Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

For all those who want a rich new owner

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You seem to be implyng that the people who scream for stonking rich owners care about how shady or dodgy the owners are. They don't. Long as they have cash that's all they care about

I can't say I have ever seen much debate on that subject,🤓 but it is a fact that the only two people we know about who have tried to buy the club from Smith and Jones both had really lousy plans that were rightly rejected.

• Thanks 1

Di Stefano never had a pot to pee in and was a complete  chalatan who made his way through life based on falsehoods.

• Like 1

For those girls who want to get married - take a look at Fred West and think again…

weak argument. The choices are not only self sustaining or wicked tyrant- decent investment from a decent owner is also a potential model 

38 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

People really do live on here all day and every day. Have a break and watch the rugby starting soon. 

What an extraordinary response 4 minutes after my post. 

Sorry, I don't like Rugby 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

For those girls who want to get married - take a look at Fred West and think again…

weak argument. The choices are not only self sustaining or wicked tyrant- decent investment from a decent owner is also a potential model 

How exciting. Do you have a name? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Not a 'potential model' if no such people are wanting to buy Norwich City is it? 

Yawn. Not this again….honestly some people really do get overly defensive on this one. A position that requires us to believe 

a) that self funding is the norm 

b) that no clubs get new owners ever cos they ain’t out there 

c) our owners want to hand over but just haven’t found the right person 

I don’t entirely buy that, 

Quite an old story to bring up. From what I heard, after speaking with someone in the know back then, it became quite clear that Di Stefano was a total bullsh*tt*r to the point where some of his claims became quite comical. We all have one of those “completed it mate” type friends, but this was on another level. Either a delusional fantasist or a truly deviant con artist. But let’s not convince ourselves that all wealthy parties are so malevolent… we just have to be certain to spot the bad eggs and hope a benevolent one would be allowed to help.

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Yawn. Not this again….honestly some people really do get overly defensive on this one. A position that requires us to believe 

a) that self funding is the norm 

b) that no clubs get new owners ever cos they ain’t out there 

c) our owners want to hand over but just haven’t found the right person 

I don’t entirely buy that, 

Self funding isn't the norm. We're exceptional in being the only club able to be competitive without being bankrolled by billionaires. I'm immensely proud of that.

Clubs do get new owners. That doesn't guarantee success. For every Leicester there's a Portsmouth and a Blackburn. Do you think new owners would allow Webber the freedom he has now? Do you think just blindly throwing money around would ensure our permanent place in the Premier League? And would you really have preferred to have a decade of mid-table mediocrity over the excitement of all our promotions?

I'm sure they will hand ownership on at some point. I hope that the criteria are based on a bit more than who has the most money. Maybe they'll hand it over to the fans? 

There are plenty of other clubs with rich owners who would love your 'support'. Why don't you pick one of those instead... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Self funding isn't the norm. We're exceptional in being the only club able to be competitive without being bankrolled by billionaires. I'm immensely proud of that.

Clubs do get new owners. That doesn't guarantee success. For every Leicester there's a Portsmouth and a Blackburn. Do you think new owners would allow Webber the freedom he has now? Do you think just blindly throwing money around would ensure our permanent place in the Premier League? And would you really have preferred to have a decade of mid-table mediocrity over the excitement of all our promotions?

I'm sure they will hand ownership on at some point. I hope that the criteria are based on a bit more than who has the most money. Maybe they'll hand it over to the fans? 

There are plenty of other clubs with rich owners who would love your 'support'. Why don't you pick one of those instead... 

There is the odd defensive attitude I spoke of. Are you related to the board or paid by them? 

I have stated before that I believe our board have done a great job- and that there is much to applaud- however I also feel they have taken us as far as they can and we have hit a ceiling. The owners being the next bit of the jigsaw needing an upgrade. Why do you find this view point so threatening? Are you the infamous Tom? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

There is the odd defensive attitude I spoke of. Are you related to the board or paid by them? 

I have stated before that I believe our board have done a great job- and that there is much to applaud- however I also feel they have taken us as far as they can and we have hit a ceiling. The owners being the next bit of the jigsaw needing an upgrade. Why do you find this view point so threatening? Are you the infamous Tom? 

It is not defensive, it is frustration with dealing with a poster who repeatedly posts the same old nonsense without providing any evidence to back up their argument. Feel free to find this famous new owner or at least suggest one suitable and we will all back you up. I suspect you won't, and you will continue to live in a delusional fantasy world.

As we continue to dispose of our key assets, necessary if we’re a so called ‘self-funded’ club apparently, I’m sure most on this board will again be happy with another 20th finish. We waved the white flag in August two years ago - sell Cantwell too and feels very much like deja vu. You couldn’t make it up.

2 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

As we continue to dispose of our key assets, necessary if we’re a so called ‘self-funded’ club apparently, I’m sure most on this board will again be happy with another 20th finish. We waved the white flag in August two years ago - sell Cantwell too and feels very much like deja vu. You couldn’t make it up.

Welcome back, @Highland Canary! Haven't heard much from you lately, why is that.

That said this post is early for you, normally wait until we lose a few games. Bored waiting for League One to start?

8 minutes ago, BigFish said:

It is not defensive, it is frustration with dealing with a poster who repeatedly posts the same old nonsense without providing any evidence to back up their argument. Feel free to find this famous new owner or at least suggest one suitable and we will all back you up. I suspect you won't, and you will continue to live in a delusional fantasy world.

But that is a dumb response. Clearly I- an unconnected fan- am not in the position to find a new owner, get real. But anyone surveying the landscape in recent years can see that billionaires do exist who buy clubs - look at Villa as an example. Or Leicester come to that 

15 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Exactly that BF 👍

6 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

But that is a dumb response. Clearly I- an unconnected fan- am not in the position to find a new owner, get real. But anyone surveying the landscape in recent years can see that billionaires do exist who buy clubs - look at Villa as an example. Or Leicester come to that

Come on, it is time to p1ss or get off the pot. Find us an owner, or even suggest one, or quit the the whining.

18 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

Well very very few of us want to see Cantwell sold. But there’s 2 different trains of thought -

A.) he is sold and we will definitely be relegated as good players are irreplaceable and cannot therefore be replaced, it’s impossible.

or

B.) he is sold and we buy 3 or so decent players from abroad without the English born player premium fee, and we actually end up with a stronger and more valuable squad thus doing better in the Premier League. Some may call this ambitious and a neat way to build the squad and financial position overall, others don’t have the capacity to get their head around it however which is fair enough.

Although none of this applies to those minnows down in Ipswich so not sure why this interests you so much.

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

Oooh you cheeky monkey, you can’t possibly say that! (even though it’s the only possible solution I can think of too 😉)

• Like 1

For every Leicester there's a Portsmouth and a Blackburn.

For every Leicester, there are twenty Portsmouths, Blackburn, Ipswich, Derby, Sheff Weds, Sunderland etc etc. It is just a matter of time.

1 hour ago, Highland Canary said:

I bet you could!

We're exceptional in being the only club able to be competitive without being bankrolled by billionaires.

Not true - the Pozzos are worth less than £100 million, most of it tied up in football clubs.

3 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

So what are the choices?

Knowing that would help no end gauging opinion.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

For every Leicester, there are twenty Portsmouths, Blackburn, Ipswich, Derby, Sheff Weds, Sunderland etc etc. It is just a matter of time.

Ok so let’s avoid the 19 and look for the 1. Did wonders for others