Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Posters defending Worthless!

Are in general, newbies with a tiny post count (under 10 ) if I was a paranoid man, I might think these were employee''s of the club logging on here.

If I was paranoid, I might think that Dicky, Squit and Herb, were also involved with the club in some capacity, but of course I''m not!.

But I must admit I can''t get my head around anyone backing Worthty now, I mean, just what part of shambles don''t they grasp.

To me and thousands its as plain as the nose on your face, isn''t it?.[*-)]

of course it is wiz, the only defence they have is what he has done in the past.and of course what has he done? winning the div 1 and then getting relegated. to me this is now, our results, tactics, signings, league position are very poor. these are all hard facts.the newcastle chairman said this weekend that the newcastle job is one of the biggest in world football, just shows the ambition set by the chairman.I only wish delia ''little old norwich'' smith had the same ambition.

To cheer you up, this is a post on WOTB, I bring to you as the usual cut and paste merchants seemed to have missed it (probably because it does not fit in with thier only repeat bad things about the club policy).

"Having a burn with Wynn Jones

For anyone who didn''t read yesterday''s posts, Delia and Michael Wynn Jones were in Pizza Express in Norwich after the game yesterday - as was I. So while he chain smoked Senior Service outside the topic of conversation inevitably turned to current events....

1. He seems like a very amiable fellow who genuinely does have the club''s interests at heart and was perfectly willing to answer any question I asked him.

2. He genuinely seems to believe that NW is capable of getting us out of this mess - "I have never met a more ambitious manager".

3. There are two general reasons he believes we should stick with NW.

a) Stability is really important to him - he believes that changing managers is a quick fix.

b) It would be difficult to replace NW with a manager of an equivalent calibre.

4. He (and people close to him) seem to believe that dissatisfaction with the current situation is limited to a few moaners on message boards. Btw, he didn''t say that as perjoratively as I did. The tiny demo yesterday (which I was at) reinforced that point of view.

5. He conceded that the play offs are now highly improbable and we''re looking at a mid-table finish.

6. He sees the season in the Prem as a success - hence, to him, NW has not been underperforming for as long as many think he has.

Not much new there, I know but at least it seems as though what they are saying in public does reflect what they''re actually thinking."

As for your paranoia, you should have that seen to, just because someone disagrees with you does not make them an agent of the Carrow Road machine, fortunately there are some intelligent independent thinkers out there.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

To cheer you up, this is a post on WOTB, I bring to you as the usual cut and paste merchants seemed to have missed it (probably because it does not fit in with thier only repeat bad things about the club policy).

For anyone who didn''t read yesterday''s posts, Delia and Michael Wynn Jones were in Pizza Express in Norwich after the game yesterday - as was I. So while he chain smoked Senior Service outside the topic of conversation inevitably turned to current events....

1. He seems like a very amiable fellow who genuinely does have the club''s interests at heart and was perfectly willing to answer any question I asked him.

2. He genuinely seems to believe that NW is capable of getting us out of this mess - "I have never met a more ambitious manager".

a) Stability is really important to him - he believes that changing managers is a quick fix.

4. He (and people close to him) seem to believe that dissatisfaction with the current situation is limited to a few moaners on message boards. Btw, he didn''t say that as perjoratively as I did. The tiny demo yesterday (which I was at) reinforced that point of view.

5. He conceded that the play offs are now highly improbable and we''re looking at a mid-table finish.

6. He sees the season in the Prem as a success - hence, to him, NW has not been underperforming for as long as many think he has.

Not much new there, I know but at least it seems as though what they are saying in public does reflect what they''re actually thinking."

As for your paranoia, you should have that seen to, just because someone disagrees with you does not make them an agent of the Carrow Road machine, fortunately there are some intelligent independent thinkers out there.

[/quote]

And therein lies the problem.   Point 6.   A season in the Premiership is NOT a success and it does unfortunately show the limited vision of the board.

OK it was a great effort getting there - fantastic parades in the City centre & all that but I would love to know how he justifies instant relegation as "success".  Surely another season in the Premiership would be success.   But then hey, I don''t have millions invested in the bunch of clowns.

[/quote]

i belive what your saying but he would hardly come out and say that worthy is rubbish and that he wants a new manager would he? He''s going to sit there and try to justify this crap season. I would have had him out ages ago! Anyone who belives he is the right man for us is having a laugh

[quote user="WorthlessOut"]Goes to show Wynn Jones is as stupid as you then Dicky/Squit if he had the best interests of this club at heart the fool of an Irishman would be gone.[/quote]

Stupid and rich, theres a combination I could aspire to!

