Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Random covid checks announced at EPL matches.

31 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

See my post above – discussed this with Greg Pillinger at the club on Tuesday, and the EPL have really messed the clubs around. Surely it would have been better to err on the side of caution and insist on measures such as these weeks ago?

Absolutely, it really does sound like the EPL have messed the clubs around big-time. 

like you say, these sorts of measures should’ve been put in place a couple of months back, it’s always easier to relax things than tighten things up. 

poor from the EPL

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Nope. I have followed up, but no response. Following my conversations with Greg on Tuesday, I would suggest that the club still believes its most recent annoucement from Monday holds sway: https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/august/fan-information-norwich-city-liverpool/. If there's any change to that, I'm sure they'll let us know.

I thought I read last night, the club had updated its supporter statement. Basically, no checks for the Liverpool match, but thereafter, there very well likely will be proof of vaccination or negative tests required. 

2 minutes ago, CanaryNath said:

I thought I read last night, the club had updated its supporter statement. Basically, no checks for the Liverpool match, but thereafter, there very well likely will be proof of vaccination or negative tests required. 

Good spot! It says:

"There will be no COVID-19 checks in place on entry to Carrow Road for the Liverpool fixture, however supporters are asked to continue following the ongoing government guidance."

I think it's pretty safe to say at this stage that this won't be changing, although I'd expect big changes for subsequent home matches.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Nope. I have followed up, but no response. Following my conversations with Greg on Tuesday, I would suggest that the club still believes its most recent annoucement from Monday holds sway: https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/august/fan-information-norwich-city-liverpool/. If there's any change to that, I'm sure they'll let us know.

So confusion still reigns. 

The EPL are over NCFC, so I would fully expect NCFC to apply the EPL guidelines which were issued after the NCFC statement. 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

So confusion still reigns. 

The EPL are over NCFC, so I would fully expect NCFC to apply the EPL guidelines which were issued after the NCFC statement. 

The EPL guidelines are guidelines rather than edicts. Based on my conversation with Greg, I would be very surprised if the EPL turned round and tried to enforce this at the 11th hour, it would be absolute chaos. Fingers crossed that common sense prevails...

But that isnt how the EPL present it. 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2207988

Proof of COVID-19 status

Fans should not attend Premier League matches if there is any risk they can pass on COVID-19.

From the start of the 2021/22 season, match-going fans should be prepared to show they have been fully vaccinated or have received a negative lateral flow test in the previous 48 hours.

Fans will be able to do this by obtaining their National Health Service COVID pass through the NHS app or website link.

Supporters should consult their club’s website for information regarding junior fans attending matches.

Lateral flow tests are available free from local NHS providers and some pharmacies. They can also be ordered online here.

Your matchday routine is going to be a bit different to normal and the Premier League is working with clubs to introduce COVID-19 status checks in a staged way so there is the least disruption and maximum safety possible.

So what are the consequences if when asked to "show me your papers" a spectator cannot ?......welcome to the Police State . Remember the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission.  Just see what's currently happening in France where customers sitting (outside) in a cafe are being asked for proof of vaccination or negative test by Police.

5 minutes ago, MORDENCANARY said:

So what are the consequences if when asked to "show me your papers" a spectator cannot ?......welcome to the Police State . Remember the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission.  Just see what's currently happening in France where customers sitting (outside) in a cafe are being asked for proof of vaccination or negative test by Police.

Yes, it is absolutely a feature of all police states that they monitor rules and regulations aimed at limiting the spread of killer diseases.

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But that isnt how the EPL present it. 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2207988

Proof of COVID-19 status

Fans should not attend Premier League matches if there is any risk they can pass on COVID-19.

From the start of the 2021/22 season, match-going fans should be prepared to show they have been fully vaccinated or have received a negative lateral flow test in the previous 48 hours.

Fans will be able to do this by obtaining their National Health Service COVID pass through the NHS app or website link.

Supporters should consult their club’s website for information regarding junior fans attending matches.

Lateral flow tests are available free from local NHS providers and some pharmacies. They can also be ordered online here.

Your matchday routine is going to be a bit different to normal and the Premier League is working with clubs to introduce COVID-19 status checks in a staged way so there is the least disruption and maximum safety possible.

