Norfolk  Dan

Match Pick - Away members

Gone for Brentford. Only ground in the prem I haven’t been too so was a no brainier for me really. The fact I’ve selected and it’s gone through means I guaranteed a ticket providing I purchase when they tell me too I’m assuming? The website I feel isn’t the clearest. 

5 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Gone for Brentford. Only ground in the prem I haven’t been too so was a no brainier for me really. The fact I’ve selected and it’s gone through means I guaranteed a ticket providing I purchase when they tell me too I’m assuming? The website I feel isn’t the clearest. 

If all away members chose Brentford as their match pick and then applied for tickets then, no, you wouldn’t be guaranteed one. At least, that’s how I understand it. That’s pretty unlikely though, even if Brentford seems to be the popular pick on this thread (must be because they’re such a superior football team 😉).

On 30/07/2021 at 20:09, Uncle Fred said:

I to am one of the 750 and as the Uber elite fans of the club we deserve far more than we currently get, not just first stab at the tickets but also choice of the prime seats as well

You do get reserved seats on Cabbage don't you? At least that what the grumpy old tw4t told my son when he tried to hook him out of his seat going to Derby one night. 

51 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

You do get reserved seats on Cabbage don't you? At least that what the grumpy old tw4t told my son when he tried to hook him out of his seat going to Derby one night. 

Sounds like he made the mistake of going on coach one rookie error 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Sounds like he made the mistake of going on coach one rookie error 😊

I think you're right UF. My lad didn't go with Cabbage again so presumably Mr Grumpy was able to sit in his seat the following week. 

On 29/07/2021 at 14:44, Norfolk Dan said:

Easy to drive up.... We shall make a plan... 

Just got my confirmation for Brentford mate 👍

I’m guessing everyone’s gone Brentford then?! How far away is it from Griffin Park, and is there a boozer that will sell scampi for Fred?

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I think you're right UF. My lad didn't go with Cabbage again so presumably Mr Grumpy was able to sit in his seat the following week. 

Some people think they have the right to reserve seats, but the club have confirmed to me previously that isn't the case. 

Just now, Alex Moss said:

I’m guessing everyone’s gone Brentford then?! How far away is it from Griffin Park, and is there a boozer that will sell scampi for Fred?

If you google map, it's not very far at all Alex. 

There is a bottle of wine in the fridge there already for you too mate! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

If you google map, it's not very far at all Alex. 

There is a bottle of wine in the fridge there already for you too mate! 

Very kind of you Greavsy, but I gave up the wine nearly 2 weeks ago after a long and not very glittering career 😂. I’m getting the hang of ‘Maiden’s Water’ now - lager! 

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Very kind of you Greavsy, but I gave up the wine nearly 2 weeks ago after a long and not very glittering career 😂. I’m getting the hang of ‘Maiden’s Water’ now - lager! 

Urghh! And I thought you had some class! 

Peroni and the like I'd assume, none of this Stella mullarky! 😊 

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

If all away members chose Brentford as their match pick and then applied for tickets then, no, you wouldn’t be guaranteed one. At least, that’s how I understand it. That’s pretty unlikely though, even if Brentford seems to be the popular pick on this thread (must be because they’re such a superior football team 😉).

Have also gone for Brentford…I assumed that as soon as a particular games allocation was full then that match would disappear from the list.

my email says I am gteed one game and I only have 2 days to pick it so how else could it work

3 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Have also gone for Brentford…I assumed that as soon as a particular games allocation was full then that match would disappear from the list.

my email says I am gteed one game and I only have 2 days to pick it so how else could it work

Fair point, I haven’t gone on the site yet so wasn’t aware it worked like this. Would be good to see what the in-demand matches are.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Fair point, I haven’t gone on the site yet so wasn’t aware it worked like this. Would be good to see what the in-demand matches are.

I don’t know how it works..just my assumption. I have just had a look and  all 19 games are still listed

Depends which Away Sales group you are in as to whether or not you definitely get a ticket for your chosen match I believe.  Brentford’s new stadium isn’t that big so number of tickets may be low.

