Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

So are we allowed to laugh at Villa?

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

You dont think trebling+ his wages had anything to do with it

I love my job, and am on a good whack, but if someone offers to triple my money tomorrow, I'm off. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Why do people always say this when players move to bigger clubs? The mind boggles.

Anyway, Villa have just signed Danny Ings for £30m, which has come out of nowhere. So that's Buendia for £33m, Bailey for £30m, Ings for £30m and probably one more to come with the Grealish money.

It will be interesting to see how they fit both Ings and Watkins into their plans.

That list shows that Grealish is on his way and not much cash left!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Why do people always say this when players move to bigger clubs? The mind boggles.

Anyway, Villa have just signed Danny Ings for £30m, which has come out of nowhere. So that's Buendia for £33m, Bailey for £30m, Ings for £30m and probably one more to come with the Grealish money.

It will be interesting to see how they fit both Ings and Watkins into their plans.

It scuppers my fantasy football team, that's for sure, I had them both in there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone was waiting for the Grealish deal to complete in order to unlock all the otger deals. A bit like a housing chain. I think we will see our new signings come in pretty quickly now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Does that mean we can laugh at Southampton instead?

One of their supporters told me they are skint and they couldn't afford Williams loan money.

They have to sell first just like us and are desperate to keep hold of Ward Prowse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Difference is Grealish has gone to win things at Man City , Buendia will win f*ck all at Villa and only went for the money.

Felt that it was odd then that he threw his lot in and scurried off to Villa at the earliest opportnity this summer, and that was before they sold their best player/captain

Could/should have gone somewhere better

I don’t think Buendia has gone solely for the money. If Grealish went to Man City it would be to win silverware, as Villa are reportedly offering him a new £200k p/w contract. I think Buendia has also gone in the hope of getting capped for Argentina, as he’s said wants to play for his country. Also the possibility of playing in Europe, as I think Villa stand a high chance of qualifying for it this season, even without Grealish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

I don’t think Buendia has gone solely for the money. If Grealish went to Man City it would be to win silverware, as Villa are reportedly offering him a new £200k p/w contract. I think Buendia has also gone in the hope of getting capped for Argentina, as he’s said wants to play for his country. Also the possibility of playing in Europe, as I think Villa stand a high chance of qualifying for it this season, even without Grealish

Odd then given Emi was called up to the Argies while he was still with us then..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Does that mean we can laugh at Southampton instead?

Yes, I believe we can, more in a relieved sense though. Them losing Ings to Villa must hurt them a lot more than us on losing Buendia. 

If Villa now go and buy Cantwell though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

One of their supporters told me they are skint and they couldn't afford Williams loan money.

They have to sell first just like us and are desperate to keep hold of Ward Prowse.

I've heard that too. I think you can add Southampton and Palace to the possible relegation prospects. 

About too for the saints as they sent many of their local businesses into receiveaship a few years back when they declared bankruptcy, then 3 years later they were a Premier League side once again! 

Anyway, to be fair to Villa, if they get Emi, Bailey, Ings and Cantwell for £30m more than the Grealish income then you have to say that it's a great bit of business for them. 

Dean Smith best deliver quickly or he may be the first Premier League manager to lose his job?! 

 

Edited by Sideshow Tim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Odd then given Emi was called up to the Argies while he was still with us then..

Yes, but why was it only at the end of the season when he’d won both our and the Championship POTS awards? He wasn’t playing at a high enough level, to play for Argentina you need to be playing in the PL, preferably in the Champions/Europa leagues as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HazzaJet said:

Yes, but why was it only at the end of the season when he’d won both our and the Championship POTS awards? He wasn’t playing at a high enough level, to play for Argentina you need to be playing in the PL, preferably in the Champions/Europa leagues as well

Erm. We are in the premier league although you wouldn’t know it at times we way we regard players moving to Villa as a step up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not sure if its classed as sporting or not. But boy, seeing them all cry about 'losing our best player'

 

Think 'now you know what it feels like' sums it up well

This topic makes us Norwich fans looks like pathetic cry babies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Villa are buying well. Have they stopped spending ? Could be a big worry for Tottenham and Arsenal. Along with Everton and Leicester the Top 6 now not guaranteed. Pressure on Dean Smith

Tottenham and Arsenal will be wanting the European Super League back on

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Erm. We are in the premier league although you wouldn’t know it at times we way we regard players moving to Villa as a step up!

