Bill

The official Gillingham thread

or not - so please do not reply as such

the suggestion is that as Lapps pretty much made this feature his own, might it be an idea, as a tribute, to name the match thread

The Official Lapps (team) thread, or variants of that, depending on what posters on here think suitable

• Like 11

Yep, no stars, don't think this counts does it? I'll wait for the proper "official unofficial" one 

It may not get off the ground if cambridgeshire canary has gone awol

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

It may not get off the ground if cambridgeshire canary has gone awol

If you must know I think match threads not being made by me is probably a good thing. Them being named after Laps would be a nice tribute too.

One of the last things he ever posted on here was him calling me a helmet, so I mean.. Someone else can take the job.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

IOne of the last things he ever posted on here was him calling me helmet, so I mean.. Someone else can take the job.

he probably though you were German

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If you must know I think match threads not being made by me is probably a good thing. Them being named after Laps would be a nice tribute too.

One of the last things he ever posted on here was him calling me a helmet, so I mean.. Someone else can take the job.

Fair play to ya Cambridgeo, though being called a helmet by Lapps when you were starting match threads days early was getting off lightly imo😉.  I'm Still concerned who is gonna keep track of Waveneyos aliases. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He actually said you looked more of a helmet, surprisingly on a thread you started! 

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You're a helmet! 

Was my application successful? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

****The Official Lapps Match Thread vs. [opponent]***** sounds like a great idea.

It's like the forum equivalent of us retiring his number.

• Like 11

This is a very nice idea. I like it. This is the sort of thing it's nice to see on the forum 👍

Edited by BobLoz3

18 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

****The Official Lapps Match Thread vs. [opponent]***** sounds like a great idea.

What a great idea FTW! Such a simple yet fitting tribute.

A  simple copy and paste for anyone who wants to start the match thread, and we don't know who that will be as (hopefully) many of us will be at the grounds.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

***** The Official Lapps Match Thread vs Gillingham ******

would be the most apt, I venture

if so, perhaps we can have someone to set the ball rolling tomorrow night, ready for the season ahead

and also Til might care to point Mick's daughter towards the thread at some suitable time

• Like 1

Just now, Greavsy said:

I think @Bills account has been hacked. He has plenty of others though!! 

christ, show a bit of respect and keep your petty digs to elsewhere

Just now, Bill said:

christ, show a bit of respect and keep your petty digs to elsewhere

Still waiting your reply to my earlier post, and your lies 🤥

And don't you talk to me about respect. 

Still not blocked me then. 

Guess we need to more or less play our first team for the next two games then. Running out of time. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Guess we need to more or less play our first team for the next two games then. Running out of time. 

eh ?

have you read the OP and the posts afterwards ?

Edited by Bill
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

What happened to him?

assume you mean Lapps

"Late this afternoon i received a call from his daughter Creanne to inform me that our good friend and fellow poster Mick Jacobs known on here as Lappinitup had died at home this afternoon at 2.30pm.

Mick had not been in good health in recent months but this has come as a complete shock to his family and friends. I had only spoken to him on the phone last night asking after his health and i am at a loss to come to terms with his passing as i am sure all posters will be.

This forum will miss his humour and quick wit and Eddie has lost one of his top PUPs.

As soon as Creanne has given me more information surrounding the tragic circumstances i will post an update.

Rest in peace old friend. "

Til - 27th July

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

assume you mean Lapps

"Late this afternoon i received a call from his daughter Creanne to inform me that our good friend and fellow poster Mick Jacobs known on here as Lappinitup had died at home this afternoon at 2.30pm.

Mick had not been in good health in recent months but this has come as a complete shock to his family and friends. I had only spoken to him on the phone last night asking after his health and i am at a loss to come to terms with his passing as i am sure all posters will be.

This forum will miss his humour and quick wit and Eddie has lost one of his top PUPs.

As soon as Creanne has given me more information surrounding the tragic circumstances i will post an update.

Rest in peace old friend. "

Til - 27th July

****. That really sucks. Condolences to his family and friends.

17 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

****. That really sucks. Condolences to his family and friends.

The thread @TIL 1010 kindly started is here, you may wish to peruse and or add your own comments. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (Northern) Irish Canary said:

Are there any plans for the club to stream the game? Appreciate it’s unlikely given it’s a tenner in, but I would absolutely love to watch us play with a crowd behind the team and would happily pay to view on screen.

It's a fiver - you can stream through the website canaries.co.uk 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (Northern) Irish Canary said:

Are there any plans for the club to stream the game? Appreciate it’s unlikely given it’s a tenner in, but I would absolutely love to watch us play with a crowd behind the team and would happily pay to view on screen.

Yes!

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/august/watch-norwich-city-v-gillingham-live-with-a-5-match-pass/

• Like 1