Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the PUPs Season 15 Week 1

1839047117_dspic2.jpg.51b2e1eceea4c568de26ad187c99d551.jpg

Welcome to Rays Funds, supported by Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare.

Hello PUPs! It’s great to be back for the fifteenth season of Rays Funds.

Firstly, if you’re looking at this and wondering about joining this season just jump in and take part. It’s not pay to play. Those that can afford send me a tenner because we need 40 tenners to get through the season. My paypal is canaryeddie@aol.com Thanks to everyone who has already sent £10, your support is really appreciated.

As is customary our reigning champion is in charge on the first week. So we have top PUP @KiwiScotpicking the six results. Kiwi had a brilliant season last time as he stormed the league from the start. Kiwi didn’t pick a loser until week 17 and then showed great strength to stay top for the rest of the season. Picking on the first week can be a lottery at times but if anyone can find a winning six Kiwi can. We can help him to with our very best selection from the games played on Saturday, Sunday and Monday of this weekend that are listed on the Bet 365 web site.

We have @Hansterbubble making the selections for our big opening game against Liverpool on Saturday. Hanster is back with us this season, we’ve missed him so I wanted to get him involved as soon as possible. He’s bravely accepted the challenge so let’s help him with some great options that are listed on Bet 365 or Bill Hill.

As always a massive thank-you to our benefactor PUPanon for making the Norwich match picks possible for another season. Also to all the Pink Un posters who send me pledges and donations. And to our wonderful sponsors Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare. The sponsorship, pledges and donations all go straight into the presentation pot. It makes a massive difference to the amount we raise. I know the CSF and our DS and Pan-disability boys and girls really appreciate this support. For more information on our sponsors take a look at their websites below :-

712057387_turner2-page-001.jpg.d69bb7ab6e33b6517437057648143049.jpg

http://www.turnereuropeanconsulting.com/

473152359_cavellhealthcare.jpg.38398b6e006c07b7668945258c5466ec.jpg

https://www.cavellhealthcare.co.uk/

Talking of pledges I’m going to post the 21/22 pledge thread after this. I got some support for naming this thread after our great friend Lapps which means his name will be on the totals each week along with Chelle and Wooster. As with Ray I will remember them fondly each week. Thread is here ; -

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/143353-the-lappinitup-pups-pledges-for-the-csf-202122/

Swindon Canary can't post at the moment so @Duncan Edwards has agreed to step in. Thanks Duncan.

Final 6 Picks

Aug 21st – Duncan Edwards - Confirmed

Aug 28th – First Wazzock - Confirmed

Norwich Match Picks

Aug 21st – Mr Angry – Confirmed

Aug 28th – Pockthorpe - Confirmed

Amazingly we already have over two grand in the presentation pot. That’s a brilliant effort. Good luck everyone and let’s see how much we can increase that through the season.

1277795032_Signaturetotals-05Aug21.jpg.8ea4c2dfe266b153cdfa1e95da585d10.jpg

Now I’ll hand the thread over to KiwiScot and Hansterbubble. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you to success. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community Sports Foundation and our fabulous Downs Syndrome and pan-disability boys and girls.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Ken and Anthony, the thread is yours.......🙃.......

2107844423_Rayssignature-09may21.jpg.c25bf897012659104a0c3df1176486be.jpg

Rays Funds on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/124098287639888/

Rays Funds on Twitter : https://twitter.com/Raysfunds

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

Paris Saint-Germain to beat Strasbourg.

For the Norwich game, I would suggest BTTS.

• Like 1

Hello from Glasgow.

1.jpg.5b7c29d8408cabc178c23db0592bc820.jpg  2.jpg.f4690a97cf55e627b5d056ff027d8d1b.jpg  3.jpg.db3d6e188f3bab29bf486a2df9f1e681.jpg4.thumb.jpg.d9dda6651e8fee18fa90935d71b3bbbd.jpg  5.jpg.0063fa8a005156594e4814b25b7a0bc3.jpg  6.thumb.jpg.eeea0789cef2ff5633632e75d7ab5932.jpg

Thanks Nutty and glad to be back for another fundraising campaign though somewhat feeling rusty and what with this being the first week I'll need lots of help from all you Pups.I'll be posting from 9pm on Friday so lots of time.

