Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

Villa fans angry at Cantwell's price tag

Their CEO did a video and he said that £100m for Grealish and replacing with Emi + Bailly + Ings was an attempt to improve the quality of their squad.

Sounded very much like the Grealish money had already been spent.

Also sounded like he had as good as signed for Man City ages ago, clearly they'd at least signalled their intent to trigger the release clause.

They don't need a replacement, they'll signed his replacements already.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Their CEO did a video and he said that £100m for Grealish and replacing with Emi + Bailly + Ings was an attempt to improve the quality of their squad.

Sounded very much like the Grealish money had already been spent.

Also sounded like he had as good as signed for Man City ages ago, clearly they'd at least signalled their intent to trigger the release clause.

They don't need a replacement, they'll signed his replacements already.

Out of likes so have a 👍

Now waiting for someone to say why  didn't we do that will Emis  sale.

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Lucky to get five million for him now. 

Lucky to get £750k for him considering he can sign a contract today with any club outside England for £0 transfer fee and then down tools until June.

• Like 2

Funny how it works out. Cantwell will probably get a move and end up tattooing his name on his forehead like Nile Ranger. Similarly he will end up playing 6th tier before he's 30.

Sad really, you must question the people around him. I know it's down to him but surely his friends and family should have had a word long ago.

Guy has deep problems and will probably be doing  Canary call in 5 years time.

Villa however I don't understand why less of our fans hate thier guts.

Lambert, Steer, unsettling Wessi, Emi and finally Smith.

Horrible tin pot team playing in West ham's colours.

4 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Funny how it works out. Cantwell will probably get a move and end up tattooing his name on his forehead like Nile Ranger. Similarly he will end up playing 6th tier before he's 30.

Sad really, you must question the people around him. I know it's down to him but surely his friends and family should have had a word long ago.

I think there's still a chance he'll grow up and be humbled and have a decent career.

I do think moving away from Norfolk/home may be what he needs though. It was certainly what Webber said he needed when he sent him off to Holland.

Next move is make or break, I put it at 50/50 on decent career versus flogging cars in an Audi showroom and doing Canary Call for night games.

Definitely not ever going to reach the level that he thought he was when he did his "I'm going to the top" tweet on Twitter. 

The reality is that he felt he'd made it long before he should have. I can remember hearing Darren Huckerby say that he'd encounter lots of young upstarts in football who would break into the team and act like they'd made it, Huckerby would tell them "let me know when you've played 150 games at this level and we'll talk about whether you've made it".

Interestingly Todd Cantwell at the age of almost 25 has only played 153. I don't think Huckerby would be telling him right now that he's "made it", I think he'd be telling him that he has it all left to prove.

Ironically Huckerby might have been a decent person to take him under his wing and mentor him, but was let go by the club.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

9 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

So basically Webber was wrong to sell Buendia for £35m and also wrong not to sell Todd for a massive fee when he had the chance.

Or perhaps it's easy to make perfect decisions with hindsight ?

Comparing Buendia to Cantwell is like comparing Champagne to Pomagne.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Ron Saunders?...... maybe I'm a little older..... but just as bitter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Ron Saunders?...... maybe I'm a little older..... but just as bitter. 

Well exactly my point!!! 

20 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Ask youself why Lambert and Steer exited to go to Villa when they did. Lambert was given no money to spend to build on an 11th place PL finish achieved using League 1 and loan players only.

Steer was a youth player who got offered a chance of first-team PL football behind Brad Guzan, and coached by Shay Given, and probably a decent package, so much so hat he is still there all these years later...! Lerner was the Aston Villa chairman at the time and they were likely paying a much tastier wage to their players than we were. 

De ja vu, a few years back Buendia reportedly nearly trebled his wage from moving from Norwich to Villa.

Also a club thats won the European Cup with a large following every week isn't tinpot. They might be stuck in the 80's and obsessed with previous endeavours like some Ipswich fans are, but they are not tinpot.

Edited by TheRock

7 hours ago, TheRock said:

Ask youself why Lambert and Steer exited to go to Villa when they did. Lambert was given no money to spend to build on an 11th place PL finish achieved using League 1 and loan players only.

Steer was a youth player who got offered a chance of first-team PL football behind Brad Guzan, and coached by Shay Given, and probably a decent package, so much so hat he is still there all these years later...! Lerner was the Aston Villa chairman at the time and they were likely paying a much tastier wage to their players than we were. 

De ja vu, a few years back Buendia reportedly nearly trebled his wage from moving from Norwich to Villa.

Also a club thats won the European Cup with a large following every week isn't tinpot. They might be stuck in the 80's and obsessed with previous endeavours like some Ipswich fans are, but they are not tinpot.

🙄🙄

Sorry Dean Smith. 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

10 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

🙄🙄

Sorry Dean Smith. 

Would the Real Deano please  stand  up, please stand up, please stand up.  

Cos all you other Deanos aint the Real Deano, so would the Real Deano please stand up