Bradwell canary

Is promotion to the PL really worth it.

It seems to me that promotion to the PL has not gone well for the average supporter. It really does feel that the hunt is better than the kill!??

Seen by the club as a reason to sell the best players we have, then fingers crossed that despite that , they hope to keep up.

It can’t be done., not these days, when the wealthy clubs can buy one player spending the sum equal to our total spend in one season.

if we go down yet again, my season ticket will not be taken up next season.

sad to say this after attending games at CR since 1960

Players will always want to play at the highest level possible (it might have escaped your notice but we are not the highest level) so players move on.

Maybe you should support a club where this doesn't happen.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

It seems to me that promotion to the PL has not gone well for the average supporter. It really does feel that the hunt is better than the kill!??

Seen by the club as a reason to sell the best players we have, then fingers crossed that despite that , they hope to keep up.

It can’t be done., not these days, when the wealthy clubs can buy one player spending the sum equal to our total spend in one season.

You have to have the lows, to appreciate the highs when they come. Certainly had plenty of those recently. 

Same as life I'm afraid. Always try to achieve your best 

Well we have no idea if it can be done, because we were promoted before Webber had banked on, so the rebuild wasn't nearly complete.

Whether it's possible will be seen at the end of this year. I really feel like a lot of our fans are now more scared of the chance of relegation than they are excited to watch the season of football that comes before. 

That seems a real shame to me.

• Like 4

Is promotion to the PL really worth it ?  It's great for the club, not so good for the supporters. 

Edited by SwindonCanary
  • Like 1

With the new Brexit rules, promotion to the PL - along with the parachute payments - are more important than ever.

Like the last promotion, it enables us to invest in the infrastructure and upgrade the squad - keeping us a class above the rest of the Championship. 

It also enables us to maintain a healthy bank balance, which is key for us.

The alternative is either boring or dangerous... just ask an Ipswich fan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

I'm not sure this is really the case at all - on relegation last time we managed to keep hold of most of our best players. This is fairly unusual, but we managed to do it. Maybe as our financial situation not being overstretched, maybe due to Farke's powers of persuasion, who knows - but credit to the club.

Many clubs would have been forced to just sell, and had we done that, maybe we'd be looking forward to the Champs again this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Players will always want to play at the highest level possible (it might have escaped your notice but we are not the highest level) so players move on.

Maybe you should support a club where this doesn't happen.

You mean playing at a highest level like Buendia to Aston Villa, Maddison to Leicester, Lewis to Newscastle, Godfrey to Everton ?

31 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

It's only one season in the Prem, we can be back enjoying the Championship next season 

Ha ha that’s the spirit, Chris old bean 😉😂

With any luck the OP, who’s clearly been a very loyal supporter and seen it all really, will be renewing again for next season 👍

• Haha 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

You mean playing at a highest level like Buendia to Aston Villa, Maddison to Leicester, Lewis to Newscastle, Godfrey to Everton ?

oh dear, poor plod

"Players will always want to play at the highest level possible"

the clue is in the last word 🙄

1 minute ago, Bill said:

oh dear, poor plod

"Players will always want to play at the highest level possible"

the clue is in the last word 🙄

Don't start your tripe yet again unless you think the clubs i named are the highest level to aspire to.

Try and be civil in your reply City1st.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Don't start your tripe yet again unless you think the clubs i named are the highest level to aspire to.

Careful Tilly - youll join me on the naughty step! 

27 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yes. 

Fitting that my last and next match will be watching us in the Premier League.

Think that there are few of us like that Capt - didn't feell comfortable at the pilot ones. 

Edited by Greavsy

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

no, as stated,

'where possible'

I would have thought that even you could grasp how that qualifies my previous comment

1 hour ago, Bradwell canary said:

Season's not even started yet

1 hour ago, Bradwell canary said:

Good god man. You can’t be serious!

Now is the time for the veterans! We need supporters with strong stomachs and battle hardened bowels! We need supporters who sing with passion because they’ve experienced the sheer joy of success and the dark recesses of defeat! The thought of giving up a place on the front line, just as the battle is to commence, is tantamount to cowardly!