5 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

You’re buying a ticket for a gooner to sit in with our fans ?

Yes and he's promised to wear his full kit with Henry 14 on the back.

59 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

Depends which Away Sales group you are in as to whether or not you definitely get a ticket for your chosen match I believe.  Brentford’s new stadium isn’t that big so number of tickets may be low.

If that’s the case , why would my letter say I am gteed a ticket? . 

also says on the back of the letter that I have to purchase the ticket in the dedicated sale window for my already reserved ticket 

Edited by city4eva

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

If that’s the case , why would my letter say I am gteed a ticket? . 

also says on the back of the letter that I have to purchase the ticket in the dedicated sale window for my already reserved ticket 

Unless you are in Group One city4eva you most certainly will not have a reserved ticket for away games.

They’ve not been very clear though have they whether they’ve capped the numbers who can match pick any particular game? What happens if 3000 people all choose Brentford? Or if 2000 do. Would some of the group 1 750 then miss out if they’ve not picked Brentford?

you’d hope someone with a bit of nous has put a cap on each fixture to stop it being over subscribed. 

20 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Unless you are in Group One city4eva you most certainly will not have a reserved ticket for away games.

This is correct. The Club’s order confirmation email actually says,

”Thank you for selecting (game) as your away match pick. To be guaranteed tickets for this fixture you will need to purchase your match tickets on the (game) match pick date.”

What’s not clear from anything I’ve seen so far is whether all who chose that particular game will be in the same mad scramble on the day to get a ticket that day, first come, first served, or not? 

28 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Don’t think you are quite right there Til. If the whole away allocation is taken up by match picks for a game then (unless they’ve capped it) presumably even group 1 people could miss out for that game (unless they have it as their match pick).

2 minutes ago, GMF said:

This is correct. The Club’s order confirmation email actually says,

”Thank you for selecting (game) as your away match pick. To be guaranteed tickets for this fixture you will need to purchase your match tickets on the (game) match pick date.”

What’s not clear from anything I’ve seen so far is whether all who chose that particular game will be in the same mad scramble on the day to get a ticket that day, first come, first served, or not? 

Yes. The window dates are up and it’s basically a 24 hour window. What is a little unclear though is whether you are guaranteed a ticket as they are capping numbers or whether it’s theoretically possible (if unlikely) for games to be over subscribed. 

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Don’t think you are quite right there Til. If the whole away allocation is taken up by match picks for a game then (unless they’ve capped it) presumably even group 1 people could miss out for that game (unless they have it as their match pick).

Group One if they apply in the window allocated to that Group will get a ticket.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Group One if they apply in the window allocated to that Group will get a ticket.

In practice I’m sure you are right but as I read it they are not guaranteed one. For example if 2250 people all choose Brentford for match pick then there may be no tickets left for Group 1.

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

In practice I’m sure you are right but as I read it they are not guaranteed one. For example if 2250 people all choose Brentford for match pick then there may be no tickets left for Group 1.

I had a long conversation Jim with Danny Casey the ticket office manager this afternoon and i am comfortable that what i have stated is correct. Your example rather defeats the object of having the various Groups with seperate application days and would make it a free for all.

Edited by TIL 1010

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

I had a long conversation Jim with Danny Casey the ticket office manager this afternoon and i am comfortable that what i have stated is correct.

So they have capped the numbers for match pick then?

43 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That’s not what it says on the letter I received ( I am not in group 1)

note 4 on that letter says..when away tickets for your selected game are placed on sale there will be a dedicated sakes window for you to physically purchase your already reserved ticket…

Please tell me that means what it says

If you actually look at the information for 2020-21 season, the guaranteed tickets, group 1 as  10+ games and match picks as group two. However, the 2021-22 season there’s a subtle change, with the match picks actually listed before group one,  the 10+ group.

• Thanks 1