Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

WHERE IS DRUNKEN DELIA NOW?

so where is mrs smith now? its time for in her words "lets be havin you" and saying why we are subjected to this s*** week in week out. ive parted with hard earned cash and get that why? its time to act delia so come on "LETS BE HAVIN YOU!"

and no i havent been drinking, although i could be by the end of the nite!

Probably having a drink with her best mate - Nigel.   I remember when she was on Canary Radio with Chase telling him how the fans were fed up with him and how she was a fan. The wheel has turned full circle - she''s wasting the clubs money propping up her cronies.   Time for a rethink Delia - your dream team has turned into a nightmare.

What the devil has Delia got to do with this ?    before you go insulting  her as " drunken " ,  you might  reflect that she`s  handed over  MILLIONS  of her hard earned cash   to the club ! 

Quite right baldy! She was quite prepared to put her face all over the club etc... when we were doing well. She would frequently pop into the snake pit before a game and during! So where is she hiding now that it is all going wrong? She seems to like the publicity in the good times but happy to let others deal with it during the bad!

Come on lets be havin you delia!

[quote user="premier1"]You will not see her about now , glory seeking publicity hunter who is the main reason Worthless is manager and we are going downhill.[/quote] Bit harsh that! She''s clearly loves the club - maybe too much to be in such an important position where she has to make ruthless decisions!!

"...unless delia acts, she runs the risk of splitting the fans."

That happened a while ago, LGT. The (physical) fighting between our own fans today, plus the demonstration, shows how bad it''s become. I''ve looked on 4 different message boards this evening and there must have been about 3 or 4 posts supporting Worthington out of a couple of hundred. As you say, she''s way behind the curve of fans'' opinion.

Things are heading rapidly towards a Chase-like situation. In the same way that Worthington''s solitary achievement is not relevant now, Delia''s millions to the Club will be forgotten if she doesn''t act soon and fire Worthington. I, for one, would rather have a Club with a manager with tactics and transfer ''nouse'' than one who can''t spend money wisely or build a team with flair and spirit.

Delia''s gambling that, because she''s holding the purse strings, the fans won''t turn on her. She''s in for a real shock.      

[quote user="sheded"]What the devil has Delia got to do with this ?    before you go insulting  her as " drunken " ,  you might  reflect that she`s  handed over  MILLIONS  of her hard earned cash   to the club !  [/quote]

and she will get it back when she moves on, as i''m sure she would not sell her 51% share of the club for nothing

i was saying to my dad when i eventually got home yesterday that If we''d of won.. Delia would of been infront of the sky Camera''s smiling away saying how its going th be a long road to the premiership"

when it goes right shes never off TV.. when it goes wrong she hides....

Where are u delia???? or is not the bed of roses u hope it would always be anymore???? u have totake the rough with the smooth...

either a statement of support for Worthers unoriginal or a Vote of Confidence (traditional kiss of death) Lets be Avin u! do your job!

jas :)

[quote user="j slat"]

[quote user="sheded"]What the devil has Delia got to do with this ?    before you go insulting  her as " drunken " ,  you might  reflect that she`s  handed over  MILLIONS  of her hard earned cash   to the club !  [/quote]

and she will get it back when she moves on, as i''m sure she would not sell her 51% share of the club for nothing

[/quote]

Delia , like any share holder  ,  risks losing   a considerable fortune if the share prices fall  !  thats the name of the game ..... 

Its totally out of order to bad mouth  Delia on this board  !   its little short of slander  to portray her as " Drunken "   ,   apart from anything else its sheer guesswork   that she could sway the board to keep Nigel !   there`s no evidence that she involves herself   in the day to day football side of the club , ie  meddle in  things outside of her  knowledge ,  she didn`t earn her pile by being stupid !! 

For all her public persona, she''s no fool. She''s a hard-nosed businesswoman, who, with her husband, has being making millions out of telling Britain what to buy at Sainsbury''s. I think she does have it in her to be ruthless, and I think she deserves some respect. I think she''s wrong, I think Worthington''s time is more than up, but part of me hopes she''s right and that at the end of next season when we''re running around with the Championship trophy again, we''ll be thanking the lord that she kept her nerve. Let''s face it, sacking Worthington is actually the easy decision. I know it doesn''t make for a lively debate, but can''t we disagree with her and still respect her?

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

"...unless delia acts, she runs the risk of splitting the fans."

