Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Random covid checks announced at EPL matches.

@Feedthewolf@Lessingham Canary @ncfcstar

Referring back to comms from the club, and whilst I appreciate this has only recently been announced, this is contrary to the latest club announcement. 

Can you use your contacts to seek some clarity for what ncfc are doing, with it being 4 days until we kick off. 

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Referring back to comms from the club, and whilst I appreciate this has only recently been announced, this is contrary to the latest club announcement. 

Can you use your contacts to seek some clarity for what ncfc are doing, with it being 4 days until we kick off. 

Thanks. 

Will email Caroline about this now.

• Like 1

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Will email Caroline about this now.

Out of likes, so 👍

13 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Thanks. 

I have already briefly discussed this with the club, so to offer them some mitigation it sounds like the PL have moved the goalposts on numerous occasions so the clubs were quite unsure as to exactly what was expected of them.  I'm reluctant to place much blame at the door of the club here, but I'm sure @Feedthewolf will get a good update from Caroline as to what the club expect to be in place for the weekend.

Edited by ncfcstar
  • Thanks 1

No blame directed at the club in this instance, as I said in my post it has only recently been announced from the EPL. 

My post was to make people aware, and secondly to get the clubs response / action. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

No blame directed at the club in this instance, as I said in my post it has only recently been announced from the EPL. 

My post was to make people aware, and secondly to get the clubs response / action. 

Sorry, to clarify I wasn't suggesting you were blaming the club, I was just getting some mitigation in before the inevitable complaint does come further down the thread!

Just now, ncfcstar said:

Sorry, to clarify I wasn't suggesting you were blaming the club, I was just getting some mitigation in before the inevitable complaint does come further down the thread!

A pre-emptive complaint rebuff!! 

Is the board that predictable? 😛 

I know what you mean though. 

I think the problem is, as previously discussed, the club has been poor with their comms, and whilst it's been a moving target, out of their control sometimes. So we know what to expect ( or not to be more accurate). 

All the vax'd should have the jab dates tattooed on the inside of their forearms or maybe have to wear some sort of recognisable badge, a yellow star perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Hmmmm.... at least a negative test result is accepted. Otherwise, it would be uproar. Still.... Chaos at some point will ensue, no doubt about it. 

The system is easily, erm let say, manipulated. 

"And the statement says fans may be asked to either prove they are fully vaccinated or that they have given a negative lateral flow test in the 48 hours leading up to kick-off."

Where and how does one obtain a lateral flow test?

I've been doubled pricked and may do a LFT as well, just in case!

Doesn't sound as though the club are geared up for this.

3 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

"And the statement says fans may be asked to either prove they are fully vaccinated or that they have given a negative lateral flow test in the 48 hours leading up to kick-off."

You can get a kit from a chemist. They are currently free.

19 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

Local (certainly Lloyds Pharmacy)  chemists had them for you to collect. 

You can also also order online on the Gov website - they arrive next day. 

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests

Each box contains 7 tests. 

Edited by Greavsy

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Local (certainly Lloyds Pharmacy)  chemists had them for you to collect. 

You can also also order online on the Gov website - they arrive next day. 

Each box contains 7 tests. 

Thanks Greavsy

33 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

I've got a load.

Positive ones in case people want a week off work/away from the family

Negative in case people want to go to football/the pub

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

I've got a load.

Positive ones in case people want a week off work/away from the family

Negative in case people want to go to football/the pub

As daft as that sounds - you only need the number / QR code from test to disclose to the NHS / .GOV website. You dont actually need to send proof youve done the test, let alone the result. Its all a bit of a farce to me, but not sure of the other, more secure options with home tests. 

• Like 2

The lateral flow tests are pointless anyway, you don't even need to take the test, just use the test number and record that it was negative on the website, you then get your confirmation email, no need to actually prove it. Utterly pointless and ridiculous really. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

The lateral flow tests are pointless anyway, you don't even need to take the test, just use the test number and record that it was negative on the website, you then get your confirmation email, no need to actually prove it. Utterly pointless and ridiculous really. 

Absolutely, and I suspect a few will attend even if they do have a positive LFT test.

Is this just for adults? I have my covid pass anyway, but do I need to get my 13 year old daughter to do a lateral test? 

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

You can get a kit from a chemist. They are currently free.

Order on line. Delivered within 24hrs.

I'm taking my 2 bits of blue card that prove I've had the dubble jabba jabba that they give you after being Mummy's little soldier.....If that's not enough evidence they can just go forth and multiply.....

If you have the NHS app you can also now add your 'Covid Pass' into your Apple/Google Wallet to save having to load the app up/save a pdf version.

When I collected some from Boots a few weeks ago, I was asked if I’d had both jabs-when I said yes, I was told that the lateral flow test would almost certainly show negative even if I had it.

I mentioned this to my friends and last week one of them told me that someone they knew had had both jabs, a lateral flow test showed negative but then a PCR test showed positive.

It’s all a bit of a lottery 😳