Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Jurgen Klinsmann on Sargent

I think that you will find that Klinsmann doesn't know as much about football as some of the Pink Un message board experts though😉

12 minutes ago, Badger said:

I think that you will find that Klinsmann doesn't know as much about football as some of the Pink Un message board experts though😉

Well, that’s a given, Badger - I mean what the hell would he know compared to us footballing legends, it’s a terrible endorsement! 😂

20 minutes ago, Badger said:

He doesn’t watch YouTube, that’s where he’s falling down

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

It’s clear Germany legend Klinsmann really rates Josh Sargent. Not bad praise for someone with only one foot. The evidence is mounting that, fingers crossed, we’ll be signing a top talent.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-josh-sargent-transfer-jurgen-klinsmann-reaction-8218966

I think what Klinsmann is saying is that staying put is a better career choice than joining Norwich 

1 minute ago, City 101 said:

I think what Klinsmann is saying is that staying put is a better career choice than joining Norwich 

He is indeed, accompanied with -

"I have followed Josh’s career for many, many years as he is one of the biggest talents in the US soccer’’

21 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

"I have followed Josh’s career for many, many years as he is one of the biggest talents in the US soccer’’

Sargent was in the U17s US team when Klinsmann was head coach of the US team, so he would have been well aware of Sargent.

23 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Freddy Adu? 

10 minutes ago, Basel_NCFC said:

Freddy Adu? 

I have absolutely no idea why it’s so commonplace on here, but why do so many Norwich ‘supporters’ look for the most negative possible outcome? Most notably, this tends to come from lurkers or those with a very low post count.

Its like there’s people positively rubbing their hands with literal glee at the thought of Sargent becoming the next RvW! Well guys, I guess we can only dream, huh?! 🙄

My interpretation from his words are that whilst he believes Josh is a talent, he has doubts as to how much game time he will get at Norwich vs playing for Werder Bremen in the 2nd tier. Therefore it would be safe to assume that he thinks Josh is not at or close to the level of Pukki as it stands. Which begs me to question  why we would reportedly break our transfer record for the fella if he is unlikely to get much game time? 

My only guess is that the reported fees we are paying for Josh are 'wide of the mark' and in fact much much lower with potential add ons added in which could in turn make the sum much higher. Much like the deal we secured for Emi Buendia whereby it was roughly an initial 1.5m but rose to 4.5m upon promotion etc..

3 minutes ago, Yella Army said:

My interpretation from his words are that whilst he believes Josh is a talent, he has doubts as to how much game time he will get at Norwich vs playing for Werder Bremen in the 2nd tier. Therefore it would be safe to assume that he thinks Josh is not at or close to the level of Pukki as it stands. Which begs me to question  why we would reportedly break our transfer record for the fella if he is unlikely to get much game time? 

My only guess is that the reported fees we are paying for Josh are 'wide of the mark' and in fact much much lower with potential add ons added in which could in turn make the sum much higher. Much like the deal we secured for Emi Buendia whereby it was roughly an initial 1.5m but rose to 4.5m upon promotion etc..

Sounds fair comments, Yella. Very hard to know what game time he will get, but having watched literally everything I could of him on YouTube etc ha ha, I think he’ll get plenty of minutes this season. I think people will be pleasantly surprised when they see what he brings to the team, though my guess is he won’t score a hatful, but he looks a very robust competitive player to me and likes to put it about. We need more aggression and I think we’ll get that with him, they say the guy never stops running over the 90mins but we’ll see.

14 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Sounds fair comments, Yella. Very hard to know what game time he will get, but having watched literally everything I could of him on YouTube etc ha ha, I think he’ll get plenty of minutes this season. I think people will be pleasantly surprised when they see what he brings to the team, though my guess is he won’t score a hatful, but he looks a very robust competitive player to me and likes to put it about. We need more aggression and I think we’ll get that with him, they say the guy never stops running over the 90mins but we’ll see.

I don't think we would be spending this kind of Money on him for him to sit on the Bench ngl lol 

4 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

I don't think we would be spending this kind of Money on him for him to sit on the Bench ngl lol 

Agreed, but Mr Pukki might have something to say about that! 

49 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I have absolutely no idea why it’s so commonplace on here, but why do so many Norwich ‘supporters’ look for the most negative possible outcome? Most notably, this tends to come from lurkers or those with a very low post count.

Its like there’s people positively rubbing their hands with literal glee at the thought of Sargent becoming the next RvW! Well guys, I guess we can only dream, huh?! 🙄

But new posters have to start somewhere? Unless you started with 1800 plus posts? 🤣

My point is we have heard a few times previously about these so called next world beaters coming from US. 

Edited by Basel_NCFC

14 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Haha agreed I wonder if Sargent will play behind him in the middle of an attacking 3 with Tzolis and Cantwell the wider attackers 

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Still dont understand why guys are putting Sargent in the same mold as Pukki..sure he had some time as centre at Werder but its clear that hes much more than that and joins City as a flexible player who can play in a few positions up front.

We have Idah if Pukki gets injured  and / if Idah cant do the job im certain that DF may use Rashica or Tzolis (if we  get him) as much as he may use Sargent. It looks clear to me in the players who have  come in this window have the flexibility to majorly fill the position Teemu plays in should he  not be able to play. Thats another reason why i think City left the Armstrong offer long ago and moved on.

• Like 1

If we have Tzolis, Cantwell, Dowell, Rashica, Sergeant all vying for 3x attacking midfield slots, LW, CAM, RW then we have great depth and options to change the game.

Pukki being the main striker will then have Sergeant and Idah as the main competition/partners for the ST role(s).

I'm quite content with that and would argue that Webber is then complete and done with the attacking side of our squad and would turn to completing the defensive side a la CDM, CB, LB. 

Suspect Sargent is viewed as - and/or wil be trained into - a responsible top level 10 who can go behind, move wider, replace the 9 if required and - importantly - contribute to the the greater defensive responsibility, shape and ethos required for weaker teams at the top level. 

Parma

Post Script: The attacking 3 behind Pukki can be fluid, creative, adventurous and high in the Championship.

At the top level we need an attacking 9 - who nevertheless works hard - and any player behind that must be solid defensively. I highly doubt that - in practice - there will be more than 2 behind the 9 and quite possibly only 1 or even the old Italian favourite of ‘a half’. 

Different world, different approach, different players. Only defensively responsible, structurally intelligent, dangerous, burst fast, high stamina players need apply. 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy