Dr Greenthumb

Footballer insider report on Webber

Tbf he’s said it enough times that he won’t be renewing it and would even take a break if he had to.
He’s always been refreshingly up front about things so why bother trying to renew if he’s made it clear that he won’t? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, York Canary said:

Tbf he’s said it enough times that he won’t be renewing it and would even take a break if he had to.
He’s always been refreshingly up front about things so why bother trying to renew if he’s made it clear that he won’t? 

His last interview gave hope there could be a chance though. The world has changed since he initially said he wouldn’t be.

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Apparently we are not looking at renewing Stuart Webber’s contract!

He’s given hints publicly, but my guess is that behind closed doors we know exactly Webber’s stance, and if he’s said we’ll revue things at the end of the season then I guess all parties are already comfortable with that. 

Would love Todd to surprise us by signing a new contract however, but I think that’s a bit of wishful thinking on my part unfortunately, Dr G!

• Like 1

Not read it, but maybe it’s got the wrong end of the stick of us perhaps not offering a set date contract and instead it just being open ended from now on, sort of like just a normal job.

This is what he said in May.

Webber had previously insisted when he penned his own City deal that would be his last, but the impact of the pandemic is now a major factor in his next career move. 

“I've always been crystal clear with Delia and Michael I'll never leave them in the lurch. And I wouldn't. I wouldn't put the club at any risk,” he said. “If we get to 12 months time and my contract is up and I need to stay a bit longer then I'm open to doing that.

"At the same time, in 12 months, if the club want me to disappear, I'll disappear as well. I fully respect that.  

Here's the link to today's story.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/norwich-city-recruitment-chief-could-be-set-for-shock-exit-exclusive/

But a source at the Premier League new boys has told Football Insider that they have no plans to renew Webber’s contract.

How reliable are Football Insider? Are they just looking for clicks?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

This is what he said in May.

Webber had previously insisted when he penned his own City deal that would be his last, but the impact of the pandemic is now a major factor in his next career move. 

“I've always been crystal clear with Delia and Michael I'll never leave them in the lurch. And I wouldn't. I wouldn't put the club at any risk,” he said. “If we get to 12 months time and my contract is up and I need to stay a bit longer then I'm open to doing that.

"At the same time, in 12 months, if the club want me to disappear, I'll disappear as well. I fully respect that.  

Here's the link to today's story.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/norwich-city-recruitment-chief-could-be-set-for-shock-exit-exclusive/

But a source at the Premier League new boys has told Football Insider that they have no plans to renew Webber’s contract.

How reliable are Football Insider? Are they just looking for clicks?

They are a bunch of bulls**t clickbait merchants who know the sum total of eff all about football. Why anybody takes a word that they say seriously I have no idea.

• Like 2

Something very fishy about this link? Who would actually decide whether to offer Webber a new contract anyway? I can’t believe our board wouldn’t. Or is it our other senior operating officer (ie Zoe?). This is either him fishing for a new contract offer from the board or testing the water to see what other offers come in. 

Edited by Jim Smith

24 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Something very fishy about this link? Who would actually decide whether to offer Webber a new contract anyway? I can’t believe our board wouldn’t. Or is it our other senior operating officer (ie Zoe?). This is either him fishing for a new contract offer from the board or testing the water to see what other offers come in. 

You usually negotiate directly with the chairman. No idea who this is right now. 

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You usually negotiate directly with the chairman. No idea who this is right now. 

I just dont see what "senior sources" there actually are at Norwich who would have a serious say in these types of decisions other than Webber and Zoe. We don't really have any other senior staff and I can't see that any members of our board would have tipped off a website that we are not planning on offering Webber a new contract!

One of my main concerns about the loss of Kensell from the trio of executive officers was not so much the loss of what he brought to the party but who in the club is dealing with matters such as Webber's contract? I think i'm right in saying that Zoe Ward deals with most contractual matters but obviously that brings with it challenges when the contract in question is your husbands!

10 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

We haven't had a chair since Ed Balls left.

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I just dont see what "senior sources" there actually are at Norwich who would have a serious say in these types of decisions other than Webber and Zoe. We don't really have any other senior staff and I can't see that any members of our board would have tipped off a website that we are not planning on offering Webber a new contract!

One of my main concerns about the loss of Kensell from the trio of executive officers was not so much the loss of what he brought to the party but who in the club is dealing with matters such as Webber's contract? I think i'm right in saying that Zoe Ward deals with most contractual matters but obviously that brings with it challenges when the contract in question is your husbands!

