Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Random covid checks announced at EPL matches.

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

As daft as that sounds - you only need the number / QR code from test to disclose to the NHS / .GOV website. You dont actually need to send proof youve done the test, let alone the result. Its all a bit of a farce to me, but not sure of the other, more secure options with home tests. 

This is spot on, I realised it after doing a test to go to Trent Bridge. You don't even need to take the test, you just need the serial number on the test and then you tick the box to say that you had a negative result. Its total nonsense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beefy is a legend said:

This is spot on, I realised it after doing a test to go to Trent Bridge. You don't even need to take the test, you just need the serial number on the test and then you tick the box to say that you had a negative result. Its total nonsense.

On the flip side you could register it as positive and get 10 days off work..... 😁

7 hours ago, Greavsy said:

The system is easily, erm let say, manipulated. 

And the point of that is?

Was a film extra in London last Sunday over 800 extras and film crew tested on previous day and had to be negative to enter filming area

Very Very secure

Felt safe under those circumstances but 26000 in CR no thanks

4 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

And the point of that is?

Manipulating a test? 

if you have a positive test but no symptoms,  and have paid to see Liverpool (as an example) its easy to report the test was  negative and pass the tests at the ground. You dont even have to do a test, just the number / QR code on the test is required to register  any result. 

You are just relying on peoples integrity, and looking at some on this board, that;s a worry!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daly said:

Was a film extra in London last Sunday over 800 extras and film crew tested on previous day and had to be negative to enter filming area

Very Very secure

Felt safe under those circumstances but 26000 in CR no thanks

Shaun of the Dead 2?

I do one of these tests every Wednesday. It's true that you only send the barcode and result to NHS Covid 19 but I have to show the negative test and number to get into the care home. 

The test is worthwhile even if I'm not going there. Of course it does nothing to stop me getting covid but it does reduce the chances of me spreading covid.

How selfish would you have to be to falsify the results and put so many in danger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I do one of these tests every Wednesday. It's true that you only send the barcode and result to NHS Covid 19 but I have to show the negative test and number to get into the care home. 

The test is worthwhile even if I'm not going there. Of course it does nothing to stop me getting covid but it does reduce the chances of me spreading covid.

How selfish would you have to be to falsify the results and put so many in danger.

Exactly Eddie -

I wasn't suggesting anyone would falsify a test, just they could not actually do a test, but use the number  / QR code to report a negative one. 

Are you saying you have to show the physical test itself as well as the email / NHS notifaction of a negative test to gain entrance to the care home? 

Season ticket holders have only until Friday to decide whether or not to defer for a year, and one important factor in that decision - what will the health safety protocols be at Carrow Road - is still unknown.

So they have tests in the reception. You can do one at the door but you then have to wait 30 mins before it shows the result. You could take a test kit from reception back to your car and do it there. Or what we do now is do one in the morning before we leave home and take it with us. I like to do it first thing because you shouldn't eat or drink for 30 mins before you take one. At reception they check the result and the code is entered on the paperwork we have to fill in. It's then a temperature check, I'm always 36.2, if all is good we go in. We notify NHS Covid 19 of the test results and code. Don't have to but always do. They will always send more test kits and they arrive the next day.

The test is a bit uncomfortable but we do one every Wednesday morning regardless. Of course I could pick something up between Wednesdays  but I am more confident out and about with some knowledge that I won't infect others.

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So they have tests in the reception. You can do one at the door but you then have to wait 30 mins before it shows the result. You could take a test kit from reception back to your car and do it there. Or what we do now is do one in the morning before we leave home and take it with us. I like to do it first thing because you shouldn't eat or drink for 30 mins before you take one. At reception they check the result and the code is entered on the paperwork we have to fill in. It's then a temperature check, I'm always 36.2, if all is good we go in. We notify NHS Covid 19 of the test results and code. Don't have to but always do. They will always send more test kits and they arrive the next day.

The test is a bit uncomfortable but we do one every Wednesday morning regardless. Of course I could pick something up between Wednesdays  but I am more confident out and about with some knowledge that I won't infect others.

Thanks for clarifying Eddie. That seems like a good process, and as you say protects others. you can only hope that others are doing like wise to protect you. 

I think its a requirement of doing a test that ALL results are fed back to the NHS, irrespective of the outcome. 

Edited by Greavsy

Hi folks, sorry for the slow reply on this. @Lessingham Canary and I did speak with the club last night (Greg Pillinger, Head of Operations & Projects), and suffice to say that the EPL's statement from yesterday came as a bit of a surprise to many PL clubs.