That happened a while ago, LGT. The (physical) fighting between our own fans today, plus the demonstration, shows how bad it''s become. I''ve looked on 4 different message boards this evening and there must have been about 3 or 4 posts supporting Worthington out of a couple of hundred. As you say, she''s way behind the curve of fans'' opinion.

[/quote]didn''t realise fans arguments had turned into fights.  was chanting worthy out passing the players entrance and got into an argument with a worthy inner, whose only point of view was to recall what worthy had done for city and then start to call us pathetic and name call when she couldn''t respond to our point of view.  lets just say, as i walked away from the game, there was more worthy out calls than anything else.  the last thing true supporters want is to see city disunited, that is bad for the club period.

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="j slat"]

[/quote]

Delia , like any share holder  ,  risks losing   a considerable fortune if the share prices fall  !  thats the name of the game ..... 

Its totally out of order to bad mouth  Delia on this board  !   its little short of slander  to portray her as " Drunken "   ,   apart from anything else its sheer guesswork   that she could sway the board to keep Nigel !   there`s no evidence that she involves herself   in the day to day football side of the club , ie  meddle in  things outside of her  knowledge ,  she didn`t earn her pile by being stupid !! 

[/quote]delia will not loose a load of money because she can sell her shares for what she wants.

the price cant fall because we are not a plc .

she should stop hideing and come out and say thanks nigel but anough is anough.

A lot of what''s on this thread is crap, and pig-ignorant. She doesn''t hide - she was in Sheringham last week facing questions from anyone who felt strongly enough to turn up. The price she''d get for her shares - IF she sells - is linked directly to the performance of the Club, including all its outside activities. But the football side is the big risk in all of that, and can easily see off any profit generated by external income if goes wrong. It''s stupid and cowardly to start a thread with a title like that. I admit, I''m elderly and old-fashioned enough to feel strongly that you don''t treat a lady like that.

On the other post, Baldyboy seems to be bemoaning the lack of respect and manners that exists among football supporters these days, then follows it up with a title like this one. Classic! I assume that it is a conscious joke, if not your hypocracy is staggering.

[quote user="Robert in Manila"]For all her public persona, she''s no fool. She''s a hard-nosed businesswoman, who, with her husband, has being making millions out of telling Britain what to buy at Sainsbury''s. I think she does have it in her to be ruthless, and I think she deserves some respect. I think she''s wrong, I think Worthington''s time is more than up, but part of me hopes she''s right and that at the end of next season when we''re running around with the Championship trophy again, we''ll be thanking the lord that she kept her nerve. Let''s face it, sacking Worthington is actually the easy decision. I know it doesn''t make for a lively debate, but can''t we disagree with her and still respect her?[/quote]

Top post Robert.

I think too many of us forget that for all her "I love City" image, scarf on hanging out with the Snakepit boys, she IS not doing this for charity.

It''s a shame that it''s come to this - name calling is not the cleverest way of challenging her - she''s hardly going to respond to that is she...?   I too think that she is in danger of misjudging the fans feelings but she is clearly aware of what is going on - she can hardly ignore the discontent on matchdays can she?

Just a few points - and I am an old boy too.

The share prices are not tied to the fortunes of the football club but rather to the real estate values which I would suggest are increasing nicely.  Delia hasn''t actually given the Club anything she''s loaned it or bought shares.  In return shes had a lot of publicity - mostly good (until her ravings on the pitch) and a whole load of jollys which we don''t get.  Its not that difficult to change the Board if you are the majority shareholders - if necessary call an EGM and vote them off.  To the guy who objects to'' Drunken'' Delia - are you saying she was sober when she made an exhibition of herself on the pitch - if so its even worse.

Its time the Board/Nigel/Chief Executive put up or shut up - by which I mean they should come out with a concrete plan as to how this current fiasco is going to be turned around or they should go. I''m sick of being told to be patient, stand tall or keep the faith - I want to know what is being done and by whom.

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="j slat"]

[/quote]

[/quote]did you see her half time rant at man city? she was either drunken or she belongs in a very heavily padded room. so i think your being slanderous because that was either the effects of alcohol or the effects of madness. are you calling the cook mad?

As much as I want Worthy Out, I cannot bring myself to personally attack anyone. Delia, in my own opinion is misguided, but fiercely loyal to Mr Worthington, and risks damaging the club''s position both in the league and the fan friendly personna it''s worked so hard for since Chase departed.

