Norfolk  Dan

Match Pick - Away members

10 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Just had away membership details come In the post. 

Heads up, we have under a 3 day window to pick your match. 

2nd Aug 10am to 4th Aug 5pm. 

http://Tickets.canaries.co.uk/matchpick

Just need to check dates for the Ipswich away...oh... Nevermind... Fancy a trip to Brentford's new ground...

Yep, I fancy the Brentford game too mate 😉👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Easy to drive up.... We shall make a plan... 

Excellent mate. I’ll give you a text re Liverpool game and an ale too 👍

I am guessing Brentford will be a popular pick, how will it work if more choose Brentford than there are tickets available, given that each away member is only allowed one pick

10 minutes ago, city4eva said:

I am guessing Brentford will be a popular pick, how will it work if more choose Brentford than there are tickets available, given that each away member is only allowed one pick

The ones  who are  surplus to quota have a choice, refund or double refund and sit on Waveneys lap.

You pick and can not change your choice. We only have that window to pick in else you loose your Match Pick. Thus I wanted to share with my fellow "pinkuners"... Hmmm... What are we? Pinky's? Pinker's? Nevermind... Brentford for me, will always get a ticket for the other south coast games, so just hope I'm not working.,.

The 750 Elite do not have to select a match pick as they are guaranteed a tcket for all games as long as the ticket is purchased in the group one window.

16 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The 750 Elite do not have to select a match pick as they are guaranteed a tcket for all games as long as the ticket is purchased in the group one window.

How do you know the 750 elite is intact?  The wife and I qualify but will refuse to pay the fee because we don't believe in having to validate loyalty. At least that gives you more opportunity.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

How do you know the 750 elite is intact?  The wife and I qualify but will refuse to pay the fee because we don't believe in having to validate loyalty. At least that gives you more opportunity.

Well obviously it's only intact if you pay the £25 away membership fee. Did you not pay it two seasons ago ? 

If you did you'll already have it in credit in your NCFC account and it can be rolled over to season 2021/22

To be honest it must be very difficult to qualify if you didn't have away membership previously

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

As a member of 750 10 away games group why do other supporters knock and ridicule these loyal supporters genuinely don't understand would mr Tilson like to explain?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, keefyboy said:

As a member of 750 10 away games group why do other supporters knock and ridicule these loyal supporters genuinely don't understand would mr Tilson like to explain?

I suspect it maybe because he doesn't see why 2 people paying the same fee should get a different level of service. I have some sympathy with that.

My logic is that as a member who would otherwise qualify, typically attending two thirds of away games in the recent past I don't see why I should pay to frank my loyalty.

Perhaps both reasons explain why away fees at other clubs are only charged to those who attend all or nearly all away matches with the tickets being automatically sent to them. 

All of this ought to have been subject to supporter consultation review prior to the start of the season bearing in mind that there are 15 matches of experience behind us.

3 hours ago, keefyboy said:

I to am one of the 750 and as the Uber elite fans of the club we deserve far more than we currently get, not just first stab at the tickets but also choice of the prime seats as well

6 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I suspect it maybe because he doesn't see why 2 people paying the same fee should get a different level of service. I have some sympathy with that.

My logic is that as a member who would otherwise qualify, typically attending two thirds of away games in the recent past I don't see why I should pay to frank my loyalty.

Perhaps both reasons explain why away fees at other clubs are only charged to those who attend all or nearly all away matches with the tickets being automatically sent to them. 

All of this ought to have been subject to supporter consultation review prior to the start of the season bearing in mind that there are 15 matches of experience behind us.

There is a difference between an away season ticket - as you appear to describe in your 3rd point, to away memberships which is what the club is offering. 

This set up was agreed for the season before last, and I assume with the relevant bodies but was never implemented due to COVID denying fans the opportunity to go, so there is no change to be discussed. 

If you paid to 'frank you loyalty' would that pass to you offspring for future seasons? 

Edited by Greavsy

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

I to am one of the 750 and as the Uber elite fans of the club we deserve far more than we currently get, not just first stab at the tickets but also choice of the prime seats as well

And a free scampi dinner at 1/2 time Uncle? 

Because youre worth it! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, essex canary said:

I have paid the away membership fee and been notified i am in Group one so provided i apply for a ticket in the Group one purchase window i will get one. Leave it a day or two and i won't .

A few observations.

First, the 750 ‘elites’ are a combination of the 230 (ish) away season ticket holders that existed at the time the away membership scheme was introduced back in 2019, plus the 500 (ish) 10 plus away games attendees from the previous 2018-19 season.

