TeemuVanBasten

Hope Sargent isn't true.

On 06/08/2021 at 09:01, Bonzo said:

This guy was playing in a demoted German top tier side last year aged 21 and he played in all the attacking positions.

His ball retention is exceptional, he is fast, reasonably tall and offers a threat in the air and he also offers the capability to win turnover ball in very dangerous places. 

This is a player whom Farke could improve. He would be an upgrade on Hugill, has more positional nous than Idah and if we are interested then we would have scouted him properly and know about a weak foot (if he even has one) from having watched him for a lot more than 2 minutes on a YouTube video. 

He could be a very good fit for us as he can play anywhere in the front 4 positions in a 4231

Sounds like an excellent player, I'm guessing the flaw is that we don't play a 4231?

On 06/08/2021 at 11:48, Fuzzar said:

I'll probably regret it, but do please elucidate.

I'm guessing his failure to square the ball to Pukki a few weeks back has suitably demonstrated why I think idah lacks scruples?

On 06/08/2021 at 18:30, tricky974 said:

I thought we would sign someone like Georgios Giakoumakis who we were linked with previously, or someone of that Ilk,

And he went to Celtic for just £2.5m! 

On 07/08/2021 at 09:27, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I actually thought the other day that Sargent has a bit of Dirk Kuyt about him.

Nurse! 

On 09/08/2021 at 20:45, Ken Hairy said:

TvB is gutted right now no doubt.... 😏

Yep, and you?

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

There was a moment in the first half we're one of his controls went further than that shot last week. 

What do you want TvB a ****ing medal, a pat on the back, mummy to give you a kiss for being such a clever little boy? 

Nothing worse than cretins that love to gloat when we are failing. 🙄

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

What do you want TvB a ****ing medal, a pat on the back, mummy to give you a kiss for being such a clever little boy? 

Nothing worse than cretins that love to gloat when we are failing. 🙄

I'm right so often that people should probably start paying to attention to what I say.

I want to be known as the forum oracle Ken Hairy, a subforum named after me, and preferably a Gofundme - aim to fund a statue, but a bust will do. I want the letters HWRA after my name (He was right again), and to reserve the right to ask for more nice things somewhere down the line.

You, meanwhile, would have the letters TWIT after your name under my rule, and that isn't an acronym. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm right so often that people should probably start paying to attention to what I say.

I want to be known as the forum oracle Ken Hairy, a subforum named after me, and preferably a Gofundme - aim to fund a statue, but a bust will do. I want the letters HWRA after my name (He was right again), and to reserve the right to ask for more nice things somewhere down the line.

You, meanwhile, would have the letters TWIT after your name under my rule, and that isn't an acronym. 

You're  very fresh tonight TuB , what could have caused that?

16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yours would be 1 letter different, again not an acronym. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

You're  very fresh tonight TuB , what could have caused that?

I'm well slept, and Friday was pay day.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm well slept, and Friday was pay day.

I saw what you did there,  so sharp, you need to be careful you don't cut yourself .

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

I saw what you did there,  so sharp, you need to be careful you don't cut yourself .

Woah there.

I've got one chap saying stuff about my hard drives, and now comments like this.

The 25% are getting really desperate, I think I'll be logging off now. Bit shocked by this post.

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm about as popular as Daniel Farke judging by tonights poll.

Farke still got about 30 people wanting him, you can only dream of such figures.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Woah there.

I've got one chap saying stuff about my hard drives, and now comments like this.

The 25% are getting really desperate, I think I'll be logging off now. Bit shocked by this post.

Bit shocked? Really,?  a tough guy like you? One sniff........of  resistance and you  are departing?

13 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

In the period between August and October last year, you made three separate threads calling for the signings of Jordan Rhodes, Jack Wilshere and Lee Camp.

Context is everything Wacky.

Lee Camp short term contract, instead of the Nyland short term contract, when Barden was involved.

Rhodes who scored 7 Championship goals last season instead of Hugill who scored 3 goals last season (and has 1 in 10 this season so far)

Wilshire on a short term on modest wages meanwhile was suggested at a time when Rupp was getting minutes as a number 10. And I'd still rather take a punt on Wilshire over playing Rupp as a number 10, 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

18 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What do you think you are right about exactly?

Sargent has started 5 games in awful circumstances. He’s made 1 glaring miss otherwise has looked no worse than any other player, arguably better than most IMO.

Just now, Monty13 said:

What do you think you are right about exactly?

Sargent has started 5 games in awful circumstances. He’s made 1 glaring miss otherwise has looked no worse than any other player, arguably better than most IMO.

You are quoting a post that was clearly tongue in cheek.

But he doesn't look the sophisticated striker we needed this season to compete with, and eventually succeed, Teemu Pukki.

That said, at least we are finding a place on the pitch for this one, I'm more concerned about the £25m of talent we've got wasting away on the bench.

To be fair to TVB, quite a lot of the time he says the right thing in what people seem to think is the wrong way. We've had our run ins too, but in this case (Sargent) I see nothing to criticise him for. That first piece of abject control in yesterday's match almost set the tone - it was like a wall pass; almost like Sargent had never played before, and reminded me of the RVW ghost ball, it was so bad.

If Sargent starts against Leeds I will be utterly astonished.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Sargent would start for me with Rashicha and Tzolis either side.

Are we literally trying to break the record for lowest number of goals scored then?

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Are we literally trying to break the record for lowest number of goals scored then?

What not? Might as well ' win' something  this season.

If Sargent is the answer whatever was the question ?

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Context is everything Wacky.

Lee Camp short term contract, instead of the Nyland short term contract, when Barden was involved.

Rhodes who scored 7 Championship goals last season instead of Hugill who scored 3 goals last season (and has 1 in 10 this season so far)

Wilshire on a short term on modest wages meanwhile was suggested at a time when Rupp was getting minutes as a number 10. And I'd still rather take a punt on Wilshire over playing Rupp as a number 10, 

Hmm, your thread on Camp was actually when Krul was injured as you didn't trust McGovern, who subsequently did fine. I admit that I had reservations too, but Camp was never an upgrade on McGovern.

Rhodes scored more than Hugill but that's because he played more. Hugill's four goals were at a rate of one every 169 minutes, whereas Rhodes' seven were one every 213.

Wilshere was never a goer for many reasons, mainly because we didn't need him, even during our injury crisis.