Mullet

We will never see Hugill in yellow again

1 hour ago, Bill said:

probably  the worst player for City I have seen in quite a while

as inept as Ulf Ullofsen and the Koroma chap

Hugill was brought in mainly as a plan B to our normal play but last season plan A worked 90% of the time. 

He's proven at championship level, with QPR and Preston, but would be better in a warnock team and style I think.

12 minutes ago, Steve White said:

Some very harsh comments on here, anyone who thinks he is one of the worst strikers in a City shirt hasn’t been supporting City long. He did a good job much as Wilbrahim did a few years ago but a step up to the PL is a step too far

no one actually has said that

posters have merely stated what is obvious....he is crap, because he is way out of his depth

as WHU, Boro and QPR fans consistently stated

watch what happens to him once we are rid of him, note how many clubs are currently clamouring to sign him

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

This could be displaying impressive self-awareness on the part of the OP, but I suspect in reality it’s just ironic.

No it was aimed at me. I am a self confessed uniformed Idiot making good use of this forum to declare I know everything about a subject I know nothing about

Edited by Mullet

I think Hugill performed the “Jordan Rhodes” better than Rhodes. Similar stats decent goals per minute ratio. 

if he moves on I hope he does well seemed to me he did what he was bought to do and we will likely get are money back on him as well. What is there to complain about.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

You must rate Goran Maric and Michael Theoklitos then if you are going back to Koroma. And they were inept when we were  in league one!

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

You could not get a more obvious statement that Hugill was sh it without putting it bluntly.

No praise for his play. only using him soaringly when there was no other choice

And if our promotion was done to some warm up man in the dressing room then it does not say much about Farke himself, the other coaches or the players.

I'm getting stick on here for being too harsh I'm glad you're my wing man Bill. Why mince words JH was £5million flushed down the Wensum. Nobody really believes "he was a leader in the dressing room" if he was giving me a motivational speech I would think who the "f" are you. Joking aside the club spunked a few million by mistake sh!t happens

40 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

This could be displaying impressive self-awareness on the part of the OP, but I suspect in reality it’s just ironic.

I'll stick up for Mullet on this one. He's definitely being self deprecating. He may have got his prediction about Soto hopelessly wrong, but he was big enough to come back here and admit it. (and he does so again every time I remind him of it 🙂 ). 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mullet said:

I think we've given Mylene Klass a squad number to guard against that

image.png.fae53f1b5da72ba54edc57663304b43e.png

Mylene making her way to speak to Neil Adams to discuss terms.................

@TIL 1010 will be out shortly!

I wasn't Hugill's biggest fan, but he definitely fulfilled an important role in our best ever season. In hindsight you may call him a waste of money, but he had some attributes that reminded me of Grant Holt.

Maybe with more opportunities he would have improved but we've ultimately moved on from his level and it's unlikely he could offer enough in the Premier League. He will be a good signing for a Championship club. 

17 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

image.png.fae53f1b5da72ba54edc57663304b43e.png

Mylene making her way to speak to Neil Adams to discuss terms.................

@TIL 1010 will be out shortly!

That lucky chap on the left behind her has got a semi. I wish I was that Thermos flask

Edited by Mullet

3 hours ago, Mullet said:

Some of us last season said he offered nothing, some of you argued that his scoring stats were actually pretty good. Some of you said he is good for the dressing room (please refer to Roy Keane's appraisal of a part fit Jordan Henderson being included in the England Euro's squad because he is good for the dressing room).

I said during last season give Hugill to the Binners on a free and that he would not be with us next season and I was ridiculed like the village idiot.

He was a mistake, some us knew it, we will never see Hugill in Yellow again

3 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Such a shame 🙄. Looked like he was here for a jolly up and not really bothered about playing.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Utter, utter **** from the board's purveyor of it.

He scored 4 goals in 679 minutes of football meaning a goal every 1.89 games.

His league goals came against Bristol City (2) which we won 2-0 and Rotherham which we won 2-1, making him responsible for 6 points. We won the league by those six points.

If you listen to any interviews of players about dressing room atmosphere, he's almost always mentioned. 

He's not going to be remembered in the same vein as Teemu Pukki, Grant Holt, etc, but his impact on the side is undeniable and the above comments are utterly wrong on so many levels. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

I’m really confused now. I’d genuinely assumed TY is Bill and Bill is TY

Totally different opinions there so you either have it wrong or Bill is clever

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Don't understand how people can be so harsh about a player who had loads of desire, contributed to our best ever season as part of the squad and in matches and was plainly well liked and appreciated in the dressing room. People forget he didn't get much chance of a run of games to get his form up to where he was at his best, yet he was still one of those 110 percenters who always give their utmost to the cause. So he isn't the player we had hoped, but he still deserves our thanks and hopes that he does well wherever he goes next. 

