Norfolk  Dan

Match Pick - Away members

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

A work colleague is a Spurs fan and said that there is a massive concourse with loads of food and drink available. Either that is only for home fans or I missed it as I didn’t find the experience any different to most other PL grounds. Still, the penalty shoot out made up for the disappointment

I tried to find that at the away game two seasons ago, as they've got a Beavertown brewery in that part of the stadium as well.  I'm fairly certain it is home fans only.

1 minute ago, ncfcstar said:

I tried to find that at the away game two seasons ago, as they've got a Beavertown brewery in that part of the stadium as well.  I'm fairly certain it is home fans only.

Ah for ****s sake...

5 minutes ago, MrFruit said:

I think you will find the away season ticket scheme was introduced way before 2019

The away season tickets were before 2019, the away memberships were not. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I didn’t go to Vicarage Rd the last Prem season, do they still operate the same policy of no booze in the away end? Not that it bothered me as I like Bovril at a game anyway!

Covid put paid to anybody going in the last Premier season Alex.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Covid put paid to anybody going in the last Premier season Alex.

Good point, Tilly! Couldn’t remember if that fixture was played during the part of the season where we could go, but it’s probably about 4 or 5 years since I’ve been there 🚫🍺 

7 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

£5 at the Cup game but wouldn’t worry too much…….huge scrum at the bar with staff ambling about in second gear so you’ll be lucky to get served. Oh, and no bags bigger than a postage stamp allowed inside. Other than that very impressive ground.

More crowded at the Cup game as we had a higher allocation.  Had no probs getting my pint of upside down Neckoil at the League match!

3 hours ago, king canary said:

Ah for ****s sake...

If you don't want to risk missing out on a pint inside the ground, try the Redemption Brewery Tap which is fairly close to where the away coaches park up.

BTW, I've picked Arsenal because:-

1.  Eldest daughter lives near Finsbury Park so great opportunity to see her.

2.  Early in the season, so not much chance of Govt changing the goalposts (again) and restricting movement or attendance.

3.  Weather will be half decent.

4.  Direct bus from Liverpool Street to Finsbury Park (which I can use my Norfolk buspass on).

5.  We've been to the Emirates quite a few times now so thought it would be a safe bet.

(Thought about Brentford but reckoned it was too risky in terms of available numbers)

1 hour ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

If you don't want to risk missing out on a pint inside the ground, try the Redemption Brewery Tap which is fairly close to where the away coaches park up.

There's also One Mile End just round the corner from there... went and had a few there before the FA Cup match, very welcoming!

19 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

There's also One Mile End just round the corner from there... went and had a few there before the FA Cup match, very welcoming!

That's an excellent shout!

22 hours ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

BTW, I've picked Arsenal because:-

1.  Eldest daughter lives near Finsbury Park so great opportunity to see her.

2.  Early in the season, so not much chance of Govt changing the goalposts (again) and restricting movement or attendance.

3.  Weather will be half decent.

4.  Direct bus from Liverpool Street to Finsbury Park (which I can use my Norfolk buspass on).

5.  We've been to the Emirates quite a few times now so thought it would be a safe bet.

(Thought about Brentford but reckoned it was too risky in terms of available numbers)

This has now been approved.

(I went for Brentford away.  it was my idea and the rest of them are smelly copycats!

Closest prem ground to where I am  now and I’ve not been… like the look of it from the photos. Also, a match between two ‘footballing sides’… and hmmm… a decent chance we could actually win the game…)

Edited by GenerationA47

Given the info supplied with season ticket renewal letter it seems quite clear now that the match pick has priority over the sales group 1.

ie Brentford tickets on sale to match pick on the 29th sep and sales group1 on the 30th sep

42 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Given the info supplied with season ticket renewal letter it seems quite clear now that the match pick has priority over the sales group 1.

ie Brentford tickets on sale to match pick on the 29th sep and sales group1 on the 30th sep

Yeah… wouldn’t really make any sense otherwise!

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

Which means that Johnny Come Lately who has never been to an away game can join the membership scheme and make Brentford their match pick and snaffle a ticket before anybody who went to 10+ away games which is just so wrong unless they did that game as their match pick also which in any case would put them both on an even footing.

@Feedthewolf

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Which means that Johnny Come Lately who has never been to an away game can join the membership scheme and make Brentford their match pick and snaffle a ticket before anybody who went to 10+ away games which is just so wrong unless they did that game as their match pick also which in any case would put them both on an even footing.

@Feedthewolf

I guess we just have to hope the club have done their maths right... you said that the ticket office told you anyone in the 10+ aways group (which is now just over 500 people) would be able to get a ticket for any match they applied for, is that right? If that assertion is correct, the scenario above is a moot point.

