Sign in to follow this  
Dave_O

Brian Kidd...

...No, not for manager.  He''s over his jimmy dancer trouble and wants to get back into coaching - might just freshen things up?!

Very good shout - someone tell the Board!!

Seriously, it is well worth us approaching him, he never cut it as manager (from memory) but as a coach he was top class! If we MUST keep Worthy then sack the other two donkeys and get Kidd in (or similar) to do the tracksuit stuff.

Best of all get rid of all three, recruit Kidd as stop gap. He knows dozens of people in the game and would surely know of the next Boothroyd who could be manager.  

The whole management team needs to go: Foley, Livermore and Worthington - we need a fresh start.  No more hard work, no flicks and tricks, blame the creative players but never the workhorses nonsense.  By hiring Brian Kidd the board would be admitting that that is where the problem lies, so instead of solving the problem at its core, they would just be pussying round the issue....  another man whom would need to be sacked as and when worthy does leave if the new man doesnt want them.

He was (is) a very good coach, but a rotten manager. My dream team? Martin O''Neill and possibly Brian Kidd. Seriously, I''d break the bank to get O''Neill here, if he was in the market for a job. What''s the value of a manager compared to a player? If you feel (as a lot of you do) that it''s all the manager''s fault when things go wrong, shouldn''t we invest more in a manager than we do in any player? I think we should, if we can get the best that way. And if O''Neill wants to get back into football, and he''s already written himself off the Newcastle shortlist, the England job may well be too high-pressure and too exposed. Get after him... NOW.

O''Neil, What a great shout but i dont think he would come back! He has the taste for big things and imsure if he were looking its more likley him going to Newcastle/England.

Imagine that Martin O''Neil and John Robertson with the group of players we have. He would get Eadie out of retirment and back playing agian. The man has magic! Maybe a call to Chris Sutton? That would be good. Sutton and Earnshaw!

Only in my dreams

[quote user="SE London Canary"]

O''Neil, What a great shout but i dont think he would come back! He has the taste for big things and imsure if he were looking its more likley him going to Newcastle/England.

Imagine that Martin O''Neil and John Robertson with the group of players we have. He would get Eadie out of retirment and back playing agian. The man has magic! Maybe a call to Chris Sutton? That would be good. Sutton and Earnshaw!

Only in my dreams

[/quote]nice one, he could even entice savage and izzet here.  any other o''neill old boys that could do a job for city?

Matt Elliott- Strong, good in the air.

Tony Cottee- Great last time he was here.

Spencer Prior- Great last time he was here.

Steve Walsh- Also great last time he was here.

Gerry Taggart- Big and strong.

So as you can see, a great imporvement of our squad.