Forestofdeancanary

Billing, William's, Carter Vickers & Tzolis for the fullhous

Would you be happy if we could get these 4 over the line?   Plus keep Cantwell & Arrons.  For me that would be a good summers works and a stronger squad than last time in the Premier 

Billing - Meh,

Williams - Only if Max went, would certainly prefer Max.

Carter Vickers - No

Tzolis - I can't say that I've watched him but there is definitely excitement around him, I feel we needed to move quick to secure him, apparent interest from Ajax and Dortmund they gazump us for sure.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Billing - Meh,

Williams - Only if Max went, would certainly prefer Max.

Carter Vickers - No

Tzolis - I can't say that I've watched him but there is definitely excitement around him, I feel we needed to move quick to secure him, apparent interest from Ajax and Dortmund they gazump us for sure.

Yeah, Billings is more of a box-to-box sort, and we've already got Lees-Melou for that, and indeed McLean. I'd take Carter-Vickers as a back-up option at best, he's not an improvement. Much prefer Tuanzebe.

Those who would be unhappy at the above transfers, how much more are you expecting between now and the end of the window? Or would you prefer to see us strengthen elsewhere instead (centre back, upfront)?

To be honest, I'd be impressed if Webber can pull off significantly better than the 4 mentioned working with just whatever is left over from the Buendia money.

In fact you'd think the Billing and Tzolis signings alone would represent a substantial chunk of whatever is left right now. 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 2

Carter Vickers for cheap would be a good back up option, Williams is good but seems like a waste of a loan spot since he'll have a battle on to oust Max and Dimi, Billing would be a terrific signing to bring energy to the middle of the park and Tzolis looks really promising and the sort of exciting signing you get to the Premier league for.

Would rather we used the prem loan somewhere else to maybe get Skipp or another DM option but maybe there just isn't the availability at the moment.

Still feels like there's a long way to go with this window yet.

Just questioning some of the logic here.

Carter-Vickers - £5m: "No because he isn't better than anything we already have" - do we honestly believe Ajer is better than what we already have? I think £5m is fine. If he is only as good as Gibson, or Hanley and is 23, that seems a good investment to me. He's been a part of a solid Bournemouth side, people were mentioning CB's that had done well in the Champ, he's one of them and if £5m is true, it's unlikely others will come at such a good value and be only 23.

Tzolis - €11m: He's 19, will already have an understanding with Giannoulis and is young enough to adapt under the tutelage of Farke who has proven time and time again, that when it comes to cutting diamonds, he is a master craftsman. Sure, it's a gamble and a fairly large chunk of money, but he's young and quick and creative.

Billing - £15m: This one is a little more iffy to me, it seems we are keen but all of the local press suggest we have moved on. I suspect we'll only see this one actually happen if Max/Cantwell go. I'm also not sure why people would be happy with Skipp yet are demanding a physically imposing DM... Skipp is anything but that.

Williams - £2m loan: We are short in the full back areas. We have three players in Giannoulis, Aarons and Mumba. The latter of which hasn't had a lot of game time and is still relatively young. Byram isn't there yet, Giannoulis had a knock didn't he? We could be looking at Aarons and Mumba starting Vs Liverpool. Needs must perhaps. Certainly looks a good prospect and has no fear of getting stuck in and can use both feet - his highlights on youtube demonstrate he can be neat and tidy. No worse an option than we have been linked to as of yet. Certainly more of a back up for LB which we currently would only be putting players out of position.

No.
Those four potential signings suggest to me that Cantwell and Aaron’s are going nowhere this transfer window.

Out of the four only Tzolis excites me.

I want to see Pereira and Harit signed up.

1 minute ago, Yellow Green Army said:

No.
Those four potential signings suggest to me that Cantwell and Aaron’s are going nowhere this transfer window.

Absolutely no chance of Pereira coming here - will be at least £20m imo

Harit - no actual link to us apart from one message in this forum from an anonymous poster - hardly concrete

But then Rashica/lees Melou came from nowhere so reckon there could be some more like this

3 hours ago, Forestofdeancanary said:

Would you be happy if we could get these 4 over the line?   Plus keep Cantwell & Arrons.  For me that would be a good summers works and a stronger squad than last time in the Premier 

we could even sign them, if that is not too an old fashioned way of putting it 😏

otherwise Billing and CV no - I'm sure we can find better players from outside of the UK for the same money

Would Williams want to be an 'understudy' to Giannuolis or Aarons - out on loan is to get games played I would have thought

People still believe we’re shopping with an open choice! The reality even if we could afford a hell of a lot better, we wouldn’t pay the wages, these guys being talked about are in our market and all young enough to benefit from our fantastic coaching to develop them into far better players.

