Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

Villa fans angry at Cantwell's price tag

Villa fans are obviously upset to lose JG to Man City for 100 million and suggest 40 million for Cantwell is a p1ss take. "biggest downgrade in history" they say

Edited by Mullet

It is. You could get Messi and pay him £400 thousand a week for 2 years and still have change. You just have to convince him that Birmingham is a better place to live than Barcelona 🤣

Wait until they find out Todd only eats marmalade sandwiches......allegedly.....

Edited by Mello Yello

Webber has stated we are in no financial situation to need to sell players this summer. Cantwell is also a homegrown player.

Why don’t they offer Messi a two year deal? Another winger, free agent, not proven in the Premier League but well proven in La Liga and the Champions League. That’s if even they can afford his what is it - £400k p/w salary? 🤣

Edited by HazzaJet

The first glimmer of unrest amongst Villa fans?

A tough gig for Emi and/or Todd to fill Grealish's boots, more so for Todd as he will be seen as the direct replacement.

You can just hear the taunts from opposition fans already when TC hits the deck in spectacular fashion like he tends to; "Your just a sh1t Jack Grealish, your just sh1t Jack Grealish".

Stay here Toddy lad, you can do better than Villa! 

• Like 1

Are we meant to feel sorry for Villa?  They’ve got £100m to spend, no one is making them look at Cantwell; there must be other players they can go after - some of them much better suited to replace their best player.

• Like 1

Villa have spent the money already on emi, Bailey and ings. 3 players at the loss of 1, and Jesus haven't they got decent players at that

Just now, Ward 3 said:

Villa have spent the money already on emi, Bailey and ings. 3 players at the loss of 1, and Jesus haven't they got decent players at that

Precisely my thinking. Really balanced front line if they gel quickly.

Why should we "only" ask for £40M? They've just sold someone for £100M, we have no need to sell Cantwell - we should rinse them.

We all know the deal was done a long time ago. Media hyping it up as its the biggest fee for a British player and all the rest of the BS they've harped on about. I'm pleased to see we have made signings, and some decent ones at that and linked with Sargent and tzolis being very close.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Precisely my thinking. Really balanced front line if they gel quickly.

Don’t know what they whinging about they got emi for very generous knockdown price. Still think we undersold him by at least another 10m ….looking at what other players are going for … anyway we need him more than they do we should tell them to do one end of 

Edited by Wirecanary
  • Like 1

2 weeks before the season starts, what do they think is going to happen, a red carpet laid out for them to come and get him?

Edited by AJ

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Well then don't buy him. Simples.

Just been on their forum it seems the villa fans don't rate Cantwell. Some see him as a bench warmer

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

A tough gig for Emi and/or Todd to fill Grealish's boots, more so for Todd as he will be seen as the direct replacement.

You can just hear the taunts from opposition fans already when TC hits the deck in spectacular fashion like he tends to; "Your just a sh1t Jack Grealish, your just sh1t Jack Grealish".

Their club state that they have his replacements already in the building.

I can’t engage in this debate. 
My judgements are clouded, and I cannot comprehend the feelings of humans from Birmingham.

Why? I’ve been fuming at the price tag of a Freddo for years.

Still didn’t stop me buying one, when I really, really wanted one.

• Like 1

So they signed Emi as one replacement (of the three) before they knew Grealish was going ? 
Sounds more like they were spending the Grealish money before it became public.

I would still expect them to enquire about Todd. After that it’s down to what happens . If Todd wants to go , and Villa stump up the £40m - he’s off.  

If what they are saying is true, then do they have that sort of money left? Over £80m on that trio already.

They offered a paltry £25m for Ward-Prowse.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Most Villa fans are over the moon with the business from what I've seen. Obviously they are very sad to see him go but for that kind of money how can you say no? They've got a serious chance to build a very good squad to challenge towards the top of the table. They might have massively overachieved last season, but they'll be up there again this season now without a doubt. They've made some very good signings and that's all before this new massive cash injection. Very exciting times to be a Villa fan, I've not heard one iota about unrest, at least from genuine villa fans.

And let's not forget Grealish actually missed a decent chunk of last season, only playing 90 minutes once since the middle of February 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AJ said:

And let's not forget Grealish actually missed a decent chunk of last season, only playing 90 minutes once since the middle of February 

And Villa were a much weaker side because of it. Will be a very interesting season for Villa, they’ve undoubtedly recruited well and if they can gel quickly, it should be a successful season with the attacking talent they now have. However I don’t rate Smith and think he could be the first manager to get sacked if they don’t make a decent start.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

And Villa were a much weaker side because of it. Will be a very interesting season for Villa, they’ve undoubtedly recruited well and if they can gel quickly, it should be a successful season with the attacking talent they now have. However I don’t rate Smith and think he could be the first manager to get sacked if they don’t make a decent start.

I'd argue a Villa side with Ings, Bailey and Buendia in it are overall better equipped than the side last season with Grealish in it. Yes he has lots of skill and ability to change games, but so do all three of those new signings.

Grealish leaving will put added pressure on Emi and disgruntled Villa fans will soon be on his back unless Emi becomes exceptional.  same goes for Todd if he goes there.  Lets fleece them. 

They want us to apply the 'we're all butthurt because we lost Grealish' discount. 

He's that expensive because we don't want to sell. Keep your money.

57 minutes ago, AJ said:

I'd argue a Villa side with Ings, Bailey and Buendia in it are overall better equipped than the side last season with Grealish in it. Yes he has lots of skill and ability to change games, but so do all three of those new signings.

We shall see and it will be interesting. For Villa the situation is analogous to us but lower down the food chain. They see Buendia as a step down on Grealish but have added numbers. On this board Rashica is seen as a step down in class on Buendia but it looks like we are adding numbers. Fascinating really.