Hopefully they do keep him or we’ll likely  lose Cantwell to them as well. That would be very bad indeed. I don’t want us to become Villa’s feeder club!

1 hour ago, Clint said:

Hopefully they do keep him or we’ll likely  lose Cantwell to them as well. That would be very bad indeed. I don’t want us to become Villa’s feeder club!

If Villa offered anything in the region of what we got for Buendia ...a) it would prove that we'd undersold Buendia ...and b) I'd take it...

• Like 3

I don’t get the automatic assumption that we should/will just sell Cantwell to Villa is they sell Grealish. Why should we help them out like that and damage our own prospects in the process. I’d rather let him run his contract down to next summer snd get a bit less for him then. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I don’t get the automatic assumption that we should/will just sell Cantwell to Villa is they sell Grealish. Why should we help them out like that and damage our own prospects in the process. I’d rather let him run his contract down to next summer snd get a bit less for him then. 

That's the knee-jerk reaction and suits me at this moment in time, although it would contradict the self-funding model should we need the money .... and with a PL season ahead of us we shouldn't.

We do have that extra year option after all.

If he is on his way then it's anybody but Villa for me.

Edited by BroadstairsR

If Villa sell Grealish for over £100m then I would expect them to aim for a slightly higher replacement than Todd to be honest. 

Webber made it clear that if someone wants to get Cantwell or Aarons they will need to make a bigger bid than that made for Emi. If Villa do decide that Todd is for them, then a bid of £35m+ would be highly acceptable in my view. Especially given the contract issues and that Norwich would probably only be able to get £15m in a year if he doesn’t sign a new deal. 

I love Todd, but Norwich need to be sensible about when to sell and reinvest. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green
  • Like 3

Happy days I can’t wait. I’d happily sell Cantwell for £20m plus with add ons. Cantwell flatters to deceive for me although he is improving. I’d take the cash and see if we can get two hot prospects as a replacements which we can sell on in two or three years for similar amounts each. 

I don't think Villa will be too worried if they lose Grealish, they've just signed a cracking replacement in Buendia and will pocked the best part of 60-100M depending on add-ons. They'll be laughing as they bathe in money

2 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

Happy days I can’t wait. I’d happily sell Cantwell for £20m plus with add ons. Cantwell flatters to deceive for me although he is improving. I’d take the cash and see if we can get two hot prospects as a replacements which we can sell on in two or three years for similar amounts each. 

Can I be the first to say you are Waveney and I claim my £5?

5 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Webber made it clear that if someone wants to get Cantwell or Aarons they will need to make a bigger bid than that made for Emi. If Villa do decide that Todd is for them, then a bid of £35m+ would be highly acceptable in my view.

Much as I like and rate him, if we could get £35+ million for Cantwell, we should grab it in both hands.

As much as I want Cantwell to stay, £38 million is mad money for him, I'd actually be disappointed if we turned that down, we could massively improve the squad. 

I think Villa fans will be devastated to see Grealish go, even at £100m. £35m for Cantwell is way over priced and they could get better value elsewhere. With Man Utd splashing the cash they might be tempted to sell Greenwood,  or Citeh might want to part with Mahrez. Cantwell just doesn't make sense. Their bargain signing was Buendia, I think they'll set their sights higher tbh.

If you’d suggested a bet at the start of the window on getting more money for Cantwell than Buendia, people would have thought you were mad.

Villa should be looking at Maddison before they consider Cantwell. A much better player IMO. 

It amazes me that there are people out there that still doubt cantwells ability and influence. You’ll miss him when he’s gone!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

It amazes me that there are people out there that still doubt cantwells ability and influence. You’ll miss him when he’s gone!

Totally agree with this. 
we need Todd next season, he will be a vital player to what we do. 

Anyone who doubts his ability have no idea what they are on about. 

9 hours ago, Surfer said:

Villa should be looking at Maddison before they consider Cantwell. A much better player IMO. 

Dream on 

18 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think Villa fans will be devastated to see Grealish go, even at £100m. £35m for Cantwell is way over priced and they could get better value elsewhere. With Man Utd splashing the cash they might be tempted to sell Greenwood,  or Citeh might want to part with Mahrez. Cantwell just doesn't make sense. Their bargain signing was Buendia, I think they'll set their sights higher tbh.

Lingard was quoted at £30m last season so why would you pay £35m for Cantwell? 

Word on the street is villa are going to accept 100m. Crazy money, they'll be able to reinvest very well in an already very good squad and with the signings they've made so far I don't think they'll miss Grealish all that much

For all the 'ambition' Villa apparantly have ...so far theyve signed Buendia and Ashley Young and are about to lose their captain and best player to a bigger fish.

Still cant understand Buendia scurrying away to Villa at the first opportunity this summer.  Ath Madrid or maybe Arsenal, yes...but Villa?