Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Kieran Scott off to boro

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Promoting from within or perhaps a poster on here? 

Posters on here are over qualified. 

oh dear, Greasy is off again - another and off he goes 🥴

Kieran may struggle to fit in up there

.....unless he puts on another 5 or 6 stone

10 minutes ago, WSM said:

Reckon the female scout Mariela Nisotaki could get promoted, meant to be very good

Think it might be Lee Dunn. The club is advertising for a Head of Technical Scouting and I think that is an area he covers.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

oh dear, Greasy is off again - another and off he goes 🥴

Just posting this link where you said you had me on ignore - so that's another one of your lies, that you also accused me of in your post. 

My post didn't name anyone - but if you had me on ignore, as you stated, why would it be about you, unless you are self-centred and egotistical. oh hold on. 

Oh and you started posting on a thread I started -so I think that's more you following me rather than your pitiful repetitive claim on here of being following, by people other than me too. 

Lets not spoil this for others, As you said to me, If you wish to reply to a thread of mine, please keep it on topic, otherwise please use the ignore button, that you stated you had. 

Aren't we recruiting for a Head of Technical Scouting? Seems that role will be a redefined one of that previously held by Scott.

Not sure we can deduce from this that Webber is staying, no more so than that Scott has already been advised to seek DF options elsewhere. 

It's a good move for him; a clean slate where he won't be judged to Webber.

Regardless, there seems to be a steady stream of non playing staff wanting to leave the club, which is a little bit strange and slightly concerning.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

If he knew for certain Webber was going at the end of this season, no matter what, I assume he wouldn't have taken the Middlesbrough job.

I think if we were Farke the first question we would ask when presented with a version of a 4 year contract extension is:

’What about you then Stuart?’

The answer would have needed to be something along the lines of:

’The job’s not done yet, I’ll sign - at least - a rolling 1-year deal and I have nothing on the table and no plans to move on’

or

’You are now more important to the club than I am..You have become more than a Head Coach, so when the time is right, you will step up and we will find another Head Coach (who would ultimately be the lightning rod if change were needed)’

Either of those and I would sign the 4 year deal. Anything else and I wouldn’t. Kieran Scott thus has no progression path and the club ‘won’t stand in his way’

Parma 

• Like 1

On 02/08/2021 at 13:03, Bill said:

Kieran may struggle to fit in up there

.....unless he puts on another 5 or 6 stoneIt’s all down to the delicacy that is Parmo.

Edited by Midlands Yellow

9 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

I think if we were Farke the first question we would ask when presented with a version of a 4 year contract extension is:

’What about you then Stuart?’

The answer would have needed to be something along the lines of:

’The job’s not done yet, I’ll sign - at least - a rolling 1-year deal and I have nothing on the table and no plans to move on’

or

’You are now more important to the club than I am..You have become more than a Head Coach, so when the time is right, you will step up and we will find another Head Coach (who would ultimately be the lightning rod if change were needed)’

Either of those and I would sign the 4 year deal. Anything else and I wouldn’t. Kieran Scott thus has no progression path and the club ‘won’t stand in his way’

Parma 

I like the sound of that.

50 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s all down to the delicacy that is Parmo. 

image.jpeg.c6d4e047d130a790b6a48a42c312f96c.jpeg

One dish I wish had migrated south...

51 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s all down to the delicacy that is Parmo. 

image.jpeg.c6d4e047d130a790b6a48a42c312f96c.jpeg

What is Parmo? Is it just cheesy chips?

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

If he knew for certain Webber was going at the end of this season, no matter what, I assume he wouldn't have taken the Middlesbrough job.

Exactly my thoughts when it first got mentioned a few weeks ago. Hopefully this means Webber is sticking around for another year or two!

Another departure anyone else disagreeing this has been a disaster of a transfer window so far on and off the pitch

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Oh, it's so much more! It's got breaded chicken (or pork), cheesy sauce, topped with ****loads of cheese (sometimes parmasan if you're posh) and then grilled (or sometimes deep fried if you're especially dirty)... Some places put extra stuff in there but that's the core experience...

Edited by cornish sam
Clarification
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I’ve been going upto Boro for years got some good friends there, a Parmo is a Friday night for drunken people only, it’s either chicken or pork hammered out, deep fried and covered with bechamel sauce and cheese then grilled! It’s really good!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

Another departure anyone else disagreeing this has been a disaster of a transfer window so far on and off the pitch

well said Fred

others may see you as a tiresome troll - but I see you as someone who makes some very perceptive comments

in this case, your observation that someone has left the club

I, personally, cannot recall that happening during any previous transfer window

7 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Oh, it's so much more! It's got breaded chicken (or pork), cheesy sauce, topped with ****loads of cheese (sometimes parmasan if you're posh) and then grilled (or sometimes deep fried if you're especially dirty)... Some places put extra stuff in there but that's the core experience...

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’ve been going upto Boro for years got some good friends there, a Parmo is a Friday night for drunken people only, it’s either chicken or pork hammered out, deep fried and covered with bechamel sauce and cheese then grilled! It’s really good!

Cheers guys, interesting - so in short a pork or chicken schnitzel covered in macaroni cheese sauce with chips! I can see the appeal! Hate to say it, but if we’re talking ‘bad’ food, I’ve got addicted to Turkey Twizzlers recently, it’s not quite Fred levels with his scampi yet but I’m definitely getting there for sure ha ha

17 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Very odd. It felt like Kieran Scott would be next in line for Webber's role. Could Webber now be staying.