If the club get it wrong and some of the 10+ away group are unable to get a ticket due to 'match picks', I agree that would be a pretty awful error of judgement on the club's part.

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I guess we just have to hope the club have done their maths right... you said that the ticket office told you anyone in the 10+ aways group (which is now just over 500 people) would be able to get a ticket for any match they applied for, is that right? If that assertion is correct, the scenario above is a moot point.

If the club get it wrong and some of the 10+ away group are unable to get a ticket due to 'match picks', I agree that would be a pretty awful error of judgement on the club's part.

It is what i said indeed wolfie but that does not get away from the fact that the scenario of Johnny Come Lately's could possibly get a shout at tickets above Group One.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It is what i said indeed wolfie but that does not get away from the fact that the scenario of Johnny Come Lately's could possibly get a shout at tickets above Group One.

The club are sure that won't happen, though, which is what they told you.

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

The club are sure that won't happen, though, which is what they told you.

Not a they wolfie but one cog in a wheel that has input from bigger cogs if you follow what i am saying .

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Not a they wolfie but one cog in a wheel that has input from bigger cogs if you follow what i am saying .

Yes okay Tilly, I follow what you're saying and it's fair comment 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Ignoring the judgemental language.. isn’t that the whole point of the match pick system. But only for 1 or 2 matches each, versus 19 or 38 for the lucky few who were in the right place at the right time (taking nothing away from their loyalty that season).

Apparently the priority Group system is also the club’s creation rather than, say, a permanent contractual obligation, statutory right or divine privilege. There’s nothing perfectly or inherently fair about either.

If we're talking rights/wrongs and unfairness...., 2 seasons ago before lockdown in March we had played 15 of our 19 away matches. (16 if you include the next away game -Arsenal where tickets had already been sold)

Who the hell has decided the the attendance at any of those 15 games counts for absolutely nothing when calculating these priority groups??

Disgraceful

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

19 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If we're talking rights/wrongs and unfairness...., 2 seasons ago before lockdown in March we had played 15 of our 19 away matches.

Who the hell has decided the the attendance at any of those 15 games counts for absolutely nothing when calculating these priority groups??

Disgraceful

I would assume you went to a few - but more than the season before? just a guess. 

Edited by Greavsy

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Interesting that the 750 has become 500. As a member of the 750 who has attended 70% of away matches pre pandemic and attended games such as midweek at Preston maybe there are other people like me who will not pay the fee as a point of principle. It is unfair that we need to pay a fee to validate our loyalty.

It will also be interesting to know the decline from the original total number of 8,000. My wife and I and my son and fiancee bought last time but are now refusing. A friend who has bought 4 away season tickets in the past refuses to pay for this scheme.

That same friend also owns 4 lounge tickets at Carrow Road and confirms that the buyback rate of £20 covers only 45% of his outlay for those seats. He says that if he is not going, he will just leave the seats empty in protest at this poor return. I have received the standard letter for my season ticket claiming that I can claim the buyback but I was informed by telephone that because it is a seat for life I cannot claim. I didn't get any compensation for matches missed last year though I will never get them back.

Wolfie, the information you disclosed this morning re home matches is even more incredible, thank you for disclosing it. This must have been going on for some time. Why on earth haven't they disclosed it before? When they did disclose it 2 months ago, why didn't they minute it with some facts rather than just referring to 10% shortfall at other clubs? Why in the face of failing to get enough take up on matchdays have they increased the casual price by an average of nearly 50%? How will the roadmap that they refer to help? Is my friend in the lounge area right in saying that people in that area of the ground have greater tendency not to bother with the buyback system because of the relatively poor incentive?

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Interesting that the 750 has become 500. As a member of the 750 who has attended 70% of away matches pre pandemic and attended games such as midweek at Preston maybe there are other people like me who will not pay the fee as a point of principle. It is unfair that we need to pay a fee to validate our loyalty.

It will also be interesting to know the decline from the original total number of 8,000. My wife and I and my son and fiancee bought last time but are now refusing. A friend who has bought 4 away season tickets in the past refuses to pay for this scheme.

That same friend also owns 4 lounge tickets at Carrow Road and confirms that the buyback rate of £20 covers only 45% of his outlay for those seats. He says that if he is not going, he will just leave the seats empty in protest at this poor return. I have received the standard letter for my season ticket claiming that I can claim the buyback but I was informed by telephone that because it is a seat for life I cannot claim. I didn't get any compensation for matches missed last year though I will never get them back.