Have you not been watching? Have you not been a witness to what has been the dawn to a golden era of NCFC football?! To give up you season ticket to a (yellow &) greenhorn is ludicrous!!

Christ alive, tie a knot in it and get back up off the ground!

But alas, if the ride has become too much, then by all means lay it down and allow a young, naive fan the opportunity to be baptized by fire….but you’ll be missing one heck of a season!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CirclePoint said:

Good god man. You can’t be serious!

Now is the time for the veterans! We need supporters with strong stomachs and battle hardened bowels! We need supporters who sing with passion because they’ve experienced the sheer joy of success and the dark recesses of defeat! The thought of giving up a place on the front line, just as the battle is to commence, is tantamount to cowardly!

Have you not been watching? Have you not been a witness to what has been the dawn to a golden era of NCFC football?! To give up you season ticket to a (yellow &) greenhorn is ludicrous!!

Christ alive, tie a knot in it and get back up off the ground!

But alas, if the ride has become too much, then by all means lay it down and allow a young, naive fan the opportunity to be baptized by fire….but you’ll be missing one heck of a season!

What an excellent & rousing post. 

Lets get at 'Em. 

24 minutes ago, Bill said:

no, as stated,

'where possible'

I would have thought that even you could grasp how that qualifies my previous comment

Just cannot help yourself can you with the usual ' oh dear poor plod ' remark followed by ' i would have thought even you could grasp '.

undermining a poster who dares to give a different take on what you posted .

Do the forum a favour and take another two months off.

Has it been that bad the past decade or so ?

Three league titles, plus another promotion winning season, a day out at Wembley with another 'trophy' - even an FA Youth Cup to add to that lot

Nearly half of that time in the PL

There's plenty who have not achieved that in their whole history

• Like 1

Promotion should be a wonderful time to be alive but we know by experience that the stowmarket 2 will find new and innovative ways of screwing it up. This time it is selling our best player.

only another nailed on relegation to look forward to

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just cannot help yourself can you with the usual ' oh dear poor plod ' remark followed by ' i would have thought even you could grasp '.

undermining a poster who dares to give a different take on what you posted .

Do the forum a favour and take another two months off.

You dived in with both feet as usual - thinking that for once you had 'caught me out'

Perhaps if you had taken the time to grasp how 'where possible' meant in the context of might comment, or even the use of the word want then you would not have got it wrong..... yet again

If you want to have a dig at me, as seems to be your want, then the idea on your part is to make me look an ar se

Sadly, as ever, it is you who have been made to look like an ar.se once again

As to anyone doing the forum a favour might I suggest you stop following me around, posting snide comments that add nothing to any discussion other than to re-affirm what a sad old git you are

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

You dived in with both feet as usual - thinking that for once you had 'caught me out'

Perhaps if you had taken the time to grasp how 'where possible' meant in the context of might comment, or even the use of the word want then you would not have got it wrong..... yet again

If you want to have a dig at me, as seems to be your want, then the idea on your part is to make me look an ar se

Sadly, as ever, it is you who have been made to look like an ar.se once again

As to anyone doing the forum a favour might I suggest you stop following me around, posting snide comments that add nothing to any discussion other than to re-affirm what a sad old git you are

You are just an objectionable tragic individual with an ever increasing number of posters who have blocked you or don't bother to respond to what you post. Just step back and take a look at who started with the snidey remarks on this thread you fool as my post to you at the start was neither sniday nor having a dig and it did add to the discussion. Because you did not agree instead of a considered reply we get the usual aggressive nastiness yet again.

Not wasting my time responding to your next attempt at you playing the innocent victim card.

Nonsense question, if we just keep in the Championship eventually we won't be winning games in that league every week either, then we'd end up as trash as Ipswich 🤷‍♂️. Yes yoyoing can be frustrating but it's a hell of a lot better than never going up. 

• Thanks 1