Bradwell canary

Is promotion to the PL really worth it.

I will only chuck in my season ticket no matter what League we are in when i either cannot physically get into my seat or i die.

• Like 6

Although we have to do better than last time - that should not be difficult if we can keep the key players fit (unlike last time) - much depends on what other teams do and this time there a three or four clubs who have had change of owners/managers and who may struggle a bit more - Burnley, Palace for instance - and there will be others who don't quite hit top form for whatever reason - maybe Newcastle/Watford , plus Brentford who might struggle.

That gives a scenario of hope that there may be quite a few teams who will be in a battle near the bottom - and imo, if our new players can hit top form and we keep the defence strong, that we can do better than all the above.  It's a big ask, I know, but I certainly feel there are different vibes going into this season than the last time we went up - more of an expectation that we can survive, rather than hoping for a miracle. 

So look on the bright side! We have some interesting new players and we may get one or two more that make the team look completely different from last season, but then maybe that will be a good thing! Who knows, but mithering about the past doesn't help - look up, not down!

If we don’t let players move in to bigger clubs and money once we have improved them then eventually the gravy train stops. 
Lots of youngsters see how we have developed Maddison, Lewis, Ben and Emi and see that as a possibility for them too. 
Hopefully if we manage to stay up next year then the club can start to establish itself longer term as a PL club though that will eventually come to an end for 75-80% of PL clubs at some point and they end up back in the Championship. 

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Not exactly sure what the OP is driving at, it is a very confusing post..............

They’re basically chucking their toys out of their pram and expecting all the sane ones amongst us to pick them up 

not this time kiddo 

37 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I will only chuck in my season ticket no matter what League we are in when i either cannot physically get into my seat or i die.

This is exactly the correct mentality to have

so many glory hunters around the place 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

You are just an objectionable tragic individual with an ever increasing number of posters who have blocked you or don't bother to respond to what you post. Just step back and take a look at who started with the snidey remarks on this thread you fool as my post to you at the start was neither sniday nor having a dig and it did add to the discussion. Because you did not agree instead of a considered reply we get the usual aggressive nastiness yet again.

Not wasting my time responding to your next attempt at you playing the innocent victim card.

we can all live in hope on that one

now why not tell us all how you know what posters have blocked me, and why is it of any concern to you, or me come to that

it smacks of some 9 year olds playground jibe "yah boo, no one likes you "

there is no innocent victim card either, merely me pointing out that yet again you have misrepresented what I posted to make some stupid comment, much as you have persistently misrepresented who I am

so why not take your own whinge and block me, it would save you the hassle of trying to come up with something snidey, and also save the rest of the forum from having to be subject to endless comments by you and your side kick, Greasy

(a latter day '****' Dastardly and Muttley)

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

we can all live in hope on that one

now why not tell us all how you know what posters have blocked me, and why is it of any concern to you, or me come to that

it smacks of some 9 year olds playground jibe "yah boo, no one likes you "

there is no innocent victim card either, merely me pointing out that yet again you have misrepresented what I posted to make some stupid comment, much as you have persistently misrepresented who I am

so why not take your own whinge and block me, it would save you the hassle of trying to come up with something snidey, and also save the rest of the forum from having to be subject to endless comments by you and your side kick, Greasy

(a latter day '****' Dastardly and Muttley)

🤭😴

• Like 1

It's worth it financially but I have to admit I prefer watching us in the Championship as I find the whole PL thing to much of a big club gets scenario.

Plus VAR has totally ruined football for me (or at least how it's done in the PL) and the refs are always to pally to the big team players.

13 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

🤭😴

a bit like Cluedo

I can cross you off plods list of folk who ignore me

along with the pickle chap in the pantry with the jar

monty, in the caravan with the black beret

How can any football supporter not want the team they support to play in the highest possible league, with the highest possible profile afforded their club, with the highest possible income to play with and with many of the best players in the world on show against his team?

(The fact that it's a tough call is irrelevant.)

The mind boggles. However, the  crowded streets of Norwich joyfully celebrating the previous promotion, the antics at City Hall and Daniel Farke having the moment of his professional life amply demonstrates that the OP is in a minority. 

