20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Other than him being about 40 years old and on 60 grand a week 

Grumpy this morning Cambridge?

Dann is a mere 34 years old and as of this moment he's on precisely 0 pounds per week.

It wouldn't totally surprise me if we went for a short term experienced option like Cahill or Dann to add numbers in central defence this season. 

10 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Grumpy this morning Cambridge?

Dann is a mere 34 years old and as of this moment he's on precisely 0 pounds per week.

It wouldn't totally surprise me if we went for a short term experienced option like Cahill or Dann to add numbers in central defence this season. 

Would be interesting to see how he would do next to Gibson. Can't do any worse than Zimmerman.. right?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AJ said:

It's a no from me, may as well keep Klose

I was thinking that.

Klose is slightly younger as well.

Depends upon the extent that his injuries in recent times have limited him I suppose.

Why not. He has plenty of PL experience. Reads the game well. Could be another Hugill 👀good in the dressing room🤣..

Simply - no.

Wages wise, along with Cahill he has rejected a contract from Crystal Palace. So he's likely looking for a longer contract or more than they were willing to offer.

He made 15 appearances last season in total. Would prefer Cahill if honest. And I don't think we'll get him.

So with that and mentions of Klose. Do we have the squad numbers and what gaps we have available to fill? Someone on here knows the home grown rules etc.  

12 minutes ago, chicken said:

Simply - no.

Wages wise, along with Cahill he has rejected a contract from Crystal Palace. So he's likely looking for a longer contract or more than they were willing to offer.

He made 15 appearances last season in total. Would prefer Cahill if honest. And I don't think we'll get him.

Sky reports that he wanted a "new challenge" which suggests he might want to move into the coaching/management area, ala Russ Martin.

The 15 appearances only would alone rule him out for me.

His days were numbered at Palace as they have added two new centre backs to their squad in close season, I believe.

By contrast, the club wanted him to remain ... perhaps as dressing room mentor or into coaching at Selhurst?

Christ, I was signing him from Birmingham (was it?) in Champ Manager 2004 or something.

I'm surprised he's still alive, let alone playing.  Shows how out of touch I am I suppose.

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don't think you understand how jobs work mate.

4 hours ago, Orly said:

Christ, I was signing him from Birmingham (was it?) in Champ Manager 2004 or something.

I'm surprised he's still alive, let alone playing.  Shows how out of touch I am I suppose.

5 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

How old is he now? I genuinely thought he'd retired about 5 years ago 😂

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I can't help but feel that you may be confusing Scott Dann with Neil Danns, who was also a centre back and who also played for Crystal Palace.

Orly was definitely signing Neil Danns in 2004 from Birmingham.

Both played for both Birmingham and Crystal Palace. And yes, the other Danns is almost 40.... 38 to be precise, and currently playing in the Welsh Premier League.

Personally I feel that if we felt we needed an experienced 34 year old centre back who can only play 15-20 games per season and peaked about 4 years ago to come in as a squad player, then we've got one of those... Timm Klose.

We don't need to sign Palace's Timm Klose, just put ours in the 25 for the final year of his deal, if we fail to land a younger model.

An experienced defender on a short term (e.g. a year) deal would be a great addition, regardless of their age, and likely help improve Omo no end. 

I love comments like (he'd be on £60k aweek). If he's left a club he won't be on anything, and would have to negotiate with any interested club.

Would Dann or Cahill be better than Zimm or Klose. I would say so, but it's whether Farke & Webber are looking at someone like this though   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I can't help but feel that you may be confusing Scott Dann with Neil Danns, who was also a centre back and who also played for Crystal Palace.

Orly was definitely signing Neil Danns in 2004 from Birmingham.

Both played for both Birmingham and Crystal Palace. And yes, the other Danns is almost 40.... 38 to be precise, and currently playing in the Welsh Premier League.

Personally I feel that if we felt we needed an experienced 34 year old centre back who can only play 15-20 games per season and peaked about 4 years ago to come in as a squad player, then we've got one of those... Timm Klose.

We don't need to sign Palace's Timm Klose, just put ours in the 25 for the final year of his deal, if we fail to land a younger model.

Nope, I was thinking of Scott Dann. Neil Danns I did totally forget existed. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

I noticed Klose wasn't on the list of squad numbers for this season, does that mean he isn't eligible to take part in any league games?

Klose still at home in Switzerland, seemingly with Farke's agreement.  Not in plans therefore.

7 minutes ago, pete said:

Klose still at home in Switzerland, seemingly with Farke's agreement.  Not in plans therefore.

Regardless of what happens with Klose and his career he will forever be a Norwich legend who will go down in Norwich folklore for all time

'Were gonna do it.. WERE GONNA DO IT! ... ****'

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think we should be targeting the likes of who Palace see as an upgrade to Cahill and Dann tbh.

They’ve upgraded to Guehi and Andersen, who they signed for £21 million and £16 million respectively. I can’t see us being able to afford similar players. Apologies if I’ve misunderstood your point.

3 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

They’ve upgraded to Guehi and Andersen, who they signed for £21 million and £16 million respectively. I can’t see us being able to afford similar players. Apologies if I’ve misunderstood your point.

I knew they'd signed Guehi, but was unaware about Andersen. Aged 21 and 25 respectively. If we can't afford those kind of players then we should look a loan option, as Swansea did with Guehi last season, but it shows what we are up against.

The point was if Cahill and Dann are not viewed as essential to Palace then they shouldn't be for us either.   

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Regardless of what happens with Klose and his career he will forever be a Norwich legend who will go down in Norwich folklore for all time

'Were gonna do it.. WERE GONNA DO IT! ... ****'

Interesting to hear the deafening noise coming from the farmhands leading up to the goal - and Hanleys speed and determination made that goal 'something out of nothing'

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

I knew they'd signed Guehi, but was unaware about Andersen. Aged 21 and 25 respectively. If we can't afford those kind of players then we should look a loan option, as Swansea did with Guehi last season, but it shows what we are up against.

The point was if Cahill and Dann are not viewed as essential to Palace then they shouldn't be for us either.   

Oh right-not sure if anyone was saying they were essential. I think Cahill was mentioned before as being a decent backup to Hanley and Gibson, probably ahead of Omobamidele but I would see Dann as being 4th choice at best so, for the wage he would probably expect, not worth it.

8 hours ago, Necton Canary said:

I see Scott Dann has left Crystal Palace - could he be an excellent experienced defender for Norwich?

no, and I am sure that as the transfer deadline gets nearer he will become more concerned about securing a contract

.....a sort of

desperate Dann