Surely you’d agree that Villa stand a much higher chance of doing better than us this season, possibly making Europe as well? I think he stands a better chance of playing for his country at Villa than at us, as I think they are a stronger PL team than us

Edited by HazzaJet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wouldn't surprise me if Villa struggled .  Losing Grealish could have a deflating effect throughout the club. Their fans seemed cook a hoop at the prospect of Grealish/Buendia and expected to move up a level this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TalkSport did a bit on him yesterday while I was listening. I know they deliberately pick polarising views, but Villa 'fans' calling him a 'Snake' (and worse) for wanting to go to Man City is laughable. I hope Villa struggle without him and Man City struggle to fit him in, basically any small margin to help us survive. Like EB going to Villa, bitter pill to swallow, but he's not a snake, and it's not being a bad sport wanting him to fail at an opposing club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

TalkSport did a bit on him yesterday while I was listening. I know they deliberately pick polarising views, but Villa 'fans' calling him a 'Snake' (and worse) for wanting to go to Man City is laughable. I hope Villa struggle without him and Man City struggle to fit him in, basically any small margin to help us survive. Like EB going to Villa, bitter pill to swallow, but he's not a snake, and it's not being a bad sport wanting him to fail at an opposing club.

I was listening to a bit of Talksport yesterday evening and I agree, some of those Villa fans should be ashamed of themselves but I do believe it's a tiny minority.

Apparently Villa have offered Grealish more than he has on offer at Man City to stay at the club, but he has turned it down as he wants to win trophies. Fair play to him, and it dispels this myth that players only move to bigger clubs for the money, as has been said about Buendia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Erm. We are in the premier league although you wouldn’t know it at times we way we regard players moving to Villa as a step up!

Southampton just sold their top striker to Villa....they're an 'established' prem club.

So, what's your point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yes, I believe we can, more in a relieved sense though. Them losing Ings to Villa must hurt them a lot more than us on losing Buendia. 

If Villa now go and buy Cantwell though...

Southampton Forum says Hassenhutl fell out with Ings. Ings wanted a Top 4 move but no-one came 😆 - so figures he went for the money. Shades of Grabban.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/08/2021 at 19:06, Terminally Yellow said:

How surprising is that though?

You spend £35m on Buendia, £30m on Bailey, however much Ings has cost (have seen on twitter figures of £30m bandied around) and expected to spend £50m more at least - isn't surprise replaced by expectation? 

Considering plenty of people on here have been reacting to Emi's transfer to Villa as a sideways or even backwards move, yes I think Villa will surprise those people this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Villa must have spent the majority of the Grealish money?

I'm starting to live in hope that £40m + nearly £4m a year on wages is not good value and they'll pass!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Thumbbass said:

I hope Villa struggle without him and Man City struggle to fit him in, basically any small margin to help us survive. 

Yes it would be great if we could pip Man City to 17th place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would anyone laugh at Villa. They're probably going to challenge for the top 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

Why would anyone laugh at Villa. They're probably going to challenge for the top 6.

Without Grealish they'll be upper mid table. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Without Grealish they'll be upper mid table. 

Even if that's true, still not laughable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

I don’t think Buendia has gone solely for the money. If Grealish went to Man City it would be to win silverware, as Villa are reportedly offering him a new £200k p/w contract. I think Buendia has also gone in the hope of getting capped for Argentina, as he’s said wants to play for his country. Also the possibility of playing in Europe, as I think Villa stand a high chance of qualifying for it this season, even without Grealish

I do not see Aston Villa as being the catalyst to getting capped by Argentina, he was called up to their squad (I know he was not capped) whilst playing for Norwich in the Championship, so presumably staying at Norwich and playing in the Premier League (and playing well) would have resulted in another call up and possibly a cap. Aston Villa look capable of pushing for a Europa League place but their is no guarantee they will actually achieve that goal...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

Even if that's true, still not laughable

I never said it wasn't. I'd take that every day of the week and twice on Sunday for Norwich. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...