This. I do not rate Hugill - at all - and think his purchase was a mistake, as he entirely does not fit our style (and it was blatantly obvious he wouldn't). However, he always did his best, you could tell he gave everything and despite his limitations, he definitely made a positive contribution to our season (I'd argue a player that was a better fit for our style would have contributed more, however, no denying he did contribute). Thanks for your effort, good luck in your next move.

9 hours ago, Bill said:

important goals !

one that bounced off his chest and another a penalty

he was out of his depth at WHU - 20 mins as  3 subs, regarded as best a Ntional league player at Boro, and after a brief purple patch at QPR became a liability

he doesn't 'fit our tactics' because he is not above LI standard - watch where he ends up once we are rid of him

Why speak of a great guy like Jordan Hugilll in these terms?  What do you get out of it? Genuinely, I worry about your mentality and mindset. Why exaggerate like this to decry such a good and decent person who was a joy to have at the club and who the players love? Just, why? 

I really do hope that you Fans that criticise our players have played 400 games at a good level at weekends. i wonder whether some of you have actually crossed a white line, and kicked a ball

10 hours ago, Bill said:

important goals !

one that bounced off his chest and another a penalty

he was out of his depth at WHU - 20 mins as  3 subs, regarded as best a Ntional league player at Boro, and after a brief purple patch at QPR became a liability

he doesn't 'fit our tactics' because he is not above LI standard - watch where he ends up once we are rid of him

Youre a f*cking liability to society Bill. 

• Like 1

There's always room for a reasonable, if not great player who's an excellent character in the dressing room. If your dressing room isn't happy, then you can forget all the talent you have, the players just won't perform to the best of their ability. There's a reason why you never have a team with eleven players with that Roy Keane mentality - the team would literally tear itself apart.

Played in a five-a-side team like that - every last one of us from me in goal to our striker were either ex-Academy prospects who didn't make it (four of them) or just hyper-competitive little bastards (the other three). We lasted about fifteen months. And I think we only lost about five games in that time - we'd just get on each other's backs.

Don't get me wrong, when we clicked - it purred. Won one game 33-2 and some of the attacking stuff was some of the best football I'd ever seen on a pitch, even if it were fives. But we were always one incident away from a big blow up.

Lads like Hugill are ones a team can rally around, even if he's not necessarily a top performer in there.

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

If you listen to any interviews of players about dressing room atmosphere, he's almost always mentioned. 

Yeah mate, I'd be buzzing my tetteys off too barely playing for a team top of the league getting paid thousands a week. If he was really bothered he'd do more than be a comedian around the squad 🤫

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

Yeah mate, I'd be buzzing my tetteys off too barely playing for a team top of the league getting paid thousands a week. If he was really bothered he'd do more than be a comedian around the squad 🤫

Hugill is one of those players who always does his best - and always tries to improve.  Talking in disparaging terms about someone who is doing that is not to appreciate qualities that we should all be able to admire. 

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Hugill is one of those players who always does his best - and always tries to improve.  Talking in disparaging terms about someone who is doing that is not to appreciate qualities that we should all be able to admire. 

Hugill is also one of them players who doesn't fit our style of play. Personal opinion.

10 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Hugill is also one of them players who doesn't fit our style of play. Personal opinion.

Fine, no problem with that, but no need for the disparaging remarks about him.

Just now, lake district canary said:

Fine, no problem with that, but no need for the disparaging remarks about him.

Again, all personal opinions. No need to get on your high horse 🐎

10 hours ago, Mullet said:

No it was aimed at me. I am a self confessed uniformed Idiot making good use of this forum to declare I know everything about a subject I know nothing about

Maybe we should start a sub-group of uninformed idiots then. I’m in.

Hugill certainly played his part, albeit a bit part player, but was always going to be that way. Am I sad that he is leaving, not especially, but he played his part in getting us where we need to be and wish him the best. To echo what has been written about him numerous times, seemed a good character to have around and we know how much Norwich value off field contributions as well as on the field.

Edited by jaberry2

Well we get 9 subs at the weekend and aren't exactly at 100% squad fitness so I suspect this prediction may be wrong...

Hugill is a decent shout off the bench late on vs a frustrated Liverpool to come on and annoy a few tired defenders and then have one bounce in off his **** anyway