Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Meanwhile, down the road…

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

Bloody yanks, already ruining what’s left of that football club, will probably come up with a new nickname soon, Ipswich Insurrection or some tosh like that.

The Ipswich Insipids? The Ipswich Infection? The Ipswich Irritations?  Good game😄

It's deeply cringey.

I'm also intrigued by their fans insisting the club will make loads of money from extracshirt sales due to this...

1- I thought the money from shirt sales largely goes to the people who make the shirts.

2- While Sheeran clearly has a huge number of fans, I'm not sure that large a % of them are so desperate for anything Ed that they'll spend £50 on a football shirt for a team they have no interest in.

Ghastly cheap cringy gimmick - I would be embarrassed if Norwich did something similar ... worse than that other gimmick where the number 12 shirt is given ‘to the fans’

I’ll stick with my opinion - horrendously cringey.  It might be one thing if he were just a supporter, sponsoring a shirt kind-of-thing, but he’s the main club sponsor - it’s like it is all they’ve got.  Embarrassing.  

Would they have had to have gone through the Football League to ratify giving him a squad number?

Imagine the poor sod who had to make that phone call. Cringe.

12 hours ago, Essjayess said:

Starting the season vs. Morecambe while we start vs. Liverpool. Sums it up.

Yes but the new owners have labelled this game a phenomenal historic occasion 🤣🤣 and there new slogan appears to be Running Towards Adversity 😆

Just checked Ed’s discography to see if he had released any appropriate songs.

’South of the Border’ and ‘You Need Me, I Don’t Need You’.

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Just checked Ed’s discography to see if he had released any appropriate songs.

’South of the Border’ and ‘You Need Me, I Don’t Need You’.

🤣🤣🤣

"Barcelona"  Hahahahahhahahahahhahahahaha!!!

If he has been given an official squad number does that not mean there is one fewer place for a professional player registered in the squad for the coming season? If so I would be mightily unhappy if I was in the academy or U23 player.

a farmhand writes

" These players must learn tomorrow that this really is a club with a great fanbase, with a history, that the murals they walk past actually mean something. Something that clubs like Reading and QPR and Rotherham and Charlton and even Naarwich have never had.

They need to understand that playing for Ipswich is a real step up in their careers and that they have to elevate their game to heights they have not reached before, because this is the best club they have ever played for "

that is a fine example of the demented delusion that still exists among these rural retards

3 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

they are 1-0 down, 

to Morecambe

at home...............

Ed Sheeran is flying back from holiday to come on in the second half

It must be another great watch today.

They are 0-1 down with the only shot on target of the first half.

Even with the turn over of players they have had, I'm still not convinced they are going up this year

Great quote from TWTD:

"Alright, we’re 1-0 down (rubbish defending for the goal) and we’ve not tested their keeper, but that felt so much better than watching us last year."

The very definition of desperation.

Hahaha scraping a 90th minute draw against a team who have never been as high as League One. 

But obviously they are giants of English football 😂

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Scraping a last second 2-2 draw to Morecombe at home- Double promotions to the Prem on the way! 😂

Because our first game of the season, when we won league one was a triumphant success? Don't get me wrong, I have no idea if they are good or bad but your point is not particularly valid.

6 hours ago, Mullet said:

I was at that game and Mylene was sat about 15 feet away from me in the Director's box....(it's true and certainly not Hear'say)....She is one very attractive and talented lady....She went onto the pitch at half time and most of the blokes watching were salivating like hungry terriers peering through a butcher shop window.....She's 43 now and looks as good as ever.....Ah the memories....Pure an' simple.....