For Hansterbubble my Norwich Bet is a bet bulider from Bet365.  Salah to score, Cantwell to score, over 3 cards its 22/1

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Thanks 1

Oh dear. Winter's on the way.

A Messiless Barcelona to beat Real Sociedad for me please.

For City's game BTTS.

Good luck Kiwi and Hanster, and all PUPs for the new season.

• Like 1

Greetings one and all, here we go again. Starting the season in Portugal with...

Benfica v FC Arouca - Home Win

For the match bet, Pukki to score the first goal.

Best of luck Kiwi, Hanster and all you PUPs. 

• Like 1

Oh my word, it's so lovely to be back... and this time I've got company!

My lovely wife Katie, aka SuperHooper (not yet a forum member but I'm working on her), is going to join the league.

I wish Hansterbubble and KiwiScot all the luck in getting us off to a flying start. Our picks are as follows... ladies first!

SuperHooper: Heracles v PSV EINDHOVEN (away win)

Feedthewolf: PSG v Strasbourg (home win)

For the match bet, we like the look of Lees-Melou to score anytime... or if you can find it and are feeling particularly adventurous, to score from outside the box.

Yeeeeellloooooows!

• Like 1

Hi all, as above by FTW great to be back into a new season with people actually being back at FCR…….

Good luck to all PUPS this season.

After talking with my cousin in Prague Sparta have a good squad this year and Hlozek still there banging in two in three games, I’m going for:

Bohemians v Sparta Prague away win.

For the Norwich game, hard to call as Liverpool should be far too strong but first game at home after Covid restrictions! I’m going for  BTTS…….

Smash it Kiwi & Hans, good luck with your picks….OTBC💚💛

• Like 1

Hello all, I'm back from an 18 month self inflicted exile.

Nice to see some old faces, and especially nice to see some new ones too!

For KiwiScot - I'm going back to my old stomping ground of The Welsh Premier League. First game of the season this weekend, however one team have already been in Champions League action so should have a little more fitness and sharpness than the rest

Newtown v THE NEW SAINTS - AWAY WIN Sun 15th @ 14:30 is 1/3 with BET365

For Hansterbubble - I like the look of our attack this season so we'll score lots of goals. Although I'm fairly we'll ship a load in too!

With that in mind, (and remembering our last opener against Liverpool) how about OVER 3.5 GOALS IN FIRST HALF which is 12/1 with BT365

Lets hope that we score some of them!!

Good Luck everyone, great to be back

Leedscanary

• Like 2

Hello all. Good to read this thread again. It feels like ages ago. To echo First Wazzock too, thanks to Nutty for his usual hard work behind the scenes and for making everything run so smoothly. Best wishes to everyone hoping all have their best seasons ever and especially to Kiwi and Hasterbubble.

For Kiwi, I'm going for a first game win for Ajax at home. Their odds are incredibly short.

For our game, I'm actually thinking we won't have a repeat of this first day fixture as last time around with goals flying in. So an under 2.5 goals may be a decent bet in terms of odds (and a natural offset to Leeds Canary's above).

Good Luck everyone. Hope for many sets of six this season🙂

• Like 1

Here we go .

Kiwi , I’m going for Birmingham v STOKE away win 15/8 ( Vrancic winner).

Hansterbubble , I’m suggesting Gilmour  to score anytime 11/1 .

Good luck lovely Pups ! 

• Like 1

A very good evening to you Nutty and good luck to Kiwi, Hansterbubble and all you other lovely PUPs out there.

Prenier League for me and a HOME WIN for LEICESTER v Wolves.

For the Norwich game Giannoulis to score at anytime.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

It's always tough at the start of the season before things settle down, so I'll go for something relatively safe. Benfica won their opener and Arouca lost theirs at home, so Benfica to beat Arouca at home at 2/11 is my pick.

For our game, I was thinking Lees-Melou to score but that's been suggested. Instead, I can see one of our engine room picking up the first booking, so Lees-Melou first booking or Rupp first booking will be my tip, priced up at 11/1 and 16/1 respectively.

And @nutty nigel, I'll send you a tenner at some point over the coming days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s great to be back with the Pups!

Just had a look at the early posts and there’s already some cracking suggestions in there that have got me thinking, so keep them coming.

Edited by Hansterbubble
Picked match that was 2 weeks away, cheeky edit and hope no one notices!