There's no edict in there. "Fans should be prepared to show..." and "the Premier League is working with clubs to introduce" is not definitive.

As I said, based on my conversation with Greg where he outlined the nature of the discussions that had already taken place between clubs and the EPL, I know that NCFC and several other clubs have pushed back very strongly against putting measures in place for this Saturday, as it would be utter bedlam - stewards and turnstile staff haven't been trained for it, the match is live on Sky, there would be all manner of disorder outside the ground... if the EPL do turn around and turn this into an edict with less than 36 hours' notice (Brentford v Arsenal takes place tomorrow night and they would have exactly the same issues), it would have catastrophic consequences for the clubs involved.

I believe that the testing will be introduced for the Leicester game and beyond, but not for Saturday. I appreciate this isn't gospel, and god only knows what the EPL have said to the clubs since I spoke to Greg on Tuesday evening, but from my understanding of the situation I think it's fair to assume the club's statement stands (for now, at least).

29 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Good spot! It says:

"There will be no COVID-19 checks in place on entry to Carrow Road for the Liverpool fixture, however supporters are asked to continue following the ongoing government guidance."

I think it's pretty safe to say at this stage that this won't be changing, although I'd expect big changes for subsequent home matches.

Thanks both.

The position is clear for the Liverpool game. I'll worry the next one when the time comes.

It isn't that difficult.

There are official Premier League guidelines, which the club is aware of.

The club has chosen not to enforce them for Liverpool, but will subsequently, to allow fans a fair chance to get their status and documentation in order. 

It really doesn't take a rocket scientist or a pointless spat to work that out.

• Like 1

Im going to agree to disagree Woolfie, 

Whilst you have had the benefit of a personal conversation with the club, the vast majority of the fanbase havent had that luxury. Appreciate you sharing the detail of your conversation, but with due respect we cannot go into the ground with what someone from the internet has said! It needs to be official, one way or the other. 

The club says no tests, so they cannot ask you to provide proof of negative test or vaccine, even if the EPL guidance say to be prepared to do so. 

As i said before the Gillingham match that was a good place to test any requirements that may / may not be needed. 

Oh and didnt we have some pilot events, so we already have various testing methods with supporting trained staff in place? 

Something certainly isnt joined up here. But is the safety of the fans that should be paramount, not the getting the game on at any cost fixation that the EPL seem to have had from the start. 

"Two days before the start of the season and some of those ST holders sat near the dugout have been told they need to move as the Premier League has told the club they need to create a buffer zone."

Doesn't Commander Tilly sit near the dugouts?.......

It's perfectly clear to us fans what the situation is for the Liverpool match, not sure why people are getting confused, the club have released information, that's the information to act on.

What happens afterwards is of course clear as mud right now.

5 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

It isn't that difficult.

There are official Premier League guidelines, which the club is aware of.

The club has chosen not to enforce them for Liverpool, but will subsequently, to allow fans a fair chance to get their status and documentation in order. 

It really doesn't take a rocket scientist or a pointless spat to work that out.

Dont you have anything positive or constructive  to add? 

No spat here - its a conversation, with differing opinions, but thanks for adding nothing to the conversation, Again! Must be school holidays! 

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It's perfectly clear to us fans what the situation is for the Liverpool match, not sure why people are getting confused, the club have released information, that's the information to act on.

What happens afterwards is of course clear as mud right now.

The problem I have Hoggy, is the club issued their statement / guidelines before the EPL issued theirs which was stating something different required. 

So is the virus going to be less transmissible post the Liverpool game? 

I agree its all very lastminute.com, but that doesnt alter the requirements / scenarios, and just shows the continued incompetence of the football authorities.  

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

The problem I have Hoggy, is the club issued their statement / guidelines before the EPL issued theirs which was stating something different required. 

So is the virus going to be less transmissible post the Liverpool game? 

I agree its all very lastminute.com, but that doesnt alter the requirements / scenarios, and just shows the continued incompetence of the football authorities.  

Yes, but the club has re-posted the statement and confirmed it over social platforms etc haven't they?

I'm not saying what the right decision is, all i'm saying is people shouldn't be confused because the club has outlined what it's doing for the next fixture.