TINA.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Promotion should be a wonderful time to be alive but we know by experience that the stowmarket 2 will find new and innovative ways of screwing it up. This time it is selling our best player.

only another nailed on relegation to look forward to

Then sing your heart out along the way! ….. or get off the good ship NCFC. 

An old phrase comes to mind…. If you’re on the edge, then get out of the way. You’re taking up space for someone to get through.

45 minutes ago, Bill said:

a bit like Cluedo

I can cross you off plods list of folk who ignore me

along with the pickle chap in the pantry with the jar

monty, in the caravan with the black beret

Maybe you misunderstood me, I was suggesting that this persona or image you're trying to put across is getting boring 😴

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

It seems to me that promotion to the PL has not gone well for the average supporter. It really does feel that the hunt is better than the kill!??

Seen by the club as a reason to sell the best players we have, then fingers crossed that despite that , they hope to keep up.

It can’t be done., not these days, when the wealthy clubs can buy one player spending the sum equal to our total spend in one season.

if we go down yet again, my season ticket will not be taken up next season.

sad to say this after attending games at CR since 1960

Good Lord! So what you want is to languish in mid-table lower league obscurity. I can think of a club not far away from here that would be an ideal fit for you when you give up your City season ticket.

33 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Maybe you misunderstood me, I was suggesting that this persona or image you're trying to put across is getting boring 😴

Getting.......?

40 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

He just doesn't get it at all. A ridiculous buffoon at best.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

He just doesn't get it at all. A ridiculous buffoon at best.

I think you're being too kind Tilly

I think its a fair question.

Its just the same as posters cracking on about who we should sign or what is a player's best position.

I prefer us in the Championship purely because I do not want to see my team beaten up as they have been in the Prem recently. The three years we managed in a row were better but football at the level has moved on so much whereas in terms of finance, we have stood still, note that isn't a criticism, just a fact.

My preference is good, attacking football, winning more than losing and being successful in that order.

I don't think its fair to say the club is not ambitious or we wouldn't have kept Emi last season but our ambition has to be tempered by our ability to unearth gems season after season.

• Like 1

To be fair to the OP, sounds like he's getting on a bit and if him not renewing will free up a season ticket space for a young enthusiastic fan then all the better 🙂 

Many don’t like it because Norwich haven’t been up to the challenge of late (nothing to do with VAR) Once that changes the love will come back. There were no complaints in the 90s because we were competitive.
If Norwich stay up it will be on merit, there’s only one league to be in and we know it. 

Some of our most loyal fans have stopped going years ago, for one reason or the other; and many regulars are hardly “supporters”. I remember my old boss stopped going in the early 80s, because he didn’t like the way the professional game was going, preferring to coach and run youth football. Never stopped him asking me about Disco Dale on Monday. 

On 01/08/2021 at 13:40, SwindonCanary said:

Is promotion to the PL really worth it ?  It's great for the club, not so good for the supporters. 

Depends on your point of view Swindon, for me the biggest high from going to FCR is seeing us win, so I can sort of agree that being in the EPL isnt going to deliver that too often, but looking at the bigger picture as a fan, the big wins ie Man City at home, and the sheer joy of overcoming all the cards stacked against us to stay up, that's a massive buzz for me.

14 minutes ago, corbs said:

Some of our most loyal fans have stopped going years ago, for one reason or the other; and many regulars are hardly “supporters”. I remember my old boss stopped going in the early 80s, because he didn’t like the way the professional game was going, preferring to coach and run youth football. Never stopped him asking me about Disco Dale on Monday. 

To be fair they cant really be described as our most loyal fans they stopped going?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OnDaBall said:

Is it worth it? Err were you at the Man City game?

Don't think I really need to add to that

I wonder how much mileage that game has left in it.

I will only chuck in my Exile Membership, no matter what League we are in, when I either cannot physically get into my seat or I die.

Its a whole new world....without Italics

I just joined Brighton, Saaafampton, and WHU.... so there's six games I shall be at without a single penny going to CR. Luvvin the new Membersheeep Scheme! 

Clubs a joke.....