Another thread with dumb remarks by the usual suspects. How many football clubs are making a profit, even those in the Premiership? Just because the guy said what he feels, and you don''t agree with what he feels, doesn''t make him an idiot. Thinking about it, it probably makes him pretty smart. He''s certainly right about one thing - changing managers is a risky business, and would be fatal if left up to many posters on this board. We''d have Keegan (only for half a season, probably, until he''d reached Delia''s credit card limit), or Holloway (until he screwed it up and tried to jump ship), or whoever was the current flavour of the week (as Worthy was at one time). It should be done IMO, but it must be done in a rational and careful manner. If the Board decide not to do it now, that still doesn''t make them idiots. The Club will survive, though I don''t see it flourishing.

[quote user="WorthlessOut"]The only thing you are rich in Squit is a smelly stuff , probably from your own backside.[/quote]

I should really come back with a name calling jibe for you but your dad is probably bigger than my dad so I''ll leave it.

if squits post is right, then the majority shareholders are further up an ivory tower than i though they were. personally, i don''t believe the post, the anwsers are too contrived and convenient.  delia has been on enough terraces this season to know how people really feel.

Relegation will see worthington go....

I wonder what Wynne Jones will say about him then.

If he feels Worthington is the best man for the job, the most passionate and the one to take us up and keep us there then he is seriously deluded...

Next season could see Southend, Colchester, and Ipswich all higher placed than us.... Leaving only Peteborogh below us in the "pride of anglia steaks" we''d bea  laughing stock... Worthys laughing stock...

And yet Wynne jones would still think the sun shone out of his rear end id imagine

jas :)

Pizza Express!!??

I hope Mick and Deals told the staff to slow it down a tad and not be to quick to deliver, after all, they are probably still there patiently waiting for the garlic bread.

[quote user="WorthlessOut"]Goes to show Wynn Jones is as stupid as you then Dicky/Squit if he had the best interests of this club at heart the fool of an Irishman would be gone.[/quote]

Stupid and rich, theres a combination I could aspire to!

[/quote]

oh planning to win the lottery are we...1 out of 2 aint bad

[quote user="1st Wizard"]If I was paranoid, I might think that Dicky, Squit and Herb, were also involved with the club in some capacity, but of course I''m not!.

But I must admit I can''t get my head around anyone backing Worthty now, I mean, just what part of shambles don''t they grasp.

[/quote]Its not a case of backing him or not Wizard, its simply a case of being realistic.Of course if I was in charge and money was no object I''d be on the ''phone to Jose, Martin and Gus first thing in the morning.But thats not the case is it? Money is a consideration, firstly none of the 3 mentioned above would join for the sort of money the club can offer.So we''d be looking at much cheaper alternatives, basically taking a gamble on an "up and comer" or getting in a mediocre manager with experience.However, whoever we get in this season isn''t going to change the fact that the playoffs are a very feint hope now. The way I see it getting anyone in before the end of the season is a waste of money, plain and simple. 6 months more contract to pay off, we just haven''t got that sort of cash to throw around for fun.I think the main difference between your viewpoint and mine is that I was pretty certain that we would not bounce straight back up in May last year. Statistically, relegated Prem clubs generally don''t. I saw this season as a rebuilding season, anything else as a bonus.Now obviously I''m less than happy with the manner of some of our defeats but to be honest I''m more annoyed about the result of Sunday''s game than the season as a whole.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]if squits post is right, then the majority shareholders are further up an ivory tower than i though they were. personally, i don''t believe the post, the anwsers are too contrived and convenient.  delia has been on enough terraces this season to know how people really feel.

[/quote]

I''m just quoting what was on WOTB, I suppose if its not want you want to hear then you have the right to say you don''t believe it, I think its consistent with whats been said previously.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="1st Wizard"]If I was paranoid, I might think that Dicky, Squit and Herb, were also involved with the club in some capacity, but of course I''m not!.

[/quote]

Its not a case of backing him or not Wizard, its simply a case of being realistic.
Of course if I was in charge and money was no object I''d be on the ''phone to Jose, Martin and Gus first thing in the morning.
But thats not the case is it? Money is a consideration, firstly none of the 3 mentioned above would join for the sort of money the club can offer.
So we''d be looking at much cheaper alternatives, basically taking a gamble on an "up and comer" or getting in a mediocre manager with experience.

However, whoever we get in this season isn''t going to change the fact that the playoffs are a very feint hope now. The way I see it getting anyone in before the end of the season is a waste of money, plain and simple. 6 months more contract to pay off, we just haven''t got that sort of cash to throw around for fun.

