TeemuVanBasten

Hope Sargent isn't true.

Can't remember seeing a player as "one footed" as this for a long long time.

Seriously, just watch it, he looks like he's not got the ability to use his left foot at all, its the weirdest thing I've seen in football at this level.  

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Seriously, just watch it, he looks like he's not got the ability to use his left foot at all, its the weirdest thing I've seen in football at this level.  

Do you ever post anything positive? Are you like this on your day to day life ? Really is a bit sad 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Do you ever post anything positive? Are you like this on your day to day life ? Really is a bit sad 

Never heard of you before, but just looked at the first page of your posting history and looks like you've been on a big two week moan fest yourself. 

Never heard of you before, but just looked at the first page of your posting history and looks like you've been on a big two week moan fest yourself. 

Are you on crack ? I haven't moaned about anything in last two weeks, I will always say as I find. Hardly ever post mainly read but sick of seeing people like you, big Vince etc pretend to be Norwich fans but only ever say negative stuff, it's like you get off on the attention it's really sad

• Like 3

That’s a rather strange reason not to want a player - there’s lots of players who 90% of the time use their favoured foot to pass/shoot. I was watching footage of Tzolis this afternoon and was surprised that he barely touched the ball with his left foot, given he’s been mentioned as a left winger, but don’t really care. 

6 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Are you on crack? 

No I'm not, funnily enough. 

6 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Hardly ever post mainly read but sick of seeing people like you, big Vince etc pretend to be Norwich fans but only ever say negative stuff, it's like you get off on the attention it's really sad

You are moaning now, and I don't give a sh*t what you are sick of. 

I just told you to put me on ignore, not my fault you are too thick to think of doing that is it? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No I'm not, funnily enough. 

You are moaning now, and I don't give a sh*t what you are sick of. 

I just told you to put me on ignore, not my fault you are too think to think of doing that is it? 

To think? Oh dear

Edited by Greavsy
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s a rather strange reason not to want a player - there’s lots of players who 90% of the time use their favoured foot to pass/shoot. I was watching footage of Tzolis this afternoon and was surprised that he barely touched the ball with his left foot, given he’s been mentioned as a left winger, but don’t really care. 

Its not just pass shoot, its control, dribble. Usually players can at least trap a ball with their weak foot, and will use it to turn. 

A completely one footed dribble is weird. 

And if a player is completely one footed it is far too easy for opposition to just keep showing a player onto their weak foot, this is the best league in the world we are talking about, and showing a player onto their weaker foot is Wroxham level tactics. 

His movement is good and typically workman like for farke 

He’ll be a player for us like 

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

His movement is good and typically workman like for farke 

He’ll be a player for us like 

I hope you are right, but not sure we need two raw youngsters in that position, based on that video at least Idah is ahead of him. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

For someone so weak to have played 16 times for the USA and had seasons in the Bundesliga, I’m surprised no one has noticed how crap he clearly is…..

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I hope you are right, but not sure we need two raw youngsters in that position, based on that video at least Idah is ahead of him. 

I still remember the hype surrounding the RVW and Julian Brellier videos - you don’t always get a clear indication of a players talent there are a lot of other factors in play 

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

For someone so weak to have played 16 times for the USA and had seasons in the Bundesliga, I’m surprised no one has noticed how crap he clearly is…..

Jozy Altidore has 115 USA caps and scored 2 goals in 72 games in the Premier League.

Josip Drmic played 7 seasons in the Bundesliga and scored 1 goal in 21 games in the Premier League. 

So where you going with this? 

3 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I still remember the hype surrounding the RVW and Julian Brellier videos - you don’t always get a clear indication of a players talent there are a lot of other factors in play 

So he could be one of the rare players to have been underhyped in a YouTube compilation? Well I hope so, because the two I've seen are really not flattering. 

So he could be one of the rare players to have been underhyped in a YouTube compilation? Well I hope so, because the two I've seen are really not flattering. 

Every chance with this regime - they’ve made Kenny McLean look like Pirlo the last few years 

23 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

One of the goals he scored in this video was with his left foot!! 😂.............

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Jozy Altidore has 115 USA caps and scored 2 goals in 72 games in the Premier League.

Josip Drmic played 7 seasons in the Bundesliga and scored 1 goal in 21 games in the Premier League. 

So where you going with this? 

Good to see you sitting on the fence/giving the guy a chance….writing a player off before he’s signed is a bit ridiculous 

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Good to see you sitting on the fence/giving the guy a chance….writing a player off before he’s signed is a bit ridiculous 

Hoping he doesn't sign as there may be better options is not ridiculous.

The £5m spent on Hugill looks like terrible business, we can't afford to get that position wrong again. Pukki will be finished at some point, and that may not be too far in the future, this big ticket striker signing needs to be a quality acquisition. 

I think it's ridiculous that a player who hasn't even put pen to paper on a Norwich City contract let alone turned out in yellow and green can be written off because of one statistic.

Because that's all it is isn't it? If this guy had a 1 in 3 record, we (including the - let's be honest here - detractors of this club who seem to get some kick out of mascarading as supporters) would be absolutely creaming our collective yellow and green pants now.

After all, he's 21 and commonly considered to have a lot of potential. Leads the line for a top 30 international side. Scored 7 last season playing out of position in a relegated side. Has defensive statistics that make Pukki look lazy. And is big and strong. The guy ticks a lot of boxes.

I have said repeatedly I'm a little reluctant on this one myself. But he's looking very likely to be joining and as such we should be giving him a chance. Not posting thread after thread bashing him. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 6

Sargent is regarded as lacking pace and dribbling skills to get past defenders. He has been playing on the right (and left) rather than being the main central striker. He is more defensive minded than a typical winger.

Edited by Thingy

I think the OP is confusing Sargent with his compatriot, Matthew Hoppe. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The £5m spent on Hugill looks like terrible business, we can't afford to get that position wrong again.

Really? His goals per minutes on the pitch last season is very good (a statistic you have just claimed is vitally important in assessing Sargent). He scored the goals that won us a couple of matches. I thought you sceptics were constantly berating the club for not spending a few million to reap the reward of £100m+ for promotion.  Farke is in no doubt that Hugill played a significant part in that promotion, but then, of course, he hadn't consulted you about that.

Frankly, if Webber and Farke think Sargent is worth bringing to the club then I'll back their judgement every time, given their track record. 

OP: if you can't remember a player that one-footed what about Stiepermann? He didn't use the right much at all.

I'm a bit underwhelmed at the notion of Sargent joining, but I'm only going off his marks on kicker. If he's got excellent workrate leading from the front along with some size and strength to hold the ball up though, then I can see why he's being brought in, especially if he's young.

Apparently Sargent uses his right foot for 79% of all touches with his feet. For comparison, the technically adroit Cantwell, uses his right foot for 91% of his touches. Pukki uses his right foot 80% of the time. I’m not a huge fan of Sargent, but I wouldn’t call him one footed. 

Below is an example of a rather fine finish with his left foot. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

WES  HOOLAHAN!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Apparently Sargent uses his right foot for 79% of all touches with his feet. For comparison, the technically adroit Cantwell, uses his right foot for 91% of his touches. Pukki uses his right foot 80% of the time. 

Let’s mix in Pukkis lack of heading ability too. Dreadful striker!

• Like 1