I don’t think we could ever afford to pay Skipp’s wages, I’m sure he’s on a damn site more money than we’d ever pay! Billing isn’t convinced on coming here that says it all! I’d be happy with all four, decent age and bags of potential!

• Like 2

Cartervickers a few years ago maybe, but not now. No better than what we have, I’d rather just integrate Klose into the squad as our 5th choice.

Williams would only make sense if Aaron’s is off, we’ve got Mumba who has proved to be a solid option, plus Sorensen and hopefully eventually Byram making a comeback 

Billings is okay, but I wouldn’t want us spending too much on him, would be a make up numbers signing rather than a big improvement. Skipp is going to leave a big hole whoever we sign though.

Tzolis sounds like a great prospect, but also sounds like they want more than we’re willing to pay

24 minutes ago, Indy said:

People still believe we’re shopping with an open choice! The reality even if we could afford a hell of a lot better, we wouldn’t pay the wages, these guys being talked about are in our market and all young enough to benefit from our fantastic coaching to develop them into far better players.

I don’t think we could ever afford to pay Skipp’s wages, I’m sure he’s on a damn site more money than we’d ever pay! Billing isn’t convinced on coming here that says it all! I’d be happy with all four, decent age and bags of potential!

Yep as I see it Indy 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

No.

😂

I'd be more excited by Messi and Ronaldo but you know... some players we have actually been linked with, others we haven't.

Pereira is interesting bigger teams than us and the numbers quoted are more than we'd be prepared to spend. If we're going to play that game then it is no wonder none of the others excite you.

For what it's worth, there is a cut off for these things too. Armstrong, for example, would 'excite' us perhaps, but for me, it would be depending upon the price. If Blackburn are truly after £25m and get that from Southampton, I'd say good luck to them and hope it works out. I don't think he is a £25m player, at least not yet.

I prefer to be excited by what happens on the pitch. Wolf excited some folks. Turned out it was more pipe dream than reality.

3 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

No.

Pereira has been offered a £150k a week deal by a club in the Middle East - that is why he made that social media post today - he is desperate to go there and earn megabucks. 

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I agree, but for different reasons.

I dont see how any newly promoted club is going to persuade players better than those mentioned to join regardless!

Billing isn't personally my cup of tea but can't argue he has some premier league experience and physicality. If Farke wants him and we can get him for me that's an obvious improvement to the squad.

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I agree, but for different reasons.

I dont see how any newly promoted club is going to persuade players better than those mentioned to join regardless!

Billing isn't personally my cup of tea but can't argue he has some premier league experience and physicality. If Farke wants him and we can get him for me that's an obvious improvement to the squad.

Yup, precisely. 

Carter-Vickers may not be better than what we have, but if he is as good as, then his age means we have another Hanley/Gibson who could be around for a few years yet. Who knows, a future partner for Omobamidele.

Williams - we are skinny in fit full back cover  but is experienced and versatile.  A loan isnt perfect but would be an ok fit.  In the pragmatic category rather than exciting.

Billing - I dont rate him,  performances are very inconsistent but what he does have going for him is some much needed physicality.

Carter-Vickers - very underwhelming for me, a career over several seasons at EFL level;  would add numbers but i want an improvement on what we currently have.

Tzolis - too soon to cast a judgement by a yes option for me. he has the right profile and potential to be anything,  plenty to be excited about but with a large dollop and potential is only ever any good once realised.  

Edited by ZLF

54 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Williams - we are skinny in fit full back cover  but is experienced and versatile.  A loan isnt perfect but would be an ok fit.  In the pragmatic category rather than exciting.

Billing - I dont rate him,  performances are very inconsistent but what he does have going for him is some much needed physicality.

Carter-Vickers - very underwhelming for me, a career over several seasons at EFL level;  would add numbers but i want an improvement on what we currently have.

Tzolis - too soon to cast a judgement by a yes option for me. he has the right profile and potential to be anything,  plenty to be excited about but with a large dollop and potential is only ever any good once realised.  

The problem with that is it will cost money. Is Ajer an improvement on what we have? Many don't seem to think so, and nor does the club with a valuation of £13.5m rising to £16-18m.

There might be a bargain out there but it'll be a risk like a Carter-Vickers, not a guaranteed improvement. It'll be shopping the soon to be out of contracts and unwanted players at other clubs. We paid £8m for Klose and Gibson, for example. Hanley cost us £3m in between signing those two.

We simply don't have the dough to throw down £8-10m on 4-5 players. I don't think Carter-Vickers has done any worse than a number of the targets we have been linked to.