Mullet

We will never see Hugill in yellow again

He doesnt look like he fits with what we are trying to do, but he always has looked to give 100% for the club, some of this is needlessly harsh.  Hope he finds a good fit when he moves on and we can get a little of the money back too. 

• Like 1

Its a weird one this weekend. Normally you wouldnt throw in new signings, but some of our new signings must be more match ready than a lot of our players.

I agree we will see Hugill move on in the next few weeks, I agree he isn't good enough for the Premier, however anyone who thinks he's one of our worst players in recent years needs to go and give their head the thorough wobbling it deserves.

Edited by Ken Hairy

55 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Yeah mate, I'd be buzzing my tetteys off too barely playing for a team top of the league getting paid thousands a week. If he was really bothered he'd do more than be a comedian around the squad 🤫

Why make things up? Why do you say he's not bothered? What makes you think he's not more than a comedian around the squad? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Maybe we should start a sub-group of uninformed idiots then. I’m in.

@TIL 1010 one for you......

Oh my bad thought it said uniformed. 😂 

28 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Why make things up? Why do you say he's not bothered? What makes you think he's not more than a comedian around the squad? 

Make things up? Look at his face after we've won games and he's been unused. If it was me I'd be p155ed and doing everything I can to get on the pitch. Nah he'll just walk around laughing his head off joking around. And you can see he's not really rated as how many minutes pre seasons has he played? Admittedly we haven't had much of a pre season but seems he is nowhere near the top 3 strikers. 👀

13 hours ago, RobNewman'sblisteringpace said:

In Farke's words: "I don't just rate a player because of his minutes and his impact on the pitch. You don’t win a title or promotion just as 11 players. A leader in our dressing room and one of the main topics why we were promoted"

For Five million up I’d be up for motivating the team a being a leader! I looked after 120 engineers offshore!

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

For Five million up I’d be up for motivating the team a being a leader! I looked after 120 engineers offshore!

Im sure the player doesn't get the £5m! 

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

Make things up? Look at his face after we've won games and he's been unused. If it was me I'd be p155ed and doing everything I can to get on the pitch. Nah he'll just walk around laughing his head off joking around.

Wouldn't like to have you in my squad if you couldn't celebrate a win with the rest of the lads.

• Haha 1

He seems a good character and I think thats probably been quite important in the dressing room. He has scored a couple of important goals too. 

If he goes though, as seems increasingly inevitable then its with my best wishes but I don't think we will miss him. Even at championship level he never quite looked on the same level as the rest of the team and never really fitted in with how we play. Cannot fault his effort or commitment and perhaps its over eagerness given the limited minutes he's had on the pitch but has a tendency to just charge around fouling people. I was expecting a bit more when we signed him to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Wouldn't like to have you in my squad if you couldn't celebrate a win with the rest of the lads.

A wins a win. Would want to play some part of it personally. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

He seems a good character and I think thats probably been quite important in the dressing room. He has scored a couple of important goals too. 

If he goes though, as seems increasingly inevitable then its with my best wishes but I don't think we will miss him. Even at championship level he never quite looked on the same level as the rest of the team and never really fitted in with how we play. Cannot fault his effort or commitment and perhaps its over eagerness given the limited minutes he's had on the pitch but has a tendency to just charge around fouling people. I was expecting a bit more when we signed him to be honest. 

I agree with Jim on this occasion. And you'd have to say the club does too. 

The mood music coming out Carrow Road this summer (via Archant) is that he's not expected to be here come the end of the window. 

I liked him ... a bit of a character, it seems.

Jordan Hugill.jpg

Does he do stand-up as well?

I've always said with Hugill that you get 'what it says on the tin.'

The fact that it said B & Q own brand gloss and not Dulux Extra was hardly his fault, he did his best.

I could never understand the thinking behind Spam spending so much on the player, but understood why Farke thought him a good option, especially after his loan spell at QPR.

Well I always rated Srberny as a decent squad player.

Loads of people ridiculed him, including the Slowbottom Park jibes.

For me he is a far better footballer than Hugill.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Dennis was quite useful towards the end (awful at first though.)  He improved a lot .... and, I feel, was the equal+ of Hugill. Better ball skills, for sure.

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Make things up? Look at his face after we've won games and he's been unused. If it was me I'd be p155ed and doing everything I can to get on the pitch. Nah he'll just walk around laughing his head off joking around. And you can see he's not really rated as how many minutes pre seasons has he played? Admittedly we haven't had much of a pre season but seems he is nowhere near the top 3 strikers. 👀

I suspect you are a million miles from being a professional footballer. You demonstrate that you are a million miles from knowing anything about football. Hugill came in and did what he was asked to do, that is be our second or third choice striker in the Chumps. Now we are in the Prem we need an upgrade, but that is no reflection on Hugill who is a professional footballer - which makes him better and more committed than you can ever imagine.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BigFish said:

I suspect you are a million miles from being a professional footballer. You demonstrate that you are a million miles from knowing anything about football. Hugill came in and did what he was asked to do, that is be our second or third choice striker in the Chumps. Now we are in the Prem we need an upgrade, but that is no reflection on Hugill who is a professional footballer - which makes him better and more committed than you can ever imagine.

