Thirsty Lizard

Any Chess Players on Here?

Been on and off with it. Probably played for a year or so overall. Good fun and a great game but not one I am suited to. The amount of howlers… jeez.

What rating are you TL? I think I got up to about 1100 then completely crumbled to a very low rating thanks to repeated thrashings from the same mate!

Quite enjoy watching games more so now on YouTube, Agadmator does good commentaries, and Mikhail Tal is definitely my favourite player. 

10 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Been on and off with it. Probably played for a year or so overall. Good fun and a great game but not one I am suited to. The amount of howlers… jeez.

What rating are you TL? I think I got up to about 1100 then completely crumbled to a very low rating thanks to repeated thrashings from the same mate!

Quite enjoy watching games more so now on YouTube, Agadmator does good commentaries, and Mikhail Tal is definitely my favourite player. 

You get different ratings for different time controls Hank (don't know which one you prefer).

As of today on Chess.com I'm 1211 for Bullet, 1479 for Blitz and 1654 for Rapid. I also like to solve chess puzzles and it would appear that I might actually be better at that than I am at playing. I'm currently rated 2592 for puzzles. 

I also play a lot on Lichess which in my opinion is a better site than Chess.Com. For some reason I seem to play better on there.

As of today I'm rated 1532 for Bullet, 1,729 for Blitz and 1803 for Rapid on there. I'm 2423 for Puzzles on there. 

As for howlers - I've made thousands of them. 🙂 

58 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

You get different ratings for different time controls Hank (don't know which one you prefer).

As of today on Chess.com I'm 1211 for Bullet, 1479 for Blitz and 1654 for Rapid. I also like to solve chess puzzles and it would appear that I might actually be better at that than I am at playing. I'm currently rated 2592 for puzzles. 

I also play a lot on Lichess which in my opinion is a better site than Chess.Com. For some reason I seem to play better on there.

As of today I'm rated 1532 for Bullet, 1,729 for Blitz and 1803 for Rapid on there. I'm 2423 for Puzzles on there. 

As for howlers - I've made thousands of them. 🙂 

I usually just play standard 30 min games on chess.com, it takes me far too long to work it all out and try to map ahead so I don’t really play the short form modes so much. I also have a freakishly terrible sense of direction which probably makes me very unsuited to chess…

And those are some strong ratings you’ve got, particularly for rapid! I imagine a game between you and I would resemble a certain game of football we saw on the weekend.

Anyone play draughts…? 😆