Sign in to follow this  
CanaryNath

County Hall parking?

Morning all

Might be wrong, but think I read somewhere on here that county hall may not be open for Matchday parking for a while, due to works?

not been able to get an answer from the club, does anyone know anything more about it?

alternatively, where else is good to park, ideally that same side of the city? 

thanks 

Aviva car park used to be open to the public for  a £2 charity charge. 

It's behind sainsburys petrol station on queens road... 

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

This is still open as far as I'm aware (havent parked then since we last were aloud in) however it shuts at half 6 so wont be any good for this saturday. 

The club letter to car park season ticket holders says that it is open but restricted due to works.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lincsy88 said:

This is still open as far as I'm aware (havent parked then since we last were aloud in) however it shuts at half 6 so wont be any good for this saturday. 

Shuts at 10.30pm. Well the staff / retired staff side does. 

The car park is split into two, one side (first and second/top floor is for paying public). The ground is for staff / retired staff. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Shuts at 10.30pm. Well the staff / retired staff side does. 

The car park is split into two, one side (first and second/top floor is for paying public). The ground is for staff / retired staff. 

Thats good to know, I always thought the general public side shut at half 6! 

1 minute ago, lincsy88 said:

Thats good to know, I always thought the general public side shut at half 6! 

Please check, as I don't use that side, but exit barriers are automatic, and the site is defo manned until 10.30

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Cor, that brings back some memories. When I was a kid my dad always used to park in there, it was only a quid in those days. He used to insist on us walking up and down the steep pedestrian hill on Southgate Lane for 'exercise'... I recall one winter game where it was so icy, loads of people got stuck half way up and there were some 'good old boys' forming a chain to help people get up the steepest bits! 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Cor, that brings back some memories. When I was a kid my dad always used to park in there, it was only a quid in those days. He used to insist on us walking up and down the steep pedestrian hill on Southgate Lane for 'exercise'... I recall one winter game where it was so icy, loads of people got stuck half way up and there were some 'good old boys' forming a chain to help people get up the steepest bits! 🙂

Oh yes, there is that one, or the zig zag path a little further on that brings you out opposite the back of the school. 

The views into the original argyle Street when walking down southgate lane back in the day made interesting viewing......

I've probably walked alongside you down there Wolfie..... 

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Oh yes, there is that one, or the zig zag path a little further on that brings you out opposite the back of the school. 

The views into the original argyle Street when walking down southgate lane back in the day made interesting viewing......

I've probably walked alongside you down there Wolfie..... 

I've never once walked up/down that zigzag path, weirdly enough! I am aware of the legend of Argyle Street (some of my mates were in a play about it several years back), but it had been demolished by the time I made my first trip to the Carra in 1986, I believe.

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

The club letter to car park season ticket holders says that it is open but restricted due to works.

Interesting, I wonder what "restricted" means?  I haven't seen anything clear from the club to general supporters and county hall car park is always busy and full on match days, so I hope they make some sort of clear public statement.

16 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I've never once walked up/down that zigzag path, weirdly enough! I am aware of the legend of Argyle Street (some of my mates were in a play about it several years back), but it had been demolished by the time I made my first trip to the Carra in 1986, I believe.

That was the same year I went for the first time too !

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Haus said:

That was the same year I went for the first time too !

21 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Thanks for making me feel old Wolfie! 😊 

Alright Haus, no need to rub it in!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Didn't make it to the Liverpool game, but just wondered what the situation is at County Hall regarding parking? Is it fully open, or are numbers restricted due to the ongoing construction work?