Wolfie, the information you disclosed this morning re home matches is even more incredible, thank you for disclosing it. This must have been going on for some time. Why on earth haven't they disclosed it before? When they did disclose it 2 months ago, why didn't they minute it with some facts rather than just referring to 10% shortfall at other clubs? Why in the face of failing to get enough take up on matchdays have they increased the casual price by an average of nearly 50%? How will the roadmap that they refer to help? Is my friend in the lounge area right in saying that people in that area of the ground have greater tendency not to bother with the buyback system because of the relatively poor incentive?

Have you got a ticket for life Essex?! you've never mentioned it!  😉 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Have you got a ticket for life Essex?! you've never mentioned it!  😉 

I am sure TIL worked it out long ago. It is a return on investment. An away membership would be likewise if the Club understood the meaning of the word 'full' as it appears in their Articles of Association. Then again Bojo doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'all' so I guess it is par for the course these days. No season ticket holder should have to pay this charge then be expected to DIY.

Just now, essex canary said:

I am sure TIL worked it out long ago. It is a return on investment. An away membership would be likewise if the Club understood the meaning of the word 'full' as it appears in their Articles of Association. Then again Bojo doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'all' so I guess it is par for the course these days. No season ticket holder should have to pay this charge then be expected to DIY.

I have no idea what you're trying to say there. 

12 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I don't have answers to any of the questions you've asked me there, I'm afraid. I could put any or all of these questions up for consideration to go onto what will no doubt be a packed agenda at our next meeting in September, but I do think you'd be better advised speaking to the club directly... not least because then they're dealing directly with a name and a face (and a loyal customer/supporter), rather than me trying to act as a mouthpiece/middleman for someone I've never met.

@Feedthewolf

Whilst I fully understand this forum is only one place of many strands that feed into the OSP, and its  not a pinkun representative position on the panel. I have seen a few comments of items to be suggested for the agenda. Obviously not all will make it to the final agenda, and there is no guarantee that those are on the agenda will get a great degree of air time at the next meeting. 

However, would you / other panel members be able to post a list of what has has already been suggested, and requests for any more items before the agenda deadline passes. I think these things tend to be organic, and whilst you will start with a lot of suggestions some will be long running / repeated, and others will die away over time. 

I know post meeting the minutes will be issued from the club, so we will see what has been discussed  / agreed etc. 

Finally - Re you last comment, about being a mouth piece someone you have never met, isnt that the case / purpose of being a fans representative? 

41 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I didn't get any compensation for matches missed last year though I will never get them back.

1.  What sort of compensation are you expecting for a season where essentially no one went to a game (other than a few lucky thousand in September and late December?)

2.  How do you expect the club to manage tickets which are returned to them in the hours leading up to a game?  If they suddenly receive 300 tickets, and there are only 100 people asking for tickets a couple of hours/an hour before the match then what do you propose the club do with those 200 extra tickets?  It's the season ticket holders that are the problem here, not the club.

3.  The club have to make a sensible compromise on buybacks, season ticket holders are in a privileged position of having a guaranteed seat for each home league game, if your friend in the lounge area doesn't feel he or she is incentivised enough to sell their ticket back to the club for £20 a game, then again that is their problem, not the clubs.  I personally think it says more about them that they are prepared to throw away £30 or whatever the difference would be based on some sort of principle.

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

@Feedthewolf

Whilst I fully understand this forum is only one place of many strands that feed into the OSP, and its  not a pinkun representative position on the panel. I have seen a few comments of items to be suggested for the agenda. Obviously not all will make it to the final agenda, and there is no guarantee that those are on the agenda will get a great degree of air time at the next meeting. 

However, would you / other panel members be able to post a list of what has has already been suggested, and requests for any more items before the agenda deadline passes. I think these things tend to be organic, and whilst you will start with a lot of suggestions some will be long running / repeated, and others will die away over time. 

I know post meeting the minutes will be issued from the club, so we will see what has been discussed  / agreed etc. 

Finally - Re you last comment, about being a mouth piece someone you have never met, isnt that the case / purpose of being a fans representative? 

I think what you suggest in the first two paragraphs is fair and logical. It's difficult to keep track of everything that's mentioned, so it'd probably make sense to have a thread where we collate such ideas. Would be good if @Lessingham Canary and @ncfcstarcould help out with this. If you or anyone else can remember anything that I said should be considered for the agenda, please feel free to let me know on this thread and I'll be sure to keep a better record of things from hereon in.

I know one overarching theme was a general lack of communication from the club relating to home/away membership schemes, ticketing availability and so on.

Fair point on my last sentence, I worded it badly. I just meant that if Essex Canary contacted the club directly, he would do so as a fan with a name and a membership number to whom they would reply directly. That is much more likely to get a faster, more thorough and more direct response than me saying "this is another query that someone from the Pinkun message board asked me two months ago".