The clubs are meeting online with the EPL later this morning to discuss the situation further, and as such NCFC are reluctant to put out a statement until the situation is resolved either way. The EPL's recommendations from yesterday's statement are not perceived as mandatory, though, so as things currently stand the club are not planning to implement any additional Covid-19 protocols (vaccine passports, ID checks etc) for the Liverpool game.

Greg was at pains to point out, though, that the situation is still in flux, hence the lack of official club statement.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hi folks, sorry for the slow reply on this. @Lessingham Canary and I did speak with the club last night (Greg Pillinger, Head of Operations & Projects), and suffice to say that the EPL's statement from yesterday came as a bit of a surprise to many PL clubs.

The clubs are meeting online with the EPL later this morning to discuss the situation further, and as such NCFC are reluctant to put out a statement until the situation is resolved either way. The EPL's recommendations from yesterday's statement are not perceived as mandatory, though, so as things currently stand the club are not planning to implement any additional Covid-19 protocols (vaccine passports, ID checks etc) for the Liverpool game.

Greg was at pains to point out, though, that the situation is still in flux, hence the lack of official club statement.

Thanks for the update wooflie. 

Appreciate the clubs position, but thats still as clear as mud. 

Hopefully a further update later today, following this mornings meeting....... 🤞 

Edited by Greavsy

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Thanks for the update wooflie. 

Appreciate the clubs position, but thats still as clear as mud. 

Hopefully a further update later today, following thiss mornings meeting....... 🤞 

Believe me, the club are exasperated about the situation. Greg outlined a lot of the variables that would need to be considered if any kind of additional testing/screening were to be implemented, and it's simply not feasible for it to be rolled out at such short notice.

The additional time it would take to get people in; to communicate exact requirements to all fans attending (especially those without internet access and/or no prior experience of using LFTs or vaccine passports); training the stewards/turnstile staff accordingly (vaccine passports, QR codes, photo ID); the propensity of the majority of fans to turn up close to kick-off irrespective of any guidance given to show up early; needing to get everyone in on time due to the match being live on Sky; the likelihood of people being a little more excitable and rowdy than usual due to the 18-month lay-off (not to mention the later kick-off meaning longer in the pub for a lot of people)... it's madness to expect that all to be factored in and dealt with at such short notice.

The hope and expectation is that the EFL will realise this simply isn't feasible, and allow clubs to proceed with their own preconceived plans – for this round of fixtures, at least. What happens after this weekend is anyone's guess.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Believe me, the club are exasperated about the situation. Greg outlined a lot of the variables that would need to be considered if any kind of additional testing/screening were to be implemented, and it's simply not feasible for it to be rolled out at such short notice.

The additional time it would take to get people in; to communicate exact requirements to all fans attending (especially those without internet access and/or no prior experience of using LFTs or vaccine passports); training the stewards/turnstile staff accordingly (vaccine passports, QR codes, photo ID); the propensity of the majority of fans to turn up close to kick-off irrespective of any guidance given to show up early; needing to get everyone in on time due to the match being live on Sky; the likelihood of people being a little more excitable and rowdy than usual due to the 18-month lay-off (not to mention the later kick-off meaning longer in the pub for a lot of people)... it's madness to expect that all to be factored in and dealt with at such short notice.

The hope and expectation is that the EFL will realise this simply isn't feasible, and allow clubs to proceed with their own preconceived plans – for this round of fixtures, at least. What happens after this weekend is anyone's guess.

No blame to the club totally agree, but it's not like covid and it's impact is new..... 

Just looks like total incompetence from the EPL, and it's the fans who will suffer. 

As I said before, the Gillingham game was an ideal opportunity to test any new requirements before a televised full house EPL match. 

I repeat though, this isn't the clubs fault in any way. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Indeed. There is an international break after the first three rounds of matches. That might provide the time for a definite and clearcut policy to be worked out for all clubs.

15 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Manipulating a test? 

if you have a positive test but no symptoms,  and have paid to see Liverpool (as an example) its easy to report the test was  negative and pass the tests at the ground. You dont even have to do a test, just the number / QR code on the test is required to register  any result. 

You are just relying on peoples integrity, and looking at some on this board, that;s a worry!  

They could try something like this:

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/chaos-on-challenge-tour-after-false-negative-coronavirus-test

The consequences of providing a false negative test can be absolutely huge.