If she cannot see that this season has been nothing short of dismal and that a great many fans think it''s time for a change of management, she will do shortly, however it''s not on to call her drunk or stupid.  She, like every single City fan is entitled to their opinion - it shouldn''t get so bitter we resort to name calling - though I do concede many angry fans will do this. 

She is in a position of power and those at the top sometimes have to make uncomfortable decisions, yes, of course we might all in three seasons'' time thank her for keeping Mr Worthington, but that is such a long shot!  I think that given this season as a whole, it''s more than halfway over, most of us can clearly see that the team is going nowhere, there have been many no shows, the tactics are not working etc, etc.

fleggy - you make it sound as if Mr and Mrs Delia Smith have made money for nothing. In that case, you and all the other snipers have missed out on a great opportunity to get rich AND play at football club owners (God help us). If it was that safe a bet, you''re an idiot not to have got in there first. No, the truth is it was a massive financial risk - and probably still is despite the Board having made apparently good use of the Club''s assets to improve the balance sheet. If they were to asset-strip and pocket the proceeds, then there''d be a cause for complaint, but they show no sign of doing that. It seems to me that they''ve invested what they''ve made in the Club, and that''s what the Club''s non-football assets should be for.

And as for Delia''s "rant" - were you there? Or did you just see the television coverage? I was there, and it seemed to me just the action you''d hope for from a Director who was really committed to the Club, not just to its assets. I''m sorry if you were embarrassed. Well,  I''m not really - you deserve it.

[quote user="fleggy"]

Just a few points - and I am an old boy too.

The share prices are not tied to the fortunes of the football club but rather to the real estate values which I would suggest are increasing nicely.  Delia hasn''t actually given the Club anything she''s loaned it or bought shares.  In return shes had a lot of publicity - mostly good (until her ravings on the pitch) and a whole load of jollys which we don''t get.  Its not that difficult to change the Board if you are the majority shareholders - if necessary call an EGM and vote them off.  To the guy who objects to'' Drunken'' Delia - are you saying she was sober when she made an exhibition of herself on the pitch - if so its even worse.

Its time the Board/Nigel/Chief Executive put up or shut up - by which I mean they should come out with a concrete plan as to how this current fiasco is going to be turned around or they should go. I''m sick of being told to be patient, stand tall or keep the faith - I want to know what is being done and by whom.

[/quote]

In answer to you Fleggy,   Delia is in exactly the same position  as myself    regarding   shares ,  she just has more of them !  thats why she`s called the majority shareholder  , so she didn`t loan the club cash [ as has been suggested ]   she bought shares  , and takes the risk that they might  suddenly become [ dare I say it ? ] worthless !     NCFC can hardly be called  " blue chip "   ,  Leeds and Forest    are just two examples   of what could happen  !   

As to this " drunken "  thing  , what  is it with some of you ?   have you never  been just a teensy weensy  bit  plastered ?   is she , not even once , allowed  to let it all hang out  ?   I would call anybody a liar who says  they`ve never made a prat of themselves in public  ,  so for Fs`s sake come down from that pulpit !!

Sheded - The real estate that the Club owns is in a high price area -there ain''t much risk and you aren''t the only one with shares. She actually has loaned the Club money as well so you clearly are a bit missing on the knowledge front.   Yesmost of us have got slushed but maybe not as spectactularly as she did.In any case the thread is about where is she now - very visible when the going is good but now ??? see she sent Roger out today to make his normal appeal.

Old Boy- same remarks to you - yes I was there no I''m not embarrased - she should be.  Remember how she slagged off Robert Chase when he was here - what she dished out then she will have to take now.

again it would seem people read more into a post than what is started. when i started this i meant as some of you have observed, quite correctly too, that she soon wanted the fans to get behind her and her club and management team and called for us to get behind them. all i was saying was now the chips are down delia is rather quiet and as a lot of us are saying is we would like to know HER feelings about this sad state this club is in. she was quick to call on us but never once has she come out and said what is going on, instead all the other cronies like doncaster, munby and worthless are making statements. all i want is her to say what she thinks about city at the moment, is that too much to ask. i even wrote to her asking this very thing nearly two weeks ago but i still await a response by letter. they are quick enough to ask for my money for new season ticket i just want a few questions answered before i part with the cash! thats not too much to ask is it?