Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Player Sponsorship

Recommended Posts

Bit of a random question but has anyone on here ever sponsored a player? And what do businesses get out of it?

I'm always intrigued as to why Office Furniture Scene, for example, pay good money to sponsor Kenny McLean- does he have to do adverts for them or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, king canary said:

Bit of a random question but has anyone on here ever sponsored a player? And what do businesses get out of it?

I'm always intrigued as to why Office Furniture Scene, for example, pay good money to sponsor Kenny McLean- does he have to do adverts for them or something?

He probably appears in their adverts / website. 

Plus they will get coverage in program and on scoreboard etc. 

I assume pukki (striker) being more likely to score and therefore be on the big screen more than say Krul, and hence be a dearer price. 

Just my thoughts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, king canary said:

Bit of a random question but has anyone on here ever sponsored a player? And what do businesses get out of it?

I'm always intrigued as to why Office Furniture Scene, for example, pay good money to sponsor Kenny McLean- does he have to do adverts for them or something?

Yes is have done this, sponsored Craig Fleming in his time at the club, and also sponsored his testimonial match, the player has no obligations in the deal, other than attend a lunch once a season with his "sponsor" at Colney, and sign a match shirt which is given to the sponsor, the company can refer to it in their marketing but few do, mostly done as someone wants to support their club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Yes is have done this, sponsored Craig Fleming in his time at the club, and also sponsored his testimonial match, the player has no obligations in the deal, other than attend a lunch once a season with his "sponsor" at Colney, and sign a match shirt which is given to the sponsor, the company can refer to it in their marketing but few do, mostly done as someone wants to support their club. 

Fair enough- sounds nice!

How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Yes is have done this, sponsored Craig Fleming in his time at the club, and also sponsored his testimonial match, the player has no obligations in the deal, other than attend a lunch once a season with his "sponsor" at Colney, and sign a match shirt which is given to the sponsor, the company can refer to it in their marketing but few do, mostly done as someone wants to support their club. 

Oh really? I remember that well, it was against Newcastle. The heavens opened a couple of minutes from the end of the match, and his 'lap of honour' at the end was like something out of The Shawshank Redemption! 🙂

Edited by Feedthewolf
typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, king canary said:

Fair enough- sounds nice!

How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

Back then it was about 2k, now its 3k plus VAT and they have a players / sponsors dinner at Carrow Rd, back then it was a lunch at Colney as the players finished training! its an expensive dinner, but nice, if you can link it to  a company website may get a bit of mileage from it. We are now a community partner and that feels like far greater value, all depends on budget and what you want from it i suppose.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...