Alright chill your beans. F..k me people are so wet and touchy on this forum. I wont bother putting my opinion on here anymore.

34 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I agree that Srbeny was (and still is) a better footballer than Hugill.

Just skipped to last page of this post couldn't believe the bile posted about Jordan.

Hasn't gone yet at least not an article on Pink Un.

OK Hugill looked limited in abilities in the very few minutes he appeared.  But he is an experienced striker not PL class but we have limited options in that area and may need that 4th striker.  What do the haters suggest we go without Hugill, we needed to use inexperienced strikers due to injury last season and that didn't work out well.

Keep Hugill as we may well back in his stomping ground soon.  

16 hours ago, Mullet said:

Some of us last season said he offered nothing, some of you argued that his scoring stats were actually pretty good. Some of you said he is good for the dressing room (please refer to Roy Keane's appraisal of a part fit Jordan Henderson being included in the England Euro's squad because he is good for the dressing room).

I said during last season give Hugill to the Binners on a free and that he would not be with us next season and I was ridiculed like the village idiot.

He was a mistake, some us knew it, we will never see Hugill in Yellow again

If you are using Roy Keane ‘s appraisal to justify anything you haven’t got a leg to stand on. The man is a serial failure at management level.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Commonsense said:

If you are using Roy Keane ‘s appraisal to justify anything you haven’t got a leg to stand on. The man is a serial failure at management level.

World class footballer and a born winner. Some can't take his no bullsh!t manner and blunt honesty because their ego won't allow it but I would play for him any day. 

9 hours ago, Mullet said:

World class footballer and a born winner. Some can't take his no bullsh!t manner and blunt honesty because their ego won't allow it but I would play for him any day. 

He's a Bully and a coward, stroppy  self centred pr1ck who thinks  football is ' War'. No tactical nous, no man management skills. 

What's the gameplay Roy?... " get stuck in, let em know you're there,  run around like your life depends on it. If not as good as opposition player, wreck his career with a lunging knee high tackle "  

Yep, so much to admire.

12 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

He's a Bully and a coward, stroppy  self centred pr1ck who thinks  football is ' War'. No tactical nous, no man management skills. 

What's the gameplay Roy?... " get stuck in, let em know you're there,  run around like your life depends on it. If not as good as opposition player, wreck his career with a lunging knee high tackle "  

Yep, so much to admire.

Considering all that you say, he got Sunderland to the Premier league and was very successful with the Republic of Ireland. You don't achieve those things without knowing what you're doing and of course was a brilliant footballer to whom losing wasn't an option. I can't remember him wrecking anybody's career.

He is not for the faint hearted but any team would have achieved more with him in it

Just now, Mullet said:

Considering all that you say, he got Sunderland to the Premier league and was very successful with the Republic of Ireland. You don't achieve those things without knowing what you're doing and of course was a brilliant footballer to whom losing wasn't an option. I can't remember him wrecking anybody's career.

He is not for the faint hearted but any team would have achieved more with him in it

Haaland?

He was Martin O Neils assistant and one of the reasonss Declan Rice opted for England.... they were not a success..

Sunderland are still trying to recover from Roys massive spend to get them promoted. He spent 100 million plus wages.....on less than spectacular players, hence their subsequent demise.

Thought he could bully Jonathan Walters, silly boy, he couldnt . Walters said ,'cmon then'....Roy backed down.

9 minutes ago, Mullet said:

I suspect Alf-Inge Haaland might disagree.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'We will never see Hugill again'

Ah ha! Todays training video showed him in the yellow and green training kit training with the rest of the lads

What now OP you fraud? 😉

Surely not I can't believe this, Pukki, Idah, Sargant and Mylene Klass must all be injured or isolating. You know what the problem is Norwich are trying to recoup their £5 million and the best offer so far is £2.50. Someone will feel desperate toward the end of August with 3 straight loses and panic buy like Webber did 

Edited by Mullet

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'We will never see Hugill again'

Ah ha! Todays training video showed him in the yellow and green training kit training with the rest of the lads

What now OP you fraud? 😉

I'm not so sure.

He seemed a bit downbeat in that training video, ie. not his normal outgoing self.

Hands in bib, nothing at all to say, hardly a smile.

Almost as if he was aware that the end was likely and that his existence in the Colney environment was coming to and end.

Perhaps he had a hangover, though.

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I'm not so sure.

He seemed a bit downbeat in that training video, ie. not his normal outgoing self.

Hands in bib, nothing at all to say, hardly a smile.

Almost as if he was aware that the end was likely and that his existence in the Colney environment was coming to and end.

Perhaps he had a hangover, though.

Like all Pro's I imagine he wants to be playing regularly rather than a 2nd or 3rd option could even be down to 4th option now.

I stand by my post that he won't feature for us again he maybe needs to go to a lower chump side. He could always sign on as a secret agent and go to the paupers.