Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

Glad Sargent's probably true

Imagine being critical of a player who hasn't even signed for us yet.

I wonder why certain people bother to support a club if it causes them so much upset.

I'm excited by this signing. We have a world class coach for developing talent.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

And he has got a left foot, which he can shoot with...........

I don't know, there was this one video...

• Like 1

I for one can't wait to see him yellow and green. A 6ft 1, ginger mopped American with the name Sargent must surely have the potential for the greatest ever NCFC terrace chant. I'm sure someone will come up with something legendary.

6 hours ago, FatCanary said:

I wonder why certain people bother to support a club if it causes them so much upset.

And then get angry at people who dare point this out!

6 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

And he has got a left foot, which he can shoot with...........

Stop. Talking. FACTS!!!! You'll upset people with delicate dispositions!!! 🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I for one can't wait to see him yellow and green. A 6ft 1, ginger mopped American with the name Sargent must surely have the potential for the greatest ever NCFC terrace chant. I'm sure someone will come up with something legendary.

Thinking a variation on the XTC song.

Sargent Josh is going to help me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chicken said:

And then get angry at people who dare point this out!

It's always been this for me. As long as I cam recall that poster being here, any difference of opinion AT ALL has been fought with general childishness. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Thinking a variation on the XTC song.

Sargent Josh is going to help me.

Not a take on Sgt Pepper? 

We're Sargent Josh's barmy Norwich fans,
He'll win the ball and score goals,
Sargent Josh's barmy Norwich fans,
Pass the ball and watch him go,
Sargent Josh's barmy, Sargent Josh's barmy,
Sargent Josh's barmy Norwich fans! 

• Like 2

Looks like he has a lot of what we need now as well as bags of potential, think it’s a great signing if we pull it off.

If this does turn out to be true, there's obviously something that has caught our scouting team's eye. As for people talking about stats - what were Aarons', Cantwell's et als stats like before they started playing in our first team? Got to give the guy a chance, surely?

A lot of the players we have signed have been done so with the thought process to coach and improve them, Buendia being as much of an example as the youths like Cantwell and Aarons, so he might be getting signed with a view to the future in eventually replacing Pukki

1 hour ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Don't cry for me Sargentinho

If Pukki and Sargent both score we could have "Don't cry for me SargentTeemu"

11 hours ago, FatCanary said:

One for the future? We signing anyone to help with this season? Hopefully Farke can work his magic this season... 

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

One for the future? We signing anyone to help with this season? Hopefully Farke can work his magic this season... 

Exactly. We need one for right now. 

To give us a chance of staying up. 

I think he's probably both. One that has a lot of attriubutes they clearly like now but still room to develop.

Seems like he'd fit into our side more seamlessly than a Hugil.

8 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Tbf he plays in bundesliga and is a young usa international, if he comes he is initially going to be behind atleast pukki so I mean, what can you expect? 

You must agree that no player in the Ilk of - what I am assuming you want and mean for a player that is for now- is going to be willing to come here with the finances on offer and be okay with being behind pukki if they are in the here and now of their career  too. Do you agree to my ramble there?

Young, with experience in a decent league and international with potential and sell on value who is used to bundesliga level, within our finances, well what is not to like?

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

2 minutes ago, RobNewman'sblisteringpace said:

Who are the best ginger footballers?  Alan Ball probably.

Paul Scholes.

5 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

I think he's probably both. One that has a lot of attriubutes they clearly like now but still room to develop.

Seems like he'd fit into our side more seamlessly than a Hugil.

I believe he is likely to be the "striker that can also play wide".

He's got height, strength and physicality. It might be that he can be played in the Stiepermann role and generally win flick ons and be an utter nuisance in games where we are getting pressed a fair bit. I don't think he is "3rd choice".

Honestly, I don't think any of our players are seen in that sort of way. A squad needs to have options. If we play three at the back, for example, there is choice between outright height and physicality in which case you probably start Zimmermann, Gibson and Hanley. Or you may want to put some pace alongside experience and start Gibson with Hanley and add Sorensen or Omobamidele.

Wing backs or full backs? Three in the middle or two in the middle? How many AM? Wingers or AM? 1 striker or 2? No.10 or no No.10?

17 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

Tbf he plays in bundesliga and is a young usa international, if he comes he is initially going to be behind atleast pukki so I mean, what can you expect? 

You must agree that no player in the Ilk of - what I am assuming you want and mean for a player that is for now- is going to be willing to come here with the finances on offer and be okay with being behind pukki if they are in the here and now of their career  too. Do you agree to my ramble there?

Young, with experience in a decent league and international with potential and sell on value who is used to bundesliga level, within our finances, well what is not to like?

To quote David Byrne " Stop making sense"