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Indeed. There is an international break after the first three rounds of matches. That might provide the time for a definite and clearcut policy to be worked out for all clubs.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's sooner than that. I think there's a lot of concern at Public Health England/governmental level about the possibility of the NHS being overrun again this winter, whether due to a new wave of coronavirus, or a flu/norovirus epidemic (this article, for example: https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/covid-government-draws-up-contingency-plans-firebreak-lockdowns-over-winter-1140135)

As such, it'd make sense for the EPL to have its ducks in a row, and as much data as possible to make the case for stadia remaining open in that eventuality. The sooner they can show that clubs are on the ball, so to speak, the lower the chance of stadia having to reduce capacity or even close entirely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's sooner than that. I think there's a lot of concern at Public Health England/governmental level about the possibility of the NHS being overrun again this winter, whether due to a new wave of coronavirus, or a flu/norovirus epidemic (this article, for example: https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/covid-government-draws-up-contingency-plans-firebreak-lockdowns-over-winter-1140135)

As such, it'd make sense for the EPL to have its ducks in a row, and as much data as possible to make the case for stadia remaining open in that eventuality. The sooner they can show that clubs are on the ball, so to speak, the lower the chance of stadia having to reduce capacity or even close entirely.

I would hope it is sooner. Even so, I would say the chances of clubs being able to have full capacity for the .whole of the season are less than 50:50.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Season ticket holders have only until Friday to decide whether or not to defer for a year, and one important factor in that decision - what will the health safety protocols be at Carrow Road - is still unknown.

Yeah, I think that's pretty important. I'm young(ish) and desperate to go back to football, so I will be going to Liverpool. But looking further ahead, I was quite happy with the concept of everyone at the ground being double-jabbed. I'm not yet, and would accept having to miss a couple of fixtures until I was, as for me that seems the safest solution.

18 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

Shaun of the Dead 2?

No Embankment with Kristin Scott Thomas and Gary Oldman

5 hours ago, Greavsy said:

No blame to the club totally agree, but it's not like covid and it's impact is new..... 

Just looks like total incompetence from the EPL, and it's the fans who will suffer. 

As I said before, the Gillingham game was an ideal opportunity to test any new requirements before a televised full house EPL match. 

I repeat though, this isn't the clubs fault in any way.

No aimed at yourself Greavsy but I'm not sure I totally agree with this, unless I have something wrong.
Isn't it the clubs own decision to decide the deferral and cancellation (i.e. refund) dates?

A few weeks longer would give us the chance to see how things worked with the 'less vulnerable' shall we say going to games and the rest of us could make a much more informed decision. Any refund/deferral could be pro-rata.
As it is we're having to make a decision when the club are themselves seeking leniency.

That said, I don't want to berate the club because the free iFollow last year was very much appreciated.

Just now, scoop said:

No aimed at yourself Greavsy but I'm not sure I totally agree with this, unless I have something wrong.
Isn't it the clubs own decision to decide the deferral and cancellation (i.e. refund) dates?

A few weeks longer would give us the chance to see how things worked with the 'less vulnerable' shall we say going to games and the rest of us could make a much more informed decision. Any refund/deferral could be pro-rata.
As it is we're having to make a decision when the club are themselves seeking leniency.

That said, I don't want to berate the club because the free iFollow last year was very much appreciated.

Yes, it is up to the club and I have made the point that it is hard to decide when nothing is settled on protocols etc. But i suspect the club wants a bureaucratically simple all or nothing system. An alternative to delaying the decision would be to offer a half-season deferral so fans could think again in December/January, but again that would be more complicated than what has been announced.

Two days before the start of the season and some of those ST holders sat near the dugout have been told they need to move as the Premier League has told the club they need to create a buffer zone.

3 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

Two days before the start of the season and some of those ST holders sat near the dugout have been told they need to move as the Premier League has told the club they need to create a buffer zone.

The increase in substitutes wont help that either! 

5 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

Bloody hell. Not cool - surely something that should / could have been raised a while ago. 

1 minute ago, CanaryNath said:

Bloody hell. Not cool - surely something that should / could have been raised a while ago. 

See my post above – discussed this with Greg Pillinger at the club on Tuesday, and the EPL have really messed the clubs around. Surely it would have been better to err on the side of caution and insist on measures such as these weeks ago?

14 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

And still nothing from the club on requirements for entry to the ground? 

Nope. I have followed up, but no response. Following my conversations with Greg on Tuesday, I would suggest that the club still believes its most recent annoucement from Monday holds sway: https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/august/fan-information-norwich-city-liverpool/. If there's any change to that, I'm sure they'll let us know.