Sign in to follow this  
KanYe West

Who is worthys best ever signing?

An unfashionable choice but I would go for Gary Holt.  He played a massive part in turning the club around and later winning the league.  Probably the best £250k Worthy has ever spent. 

Definitely Hucks. The feel good factor within and around the club at that time was amazing, and also continued for the rest of the season.

That feel-good factor has long since gone from the club.

I think you will find he cost even less than that!But Hux at £750k is not bad! Francis was more like £250k! But should Robinson turn good £50k will be an absolute steel!

It has to be Francis, an unknown quantity who at £260K was a bargain. Scored a lot of important goals for us but sadly turned a bit sour towards the end

I have started a poll on the subject. I reckon Huckerby although safri and drury have been great.

its got to be huckerby for everything he has done and all the excitment and my 2nd choice now would be yousiff safri

Adam Drury without doubt.

Very consistent, tidy, organised and total club man. Very few wide men get the better of Drury and he has improved a lot going forward Struggled a bit last season but has given 5 years loyal service.

Huckerby was on fire for 6 or 8 months but is now a pale shadow of that player. He is totally predictable, far too greedy and has lost that burning pace.

Holt? - I normally respect all posts from Saint Canary and ZLF - let''s just say we will have to differ on that one!   

My top five are

1. Hux - who has brought us some financial stability after the one off prem season
  2. Holt - a bargain and a bed rock of the team
  3. Drury - a fantastic pro
  4. Francis - a goal scoring midfielder for just £260k?!?
  5. Ashton - superb striker that we failed to get the best out of...

Helveg is also a close one but why sign someone with quality if thats not an attribute you value?

[quote user="KanYe West"]

See worthy IS a good manager!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

why? kevin keegan signed many good players but i never rated him as a manager.....  look at the table kanye, 1 point above plymouth and they have a game in hand...

he also signed etuhu one of the worse players i have ever seen wearing the shirt....

I think 99% of Worthy''s signings have been good signings in the last 4 years, as there is not one of them that i would not want at this club at the time of signing them. But there is a terrible fashion under Worthy''s reign and that is he turns a bloody good player into a bad player. For the best signing it would have to be Huckerby and i also think Earnshaw will turn out to be an asset to the club. We just need worthy to leave the club for that to happen as his style of football and management is rubbish.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="KanYe West"]

See worthy IS a good manager!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

why? kevin keegan signed many good players but i never rated him as a manager.....  look at the table kanye, 1 point above plymouth and they have a game in hand...

he also signed etuhu one of the worse players i have ever seen wearing the shirt....

[/quote]

Graeme Souness signed Mickey Owen for Newcastle.. does that make him a good manager???

what about Dave Hoidgson signing Asprilla for the Darlo (i know it was only 1 day... but he still got him to do it).... good manager too????

1 signing doesnt make a manager great

jas :)

[quote user="stan the man"]I think 99% of Worthy''s signings have been good signings in the last 4 years, as there is not one of them that i would not want at this club at the time of signing them. But there is a terrible fashion under Worthy''s reign and that is he turns a bloody good player into a bad player. For the best signing it would have to be Huckerby and i also think Earnshaw will turn out to be an asset to the club. We just need worthy to leave the club for that to happen as his style of football and management is rubbish.[/quote]

hoof it up to the welsh midget....  i was in total despair at what was going on on sunday....

My top five are

1. Hucks for me stands out as the best
  2. Drury - best left back since bowen
  3. Holt - great servant and when he had 3 lungs never stopped for the city cause - even got capped for scotland
  4. dicko - he will come good and be better than francis.
  5. earnie - he''s a class act, and what a coup bringing him here when the team is playing like no-hopers - still can''t believe worthy has pulled it off. 

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]My top five are

1. Hucks for me stands out as the best
  2. Drury - best left back since bowen
  3. Holt - great servant and when he had 3 lungs never stopped for the city cause - even got capped for scotland
  4. dicko - he will come good and be better than francis.
  5. earnie - he''s a class act, and what a coup bringing him here when

the team is playing like no-hopers - still can''t believe worthy has

pulled it off. 
[/quote]

Re: your fifth point: The great shame in it all is that if Worthy had

brought out the full potential in our team this season and we were

occupying one of the top 2 slots I think Ashton would have stayed AND

the board would have stumped up the cash for Earnie. That would have

been awesome.

That said, I have seldom argued with a Worthy signing. Maybe not all

come good, but credit where credit''s due: a lot of us were in complete

agreement with the idea of Etuhu signing when he arrived on loan, some

even wanted him here when we got to the prem, but how many of us

suggested Rehman? A big fat nill. And how many said Johansson was

rubbish before he even arrived? Most.

Why cant people get over the fact that Helveg was one of the worse players of last season?He got us relegated as much as the rest of them did. We went down because not enough players were commited to our cause and they all jumped ship at the end of the season. In fact I think you will find that they lost us that last games when half of them were already one foot in another club.For that I will never forgive any but a few for Fulham. Bunch of deserters - we had been better off playing our accademy team!