Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk  Dan

Ian Culverhouse

Anyone else heard the radio game on Talk Sport at the weekends "Ian Culverhouse" 

I have listed for ages and still to this day can not work out what the rules are. 

Just wondering if anyone does know the rules....? 

Or start a game here so I can work out how to play.... 

1 minute ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Anyone else heard the radio game on Talk Sport at the weekends "Ian Culverhouse" 

I have listed for ages and still to this day can not work out what the rules are. 

It is similar to the long running game Mornington Crescent on I'm Sorry I haven't A Clue. Basically it is just made up with the intention of confusing people into thinking there are rules.

• Haha 1

Ian Culverhouse is probably quite an obscure name outside of Norfolk nowadays, most people probably just know him as the ex Villa assistant manager. I admit I've been curious about it as well and why exactly they chose Culverhouse of all people.

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It is similar to the long running game Mornington Crescent on I'm Sorry I haven't A Clue. Basically it is just made up with the intention of confusing people into thinking there are rules.

I'm sorry this is completely incorrect, there are very clear rules for both Mornington Crescent and Culverhouse...

I believe calling the game "Ian Culverhouse" is a bit like calling football "soccer"..

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

The rules are on the website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Norfolk Dan said:

Seriously no rules just name old players.... And end with Ian Culverhouse... I'm so not happy about that! 

wrong wrong wrong

it's only really in the amateur game that games tend to finish with a straight "Ian Culverhouse"..

Exciting news for all fans of the Ian Culverhouse game is that although Max is moving to Australia to host a TV show he will still be doing his weekend shows on Talksport so Culverhouse will continue. 😀

Just now, A Load of Squit said:

Exciting news for all fans of the Ian Culverhouse game is that although Max is moving to Australia to host a TV show he will still be doing his weekend shows on Talksport so Culverhouse will continue. 😀

Excellent... international Culverhouse is a thing to behold..

Of course there have been false starts... many of us will remember the short lived (strictly unofficial) Culverhouse competition of the late 70s arranged by that Australian chap.. it all became very political.. tears were shed.. ultimately it set back international Culverhouse back a decade... 

3 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

I am currently trying to launch a new version of Culverhouse ("Culverhundredhouse") - a rapid version, dumbed down and with bright colours to attract a younger audience..

Off shoots of Culverhouse have failed in the past. I still have nightmares about that time they tried to introduce 'Gary Karsa'.

Just now, A Load of Squit said:

Off shoots of Culverhouse have failed in the past. I still have nightmares about that time they tried to introduce 'Gary Karsa'.

well that was a step too far

1 hour ago, ncfcstar said:

The rules are on the website.

If it’s like Mornington Crescent, the  only rule is you keep going and end when the scheduled programme time is up

Edit: that’s assuming it’s the last feature on the programme

Edited by GenerationA47

2 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

If it’s like Mornington Crescent, the  only rule is you keep going and end when the scheduled programme time is up

Edit: that’s assuming it’s the last feature on the programme

I was going to just respond with a 'rules on the website' again, but rather than appear rude I'll give you the context :D.  It's a long running joke when they play Culverhouse that people ask what the rules are, and Max Rushden says 'the rules are on the website' - when obviously they don't actually exist.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Norfolk Dan said:

A question I've always wanted the answer to but never had the motivation to seek the answer for. Thanks for asking. Shame about the answer though. 

1 minute ago, ncfcstar said:

I was going to just respond with a 'rules on the website' again, but rather than appear rude I'll give you the context :D.  It's a long running joke when they play Culverhouse that people ask what the rules are, and Max Rushden says 'the rules are on the website' - when obviously they don't actually exist.

i think you'll find that Max Rushden does exist