I think the main difference between your viewpoint and mine is that I was pretty certain that we would not bounce straight back up in May last year. Statistically, relegated Prem clubs generally don''t. I saw this season as a rebuilding season, anything else as a bonus.
Now obviously I''m less than happy with the manner of some of our defeats but to be honest I''m more annoyed about the result of Sunday''s game than the season as a whole.

[/quote]

exactly our point herb, you sit there and state you are not too worried with our season as a whole.....  we are 14th, we have signed numerous players whom are lacking in ability -- dead wood you might say.  premiership money has been wasted.  we have lost one of englands most promising forwards to west ham.....  that was sickening enough.  because we could not play to his strengths.  we have now signed a quality forward and in his first game are hoofing long balls up to the shortest player in the duvision.  we have as many home games than in any season brian hamilton presided over. we currently have a worse attack than crewe and a worse defense than millwall.

rebuilding?!?! with premiership money better spent we should have had a strong enough squad to get out of this league (as palace are showing)... southampton have sold their entire first team and are only 3 points behind us!!!  little did we no a player completely lacking in football ability would be entering our midfield followed up later by the worse central midfielder i have EVER seen at the club

As a newbie poster, I thought I''d say that I am an NCFC employee, part time, whilst I''m studying. I also think, as I posted earlier on today that Worthy is OK and taking the view over his time at the club and not the last two seasons alone, that he has done a good job. I am of course unhappy about this season, but I am also not overly surprised by it. Very few clubs that are relegated go straight back up the following season. Though not quite in the same league, Alex Ferguson had a couple of seasons where people were saying he was not good enough and he should go. He got through it because he is a good manager, as I believe Nigel is. (Again stressing that I''m not saying he is as good as Ferguson.)

This is only my opinion and I''m sure people don''t agree. I just think that it would harm the club more by starting over again now.

As far as the board, Delia, Michael et al, people need to trust them to make the right decisions for the club. I think they''ve done a good job since they''ve been there. Why on earth would anyone make anything other than what is in the best interests of the club if its your money/jobs on the line?

Human beings however can of course make mistakes, and only time will tell.

IMO!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Are in general, newbies with a tiny post count (under 10 ) if I was a paranoid man, I might think these were employee''s of the club logging on here.[/quote]

Wiz, as you can see, I have a tiny post count. Does this mean I am part of some conspiracy? I am a regular reader of this forum and have been for a long time. I post when I choose to. It seems to me that the most frequent posters are those with a gripe against the manager, the club, or the world. This is quite natural, as the moaners need to get their grievances off their chests, and this is after all, the best place to do it. Whilst your own post count is a very impressive 2700, lets face it, you often lapse into talking "tripe". So I don''t see that the number of posts actually makes any difference to validity of anyone''s opinion.

Stephen Nobbs asks the question are their more than 3 or 4 posters supporting Worthy? Well I''m with Squit on this one, so that makes two of us. My guess is there are many more who read this forum, but don''t feel compelled to write. But, I admit, that is only a guess.

My point is (at last) that I am just as fed-up with the way this season has gone as any other City supporter, and I''m sure, as are all those involved with the club at whatever level. But there has to be a sense of realism. We''ve had change of manager before, haven''t we? From Brown to Stringer to Walker things went quite smoothly. I dont recall much instant success from changing to Deehan, Megson, O''Neil ( an exception, but not here long enough), Megson again,Walker again, Rioch and Hamilton. Worthington has since brought success, and there are many other clubs of a similar size that would have liked to have enjoyed the last four or five seasons as much as we have.

I don''t think Worthy has done everything right. I bet he doesn''t either! But taken in context he has a good record and deserves the time to put things right.

When I was watching us play under Rioch and Hamilton did I see a return to the Premiership coming?Certainly not. Did I see quality players like Huckerby, Ashton and now Earnie coming to this club? Certainly not. But I think this board and manager did, and worked hard to make it happen. Do we really think they are a bunch of hapless fools who are about to flush it all down the pan? Of course they can see the problems we have. They have a much better view of the situation than any of us. But there is no magic wand, and no-one is ever gauranteed success.

This "Worthy Out" cry is getting more than a little boring, but I don''t suppose it will stop any time soon. We are re-building.......Keep the Faith!

