Sign in to follow this  
Thingy

Nick Powell from Stoke City?

I think he would be a good low cost option for Norwich as his movement, technical ability, creativity is very good, experienced, age 27, scores goals.

Signing for Man Utd as a youngster was a bit too much pressure for him but he has got his career back on track. He is a quiet person off the pitch with a family.

4 minutes ago, Thingy said:

I think he would be a good low cost option for Norwich as his movement, technical ability, creativity is very good, experienced, age 27, scores goals.

Signing for Man Utd as a youngster was a bit too much pressure for him but he has got his career back on track. He is a quiet person off the pitch with a family.

Would rather sign Colin Powell / Asafa Powell / Enoch Powell (delete as appropriate)

Seriously, though, I reckon our attacking work is done if we bring in both Tzolis and Sargent... unless Cantwell goes, but if that happens I'd expect us to look for someone with a bit more 'X-factor'.

Don't think his having a family says much about character. After all, didn't stop Wayne Rooney, amongst others, behaving like prannocks.

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Would rather sign Colin Powell / Asafa Powell / Enoch Powell (delete as appropriate)

Seriously, though, I reckon our attacking work is done if we bring in both Tzolis and Sargent... unless Cantwell goes, but if that happens I'd expect us to look for someone with a bit more 'X-factor'.

I can think of a few who post on here who would be happy with Enoch Powell!

• Like 2

He'd definitely be low cost but since he left Man United he's mainly plied his trade in the lower reaches of the Championship and in League One with Wigan. I'm sure there is talent there, Man United DID buy him after all but we're surely shopping in different circles now; I'd rather we signed Jenny Powell off Wheel of Fortune. 

Nick Powell is the Stoke Player of the Season for 2020-21. He is like a bit like Dowell but scores more goals than Dowell.

30 minutes ago, Badger said:

I can think of a few who post on here who would be happy with Enoch Powell!

or Baden-Powell...

Far too similar to Dowell.

Both have the same limitation, lack of pace.

Good player at that level but can't see him fitting into to a team which is going to press and counter attack. 

20 years ago he'd have been a quality top tier player in a league full of Mersons and Le Tissiers. 

10 minutes ago, Thingy said:

Nick Powell is the Stoke Player of the Season for 2020-21. He is like a bit like Dowell but scores more goals than Dowell.

Apologies, I worded my response badly, I know who he is but can't see us signing him and genuinely hope that we don't. 

55 minutes ago, Thingy said:

Most people would bat this off as not good enough, but he is a good competent player who would add experience. If available for not too much would be a shrewd signing. Most on here would probably disagree.

• Like 2

Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell.. that quite a tongue twister...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell, Nick Powell, Kieran Dowell.. that quite a tongue twister...

Not bad, but not quite as good as "W Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie" 😉 

Even the Poles say that's tough.

May as well ask Cameron Jerome if he fancies a go

3 hours ago, Herman said:

I can't think of any other famous Powell that I'd rather..... 😥

I was thinking of Mike Powell the long jumper

1 hour ago, paddycanary said:

I was thinking of Mike Powell the long jumper

If I had heard of him I may have suggested him too.😉

P.s. Apologies to @Thingy for taking your thread off on tangents. It's silly season....

Edited by Herman

15 hours ago, Thingy said:

🎶 Are you his agent? Are you his agent? 🎶

😉

Edited by Nuff Said

Not the best character off the field, hardly trained at Wigan with Cook just telling him not to come in but perform on the weekend. He couldn’t handle our intense training load. 

Very much a northern boy aswell.