Sign in to follow this  
Maltesecanary

Best 11

Interesting you've both gone with Gibson.  For me he's going to be the weak piece in our team, he's good on the ball and distributes well - but he'll be turned inside out in this league and has very little aerial presence to him.

I'd never swap Hanley out for him, but i would replace him with Oma.  So interesting that neither of you gone with Hanley/Oma combo as that differs greatly to my opinion.

In fact, Gibson is likely to break down within the first month of play at this level and if we don't have another CB then i predict the pairing will eventually switch be Hanley/Oma around Late Sept/October time.

Also, I'm expecting Dowell to play the Number 10/ACM role - never considered that Cantwell may pick that position up full-time.  But with Tzolis and Rashica it does seem the only logical position for him.....  Or he is indeed off(?).

Could be a hell of a season for Cantwell if he does seal that role.  He's already got a lot of eyes on him.

Edited by Google Bot

I think that's pretty spot on Bethnal.

My instincts were that Gilmour wouldn't be likely to play in a 2. Cantwell will have the freedom to go anywhere and Rashica will almost be up alongside Pukki when things are going well.

We've got a smaller squad now but a lot of versatility.

1 hour ago, Maltesecanary said:

FB_IMG_1628762415645.jpg.6c58f10fe73809066af4c85f1c547bae.jpgOur best 11 when all fit 

The romanticist wants me to go with this one...

15 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Assuming that everyone is fit, this is the XI I'd go with. 

tactical-board.com (3).png

... but the pragmatist tells me to go with this one. However, I would be tempted to take out McLean and put in Omobamidele to revert to a back three whilst we await a new DM and/or CB.

37 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Assuming that everyone is fit, this is the XI I'd go with. 

tactical-board.com (3).png

Swap McLean for a new solid DM and that'd be perfect. With the ability to bring on Tzolis, Sargent, Dowell, McLean I'd be confident that team could stay up.

1 minute ago, Darth Vadis said:

Swap McLean for a new solid DM and that'd be perfect. With the ability to bring on Tzolis, Sargent, Dowell, McLean I'd be confident that team could stay up.

I think with a 3 man midfield the need for an out and out DM is negated a little. PLM used to do a lot of defensive work for Nice in Ligue 1 (he was one of the top midfielders for tackling and interceptions), and McLean also puts in a defensive shift as well. 

Although I think the squad does not a DM if Farke wants to play a two man midfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The romanticist wants me to go with this one...

... but the pragmatist tells me to go with this one. However, I would be tempted to take out McLean and put in Omobamidele to revert to a back three whilst we await a new DM and/or CB.

Agree the first is way too attacking for most of the opponents we will face this season