[quote user="Danno"]

As a newbie poster, I thought I''d say that I am an NCFC employee, part time, whilst I''m studying. I also think, as I posted earlier on today that Worthy is OK and taking the view over his time at the club and not the last two seasons alone, that he has done a good job. I am of course unhappy about this season, but I am also not overly surprised by it. Very few clubs that are relegated go straight back up the following season. Though not quite in the same league, Alex Ferguson had a couple of seasons where people were saying he was not good enough and he should go. He got through it because he is a good manager, as I believe Nigel is. (Again stressing that I''m not saying he is as good as Ferguson.)

This is only my opinion and I''m sure people don''t agree. I just think that it would harm the club more by starting over again now.

As far as the board, Delia, Michael et al, people need to trust them to make the right decisions for the club. I think they''ve done a good job since they''ve been there. Why on earth would anyone make anything other than what is in the best interests of the club if its your money/jobs on the line?

IMO!

[/quote]not many are disputing the good that delia and worthy have done for the club, but your comparison with fergie is off beam cos he came in to rebuild the team having enjoyed success in managing quality players - worthy has success in managing average players very well, but hasn''t stepped upto the next level when trying to get good players to gel - just as paul sturrock found out at soton, the better players are a different type of animal.a squad of good mature pros played like a sunday team at the weekend - even the huddle isn''t working now.  its clear that confidence is low and i might be wrong, but when teams get this low in morale, they take alot of picking up and i can''t see worthy doing it.

Since there were about a 150 fans outside the main aentrance protesting and about 24,000 that walked straight past the main entrance its not that difficult to work out What in/out ratio is:

I was not happy yesterday but who do you replace with some of the names being batted about on this site are not any better than what we have?[8-)]

Getting into the prem was a tremendous success.  So we didn''t stay there, who cares, stop whinging and start supporting.  Premiership or conference, it''s the team you support not the position or league that counts.  It seems that all anyone on this site ever doe''s is complain.  Get over it, premiership was last season, it''s not likely to be next season so let''s just concentrate on the season after that.  Worthy has kept us steady and got us there last season and I believe he can do it again, maybe our current situation is more to do with continual injury problems and the team never gelling.  I reakon we should put this season down to bad luck and the strengthening of teams around us like sheffield, luton and reading whilst we were trying to live the high life last season.  Look at the injury list in Christmas 2005, it caused us all sorts of problems, funny that seemed to happen this year and still seems to be going on.  Maybe it''s not Worthy after all!!!!!!!!!    

ON THE BALL CITY - THE WHINGERS ARE A MINORITY!!!!!!!!!!

How brave people are when typing on a computer eh?  Like to see you call me stupid to my face....

[quote user="Danno"]

IMO!

[/quote]this was in alex fergusons first few season whilst he was building a team, NW has been here a long time now - and this is possibly the worst norwich midfield for years.

"So we didn''t stay there, who cares" spoken about the Prem by somebody who displays about as much ambition for the club as Worthless.

We have a crisis / injury list every Christmas, we did before Worthless and no doubt we will next year, hopefully without him. The BIG differance is that Worthless has had more money than any other Norwich Manager and he has, in general, spent it poorly.

As for Mick from Stowmarket who has not met any Managers with more ambition than Worthless, Where was he when the Prem managers came last year and does he not meet any of this years Championship ones?  Worthless has more ambition than Chelsea, don''t make me laugh.

[quote user="percyvarco"]

"So we didn''t stay there, who cares" spoken about the Prem by somebody who displays about as much ambition for the club as Worthless.

We have a crisis / injury list every Christmas, we did before Worthless and no doubt we will next year, hopefully without him. The BIG differance is that Worthless has had more money than any other Norwich Manager and he has, in general, spent it poorly.

As for Mick from Stowmarket who has not met any Managers with more ambition than Worthless, Where was he when the Prem managers came last year and does he not meet any of this years Championship ones?  Worthless has more ambition than Chelsea, don''t make me laugh.

[/quote]

Percy, he said he has not met any managers with more ambition than Worthington, he didn''t say that he has more ambition than Chelsea, while you continue to post this type of twisted logic no-one is going to take you seriously, take a moment to think about what you are typing before hitting the post button.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="percyvarco"]

[/quote]

Percy, he said he has not met any managers with more ambition than Worthington, he didn''t say that he has more ambition than Chelsea, while you continue to post this type of twisted logic no-one is going to take you seriously, take a moment to think about what you are typing before hitting the post button.

[/quote]

you call Andy Hughes an ambitious signing, a player not even good enough for the championship. worthy has wasted our premiership cash with not one improvement on the squad before promotion......

[quote user="Dicky"]

How brave people are when typing on a computer eh?  Like to see you call me stupid to my face....

[/quote]

Good to see you coming back with yet another highly intelligent comment.