15 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Im going to agree to disagree Woolfie, 

Whilst you have had the benefit of a personal conversation with the club, the vast majority of the fanbase havent had that luxury. Appreciate you sharing the detail of your conversation, but with due respect we cannot go into the ground with what someone from the internet has said! It needs to be official, one way or the other. 

The club says no tests, so they cannot ask you to provide proof of negative test or vaccine, even if the EPL guidance say to be prepared to do so. 

As i said before the Gillingham match that was a good place to test any requirements that may / may not be needed. 

Oh and didnt we have some pilot events, so we already have various testing methods with supporting trained staff in place? 

Something certainly isnt joined up here. But is the safety of the fans that should be paramount, not the getting the game on at any cost fixation that the EPL seem to have had from the start. 

I totally accept that, and as I said yesterday morning the club are as exasperated as we are about it. Everything I have said is accurate as of Tuesday night, and I did check clearly with Greg what information I was allowed to share on here. Let's hope something comes through the club's official channels pretty soon!

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Yes, but the club has re-posted the statement and confirmed it over social platforms etc haven't they?

I'm not saying what the right decision is, all i'm saying is people shouldn't be confused because the club has outlined what it's doing for the next fixture.

I have seen anything  - but that doesn't mean they havent of course. 

I was basing my comments on Woolfies comments that the club are liaising with the EPL, and would expect something it be issued following that.  

Im double jabbed, and have the NHS app so can prove quickly. My son due to his age has only had the first jab, but I have suggested he has a flow test result prepared just in case. He also has a new ST due to an change in circumstances, which on past history wont work first time, so with that to factor in too - what could possibly go wrong! 

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I totally accept that, and as I said yesterday morning the club are as exasperated as we are about it. Everything I have said is accurate as of Tuesday night, and I did check clearly with Greg what information I was allowed to share on here. Let's hope something comes through the club's official channels pretty soon!

Thanks Woolfie - Nothing against you personally. As previously discussed comms from the club are pretty poor atm, and they shouldnt he using you / an independent forum to get info out to their fans. That said it is appreciated and better than nothing. Something official would knock alot of this uncertainty on the head. 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Thanks Woolfie - Nothing against you personally. As previously discussed comms from the club are pretty poor atm, and they shouldnt he using you / an independent forum to get info out to their fans. That said it is appreciated and better than nothing. Something official would knock alot of this uncertainty on the head. 

No worries, it's all fair conversation!

The club did put something official out on Monday.

Then, on Tuesday, the EPL issued a contradictory statement with no prior warning, which caught the clubs out and confused the fans. I know there was a meeting scheduled between the EPL and the clubs at 11am yesterday. I did ask Greg and Caroline why the club didn't put out a holding statement to the fans, and the reasoning was that it didn't make sense to make another 'official' statement when the EPL had not yet clarified the situation. It was their intention to issue another statement when they had clarity; one can only assume that talks are still ongoing.

As I said previously, though, if anything had come to light that rendered the club's previous statement manifestly wrong, or they had been told that things had to change, they would've communicated accordingly. That's why I'm saying that we should listen to the club's very specific communications about the match at Carrow Road on Saturday, rather than to blanket comms from the EPL about the testing/checking plans going forward.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

"Two days before the start of the season and some of those ST holders sat near the dugout have been told they need to move as the Premier League has told the club they need to create a buffer zone."

Doesn't Commander Tilly sit near the dugouts?.......

Commander Tilly took advantage of the concession price reduction from the centre ( no concession ) seats a couple of seasons back and shuffled about six seats across the other side of a gangway and saved £220.

As a coffin dodger every little helps Mello.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Commander Tilly took advantage of the concession price reduction from the centre ( no concession ) seats a couple of seasons back and shuffled about six seats across the other side of a gangway and saved £220.

Guess that saving can put towards your care home Tilly? 😉 

As long as every NCFC fan and not just the minority of which we are that post on here, but also the cyber fearing gammon's must also ensure they have access or are in possession of technology that allows them to read and respond to club social platforms and emails etc.....If you ain't online you shouldn't be supporting NCFC.....That'll learn you for not being hip with the rest of the social media cats.....

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Good skills sir..... 

Must admit I haven't been paying much attention to any latest developments. For the Leicester game are we required to bring proof of vaccination or a negative (laugh laugh) LFT?