't valid, just that the email we received seemed to be worded as if it was for group members to complete.

As I've said previously, if the club want all fans to have the opportunity to complete the survey they should communicate directly via their own platforms, and not rely on supporters fan groups and third party platforms. 

As previously stated communication from the club is poor to non existent, and things like this being posted unofficially by fan groups clouds and dilutes the message. 

Re Ticket Office: I have tried recently on at least 5 separate days to ring in. The only time the queue was not closed was soon after 0900. On the last occasion having not have the Man City tickets I used 1,7&0 options & in the end resorted to live chat messages on the main website.

We will reply within 5 days did not fill me with hope but I did receive a satisfactory reply later the same day outside of normal hours.

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

As I've said previously, if the club want all fans to have the opportunity to complete the survey they should communicate directly via their own platforms, and not rely on supporters fan groups and third party platforms. 

As previously stated communication from the club is poor to non existent, and things like this being posted unofficially by fan groups clouds and dilutes the message. 

I think we've agreed on all of that, but perhaps on this occasion the club intended for this to be filled in by group members?  The club can't be held accountable for someone then choosing to post it elsewhere.

I'm sure if the club wanted this to go to all the supporters then they will post it via their official channels which have a far higher social media/other media following than any of the groups or us as individuals will have.

5 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

I think we've agreed on all of that, but perhaps on this occasion the club intended for this to be filled in by group members?  The club can't be held accountable for someone then choosing to post it elsewhere.

I'm sure if the club wanted this to go to all the supporters then they will post it via their official channels which have a far higher social media/other media following than any of the groups or us as individuals will have.

Thats kind of my earlier point.

Arent all fans views important, and valid, and not just those who are members of a panel? 

Obviously I haven't seen the wording of the mail sent to the OSP (and other) membership. Whilst I fully accept that it's out of the clubs control if it's been let out by one of the OSP members. But maybe the wording from the club needs to be clearer, as I'm sure when more delicate matters are being discussed that aren't for 'public eyes' we wouldn't want the OSP to be leaking those via Facebook and the like. 

That said, I'm sure this survey is intended for every football supporter irrespective of club, or memberships.