That Michael, is the multi million dollar question (literally!) 

50 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I’m obviously in the camp that believes we’re going to have a very decent looking side by the end of the window, but with 2 top players in our recruitment team leaving this window, I can definitely get peoples concern. I do think it’s only natural people might be worried how this disruption may affect our plans this window though.

23 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I’m obviously in the camp that believes we’re going to have a very decent looking side by the end of the window, but with 2 top players in our recruitment team leaving this window, I can definitely get peoples concern. I do think it’s only natural people might be worried how this disruption may affect our plans this window though.

Thankfully people haven't forgotten about Whatsisname who went to Palace.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

With who? I can't see who you are replying too

With me, for starting this thread! 😊 

Boro fan in peace!

What do Norwich fans make of Scott's ability to make the step up into the sporting director role then? This is something our fans have been crying out for for years now and despite the the up and down nature of Norwich's last few seasons, the same fans look at Norwich and see a model they'd like to replicate and start to see the beginnings of a modern football club. We like the idea Scott has been in some ways an underling to one of the Championship's relatively long term success stories. Having a plan in place when you're relegated from the Prem must have been nice!

Just seen that Boro Fan TV thing again, Christ alive. That AJ or whatever his name is does my absolute nut in. Embarrassment to the rest of the fanbase to sit outside not just Carrow Road but I'm sure he did Elland Road too, slagging off the team that plays there and mindlessly reducing their history to nothing.

Glad to see Gibbo is away from Burnley permanently now, too. Do you reckon he'll be in the first team in the Prem? I remember back when he was with us in the Championship he was great but always felt he was 2nd best to Dani Ayala in our first-choice centre-back pairing. When we got promoted though, Gibbo stepped up big time. Was like he was made for the top level, one of those players who seems like a better fit for the Premier League than the Championship so I hope he's going to be playing there for Norwich!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Boro fan in peace!

What do Norwich fans make of Scott's ability to make the step up into the sporting director role then? This is something our fans have been crying out for for years now and despite the the up and down nature of Norwich's last few seasons, the same fans look at Norwich and see a model they'd like to replicate and start to see the beginnings of a modern football club. We like the idea Scott has been in some ways an underling to one of the Championship's relatively long term success stories. Having a plan in place when you're relegated from the Prem must have been nice!

Just seen that Boro Fan TV thing again, Christ alive. That AJ or whatever his name is does my absolute nut in. Embarrassment to the rest of the fanbase to sit outside not just Carrow Road but I'm sure he did Elland Road too, slagging off the team that plays there and mindlessly reducing their history to nothing.

Glad to see Gibbo is away from Burnley permanently now, too. Do you reckon he'll be in the first team in the Prem? I remember back when he was with us in the Championship he was great but always felt he was 2nd best to Dani Ayala in our first-choice centre-back pairing. When we got promoted though, Gibbo stepped up big time. Was like he was made for the top level, one of those players who seems like a better fit for the Premier League than the Championship so I hope he's going to be playing there for Norwich!

How has Mr Warnock reacted to the appointment? Isn't he a bit 'old school' to have DOF?

Edited by A Load of Squit

14 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

How has Mr Warnock reacted to the appointment? Isn't he a bit 'old school' to have DOF?

It's a bit early to say but I imagine given we've already been making moves into the South American market without much of his input that we are just looking beyond his short-term stay. I would be quite surprised to see Warnock still in charge next season whether he takes us up or not, I think at best he might stick around in an advisory role though not sure how much influence he'll have from Cornwall, where he's based.

I think Pulis was the worst of the old school managers, though. Not only was his football utterly diabolical, even in comparison to Warnock's, but Pulis made a point to talk about how at Boro we had it better because he had a direct line to the chairman rather than having to go through any kind of director. He then complained about his lack of talent in wide areas... and yet still, every window without fail he'd refuse to sign wingers because they didn't want to be at Middlesbrough (because everyone inside and outside the country loves the Boro as much as we do, right?) but signed about 100 centre-mids, including spending £7m on George Saville, the once-future-Boro-captain who just went back to Millwall without making much of an impact on any Boro fan.

Edited by wilsoncgp

3 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Cheers guys, interesting - so in short a pork or chicken schnitzel covered in macaroni cheese sauce with chips! I can see the appeal! Hate to say it, but if we’re talking ‘bad’ food, I’ve got addicted to Turkey Twizzlers recently, it’s not quite Fred levels with his scampi yet but I’m definitely getting there for sure ha ha

Jamie Oliver is on his way to your house. And he's tooled up.🤬😉

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Boro fan in peace!

Talk about damning someone with faint praise. How long was Ayala with us? We dumped him pretty quickly. When I hear his name all I can think of is the playoff final when Cam Jam left him on his a r s e. 

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Talk about damning someone with faint praise. How long was Ayala with us? We dumped him pretty quickly. When I hear his name all I can think of is the playoff final when Cam Jam left him on his a r s e. 

Yeah, Karanka basically made him as a player, he was easily one of the best defenders in the Championship whilst he was with us but he always had a moment like that in him. Naturally, Wembley was the perfect moment for him to do it again. 🤦‍♂️

On 02/08/2021 at 18:56, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah, Karanka basically made him as a player, he was easily one of the best defenders in the Championship whilst he was with us but he always had a moment like that in him. Naturally, Wembley was the perfect moment for him to do it again. 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, didn’t mean to rub it in (much).

Edited by Nuff Said