Why have you included the word 'senior' in you quote, Football Insider just said 'sources'?

I often wonder if our club will eventually have a custodian rather than owner and Webber would be ideal for that. I guess he could pursue other projects outside football and combine the two. Whatever I expect something totally radical for the future.

Cue Neppers Tom nonsense again....

Obviously a slow news day. Nothing has really changed, there is no doubt Delia and Michael will want Webber to stay if he wants to, but I've no doubt the agreement is to support him whatever he decides. At the end of the day he's worked absolute magic here and he owes us nothing, but we'd be very grateful if he does stick around a bit longer!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jersey Canary said:

How would this all pan out bearing in mind Webber’s wife works in a prominent position at the club? Does that mean we lose her as well?

Wasn't she working at the club before Webber was employed?

29 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Wasn't she working at the club before Webber was employed?

Yes. And I think Webber explained his ambitions were to work at some clubs abroad for a period before returning back to England, hopefully with a reputation that enables him to work with one of the heavy hitters.

I suspect that he wouldn't uproot his family at least initially. 

12 minutes ago, chicken said:

Yes. And I think Webber explained his ambitions were to work at some clubs abroad for a period before returning back to England, hopefully with a reputation that enables him to work with one of the heavy hitters.

I suspect that he wouldn't uproot his family at least initially. 

It's a good job that he still has a year left and he's said he would not leave early as I can see parallels (although on a bigger scale) between the financial problems at Barcelona and the financial problem we were in when he came here. Webber has a reputation of turning those issues around and in football reputations mean a lot.

SW will leave when he deems its time to leave, this is really a stupid non news feature thats indeed  just click bait rubbish. Of course he will exit, he said early in his time here that he was "just passing thru", meaning every employee leaves a club at some point but the club remains. Alex Ferguson was just passing thru Man Utd.

We have lost 2 important guys in their respective roles in last couple of weeks already in Bill Kensell and Kieron Scott, its the nature of any organisation that has hundreds of employees  for comings and goings to happen most weeks of any year. Just as has been said already, nothing to see, move on.

He could leave sooner rather than later. The head of recruitment has followed Nicky Butt out the door and both have  left Man Utd so there is a couple of vacancies there that may well get the attention of Mr Webber.

12 minutes ago, Discobolus said:

Would Farke have signed a new contract if he thought Webber was leaving

Yes. In German football it's not an unusual situation to change DOF. Farke wouldn't expect it to make his position any different.

22 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's a good job that he still has a year left and he's said he would not leave early as I can see parallels (although on a bigger scale) between the financial problems at Barcelona and the financial problem we were in when he came here. Webber has a reputation of turning those issues around and in football reputations mean a lot.

Barcelona aren't in "financial difficulty" they just lost revenue last season due to Covid which has impacted on their FFP. That means that they have to find clubs for players they don't want AND make money in doing so, to provide funds under FFP for them to use to sign players.

It's a case of the chickens coming home to roost. Should they return to the money they were making before, it'll just be a blip. They also have a pretty established academy and like Real Madrid, tend to sell many of their youngsters to help generate profit - just like Buendia.

I suspect that it'd more likely be a team like Valencia etc that he goes to, to help genuinely transform.

1 minute ago, chicken said:

Barcelona aren't in "financial difficulty" they just lost revenue last season due to Covid which has impacted on their FFP. That means that they have to find clubs for players they don't want AND make money in doing so, to provide funds under FFP for them to use to sign players.

It's a case of the chickens coming home to roost. Should they return to the money they were making before, it'll just be a blip. They also have a pretty established academy and like Real Madrid, tend to sell many of their youngsters to help generate profit - just like Buendia.

I suspect that it'd more likely be a team like Valencia etc that he goes to, to help genuinely transform.

The first 'F' in FFP is 'Financial'. 😀

19 minutes ago, chicken said:

I think Barcelona's financial situation is actually quite a lot worse than you are saying chicken. 

https://www.insider.com/fc-barcelona-financial-results-lionel-messi-loss-debt-2021-1

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I often wonder if our club will eventually have a custodian rather than owner and Webber would be ideal for that. I guess he could pursue other projects outside football and combine the two. Whatever I expect something totally radical for the future.

Cue Neppers Tom nonsense again....

I’d take that Webber suggestion any day. Would have every faith in him doing a good job.

6 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

They are a bunch of bulls**t clickbait merchants who know the sum total of eff all about football. Why anybody takes a word that they say seriously I have no idea.

Just quoting what they put