Or should I put Bu-who?

From what I saw tonight, we have replaced him well and our midfield is going to have a lot of quality in it this season, with new heroes to look forward to seeing.  Already love Lees-Melou and Gilmour and Cantwell looks as if he will be even better this season.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Or should I put Bu-who?

From what I saw tonight, we have replaced him well and our midfield is going to have a lot of quality in it this season, with new heroes to look forward to seeing.  Already love Lees-Melou and Gilmour and Cantwell looks as if he will be even better this season.

Some sexy football from the highlights but the opponents were Gillingham. When we turn some Premier league teams over will be the time to make that statement. 

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Or should I put Bu-who?

It's Gillingham. 

20 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Or should I put Bu-who?

Utterly ridiculous statement... Buendia will be massively missed..32 assists or goals. It was Gillingham who were 14th in League One last season. Far too soon to make silly sweeping statements. Think we are at least 4 players light.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I know it was just Gillingham but if you can't see positives after tonight, then you never will.

Did not say I could not see positives (can't you see the Cantwell, Gilmour, PLM quote..please don't make up stuff) but we will 100% miss Buendia and this squad is not strong enough yet,  if you can't see that then you are still as stupidly optimistic as you were about survival last time we were in the top flight. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Believe it or not but there is a difference in quality between a rotated 3rd division side with 16 year old trailists in the mix and Liverpool/Man cities 1st team squad

Waters wet 

Can see the point the OP was trying to make 

Difficult to assess during a friendly but I thought our passing and moving was outstanding our work rate given gillingham were a week ahead of us was excellent and looks like PLM and Gilmour have been playing for the team for years 

always air on the side of caution for friendlies but if we play like that this season we will cause a few teams some issues 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Or should I put Bu-who?

Trying to deduce anything like this in a pre-season friendly versus Gillingham is extremely premature Lakey, no offence. 

Similarly, I'm sure if another poster wrote off one of our new players based on a single poor performance in a similar fixture they would be rightly called out for it. 

You will get much less stick for the OP as at least you are being positive about the current crop of players, but it really is equal levels of prematurity...