Sevilla vs Rayo Vallecano

Rashica to score last 

Good luck everyone 

OTBC 💛💚💛💚

Edited by NFN FC
Didn't realise the italians don't kick off for another week
  • Like 2

I’m clearly out of practice with this, as just selected a game for Kiwi that was about a fortnight away and I’ve not even had a drink yet😬😜.  I’ll keep that one in my back pocket until the appropriate weekend, and for this one I’m drawn to Chelsea to beat Palace, as I have a feeling Palace may struggle with all the changes over the summer. Good luck Kiwi Scott with the picks.

I’ll have a think about the match pick and come back with that when I make the selection. 

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hansterbubble said:

I’m clearly out of practice with this, as just selected a game for Kiwi that was about a fortnight away and I’ve not even had a drink yet😬😜.  I’ll keep that one in my back pocket until the appropriate weekend, and for this one I’m drawn to Chelsea to beat Palace, as I have a feeling Palace may struggle with all the changes over the summer. Good luck Kiwi Scott with the picks.

I’ll have a think about the match pick and come back with that when I make the selection. 

Good luck everyone!

Surprised the forum police didnt spot that.

5 minutes ago, Kathy said:

I was watching Fake or Fortune but would have got round to it at some stage.

Evening everyone, and great to be back!!  Thanks Eddie for all of your hard work keeping this thread running!

MMMK - LEICESTER -v- Wolves HOME WIN

MM - PSG -v- Strasbourg HOME WIN

For the Norwich match, PLM to score any time.

Good Luck everyone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kathy said:

Self policing pups now Kathy. Like Afghanistan without America so I'm on the beach. Lets see how that lasts.

Edit: ???

Edited by KiwiScot

9 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Self policing pups now Kathy. Like Afghanistan without America so I'm on the beach. Lets see how that lasts.

If you're quick you can edit it rather than come clean. I know because it happened to a friend.....

• Haha 1

Great to be back involved again, it's been so long I'd forgotten that I'd actually got on the honours board many moons ago!  Good luck to everyone this week!

I'm heading off to League Two where I'm picking Rochdale to beat S****horpe.

For the Norwich pick, I'm unfortunately going to go for Liverpool to win from behind which is currently 5/1 on Bet365.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've done this so as I'm a bit out of touch, I thought I'd check on one of those betting advice sites for some help. So I can't take the credit if it comes off, or the blame if it doesn't 😜

It seems to make sense to me to pick from a league that has already played a good number of games this season so I've gone for the J-League, where Kashiwa Reysol, down in 15th place with a 7-2-14 record, are at home to Kawasaki Frontale, who are top, with a 19-4-0 record. Odds on an away win are currently 11/20 on Bet365 or 8/15 on William Hill. 

For our game, Both Teams To Score is 3/4 on Bet365 and 4/5 on William Hill.

Good luck to KiwiScot, Hansterbubble and to all you lovely PUPs out there.

• Like 1

Going to Turkey on Monday for Kiwi 

Galatasaray have been playing European games since mid-July so hopefully they will be fit but not too tired! They start their league campaign away to newly promoted Giresunspor. 8/15 looks a good price.

Giresunspor          v          Galatasaray          Away Win

For Hansterbubble I think both teams will score.

BTTS

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

Thanks for the opportunity next week, I’m both delighted to do it and disappointed that Swindon can’t. 

As usual, I’m going to try for an away win. I’m plumping for Fulham to do the job away at Huddersfield. Despite being away, they are  favourites and if they - as I suspect - fancy giving it a go, this will be a fixture they should target. 

As for our mob…..I think it MIGHT come too soon. We’ve missed players, fixtures and only got Tzolis over the line late on. Pukki might not be fully fit, Cantwell has been a doubt and in the friendlies I’ve watched Rashica might one day clear a stand like Jens Berthel-Askou. Weighing it all up, I’ve decided we’ll probably win with both teams scoring. 😉

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!! 

• Like 1

It's great to have this back! Thanks to Nutty for all his hard work and organisation.

I'm going for a home win for Breidablik v. I Akranes in the Icelandic Urvalsdeild.

Breidablik are W6 D0 L1 F22 A2 at home and I Akranes are W1 D0 L7 F6 A21 away.

Good Luck, KiwiScot!

As for the Norwich Bet - draw.

Good Luck, Hansterbubble!

• Like 1