Second, despite being asked for an actual breakdown (using the revised groups) for the number of away games attended for the 15 away games in 2019-20, the Club has (so far) declined to provide that analysis. Their reasoning being that the last system was flawed, so the data was irrelevant. 🤔

Third, for those with decent memories, one of the reasons given to justify the introduction of the away membership fee, back in 2019, was because the casual home games ticket prices were, at D&M’s request, fixed to the same as away cap of £30 a ticket. Fast forward to 2021-22 and that cap for home game prices has gone, but, guess what, yep, the away membership fee continues!

I suppose that there’s a wider debate to be had, retrospectively, whether it’s really necessary to have double membership fees for non season ticket holders or, for that matter, for season ticket holders for the privilege of securing tickets to away games? 

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I have paid the away membership fee and been notified i am in Group one so provided i apply for a ticket in the Group one purchase window i will get one. Leave it a day or two and i won't .

But like me John you will go - does that make me elite of course not - I am following the club rules paid my £25 and health permitting look forward to attending every away game

16 hours ago, keefyboy said:

But like me John you will go - does that make me elite of course not - I am following the club rules paid my £25 and health permitting look forward to attending every away game

It was tongue in cheek Keith my old friend as it was Nutty Nigel who first used the expression ' Elite ' when talking about Away season ticket holders and those in Group one who had been to 10 or more away games in a season.

19 hours ago, GMF said:

A few observations.

First, the 750 ‘elites’ are a combination of the 230 (ish) away season ticket holders that existed at the time the away membership scheme was introduced back in 2019, plus the 500 (ish) 10 plus away games attendees from the previous 2018-19 season.

Second, despite being asked for an actual breakdown (using the revised groups) for the number of away games attended for the 15 away games in 2019-20, the Club has (so far) declined to provide that analysis. Their reasoning being that the last system was flawed, so the data was irrelevant. 🤔

Third, for those with decent memories, one of the reasons given to justify the introduction of the away membership fee, back in 2019, was because the casual home games ticket prices were, at D&M’s request, fixed to the same as away cap of £30 a ticket. Fast forward to 2021-22 and that cap for home game prices has gone, but, guess what, yep, the away membership fee continues!

I suppose that there’s a wider debate to be had, retrospectively, whether it’s really necessary to have double membership fees for non season ticket holders or, for that matter, for season ticket holders for the privilege of securing tickets to away games? 

Not sure how it can be right that the only data theyre using to determine priority groups is from 3 seasons ago?!.

Yes, it was the last full season that fans were allowed to attend away matches ...but how can three quarter of a seasons worth of away game attendance from August to March until lockdown , from the season before last be completely dismissed by the club??

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Interested in people's thoughts on what match I should pick

Will be London based so hoping to go to the majority there

Do you think games against the bigger teams will sell out first, or do you think as they have bigger stadiums (and bigger stadium capacity) they are more likely to have capacity further through the sell windows?

Gone with Liverpool away... was going to go with Leeds as its my nearest and that but figured I'll still get a good chance at those tickets or at worst I'll just watch down the pub in the centre of Leeds or something.

Not yet been to Anfield for a game so one to tick off

I've gone Arsenal.

My old man had a bypass and stroke recently so he wont be going for a little while.

My mates Arsenal and hasnt been Emirates, so will take him down.

Yes, I’m curious what everyone else is going for. I live in the East Midlands so am hoping I’ll be able to get tickets for the more northern matches anyway as the journey is so much further, meaning tickets will be less in demand. My son lives in London, so I’m thinking of going for a London game so I can see him that weekend as well, and since it’s closer to Norfolk and easier to get to, I’m thinking they’ll be more popular. But then, I’ve never been to Old Trafford…

Decisions, decisions! 🤔😧

To be honest, if you just want 1 ticket, you pretty much can get one for any away match. Brentford is my pick. It is a date that I am free... Will be a fun day out at the new ground. 

• Like 1

To be honest, if you just want 1 ticket, you pretty much can get one for any away match. Brentford is my pick. It is a date that I am free... Will be a fun day out at the new ground. 

The problem is no one knows yet when the games are actually being played - they could move time/day very easily.

I just did my son’s home match pick as Liverpool - seemed to make most sense as it’s a ‘fixed’ kick off.  Looking at it, I’m not sure there’ll be many casual seats available for home games.  It seems he gets an away pick too, I think, but s/t holders don’t - that seems a bit odd.

35 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

My mates Arsenal and hasnt been Emirates, so will take him down.

You’re buying a ticket for a gooner to sit in with our fans ?

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

You’re buying a ticket for a gooner to sit in with our fans ?

Some people have friends FF! 😊