Harry53

Todd going or staying?

I was at the celebration dinner and Todd made a welcome appearance and made positive comments about his season ahead with City. However he couldn't exactly say anything else but as there is still speculation about him going to Villa, I am not convinced we can hang onto him. 

If he has been offered an extended contract then he has refused it, or maybe a 3 year deal is not yet on the table and it will be done before the start of the season? 

Thoughts? 

I have been told villa are looking at £20 million for Cantwell. Personally I would take it. Also anything more of course. I honestly feel Cantwell is an average at best premier League player who has always looked better when teams are trying to stop Buendia. £20 million + and I would be very happy. If Cantwell is £20 million Buendia should have been a lot more but that's another discussion 😂

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Canaries north said:

I have been told villa are looking at £20 million for Cantwell. Personally I would take it. Also anything more of course. I honestly feel Cantwell is an average at best premier League player who has always looked better when teams are trying to stop Buendia. £20 million + and I would be very happy. If Cantwell is £20 million Buendia should have been a lot more but that's another discussion 😂

I mean this is nonsense. Cantwell out performed Buendia last time in the Premier League. The attitude some fans have towards Todd makes zero sense - all other Premier League fans of other clubs always identify Todd as being a top talent when they watch him play.

Anyway, he won't be going for £20 million, as Webber has already said he would only let Todd go for more than the Emi deal was worth to us, and rightly so.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Canaries north said:

Please tell me this post is a joke

33 minutes ago, Grando said:

I can confirm that Todd will definitely be going or staying.

Thanks for putting that to bed for us, I'll sleep better tonight now.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Canaries north said:

I honestly feel Cantwell is an average at best premier League player 

Considering we have a few players that can only aspire to be premier league players, you'd have thought we should be doing what we can to keep the premier league quality players we actually do have?

43 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean this is nonsense. Cantwell out performed Buendia last time in the Premier League. The attitude some fans have towards Todd makes zero sense - all other Premier League fans of other clubs always identify Todd as being a top talent when they watch him play.

Anyway, he won't be going for £20 million, as Webber has already said he would only let Todd go for more than the Emi deal was worth to us, and rightly so.

You have been told…well, can’t argue with that🤨

So in summary:

Having attended the dinner , Todd was positive but what else could he say, as if he has been offered an extended contract then he has refused it, or possibly not, because if it was a 3 year deal it might be done before the start of the season. 

To conclude: 

No one has the foggiest idea, and none of the other threads about Todd would be suitable to say this on. 

50 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Todd a better player than Emi then? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Certainly had more end product in the Premier League that season, that we know is a fact.

59 minutes ago, hogesar said:

This. In spades 👍

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Certainly had more end product in the Premier League that season, that we know is a fact.

Well if Norwich want more for Cantwell than they received for Emi he ain’t going anywhere yet. As good as Cantwell was last season Emi was levels above. 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Well if Norwich want more for Cantwell than they received for Emi he ain’t going anywhere yet. As good as Cantwell was last season Emi was levels above. 

But not in the Premier League, Todd was the man that season. Hoping he stays 🙏

Unless Grealish goes to Man City and Villa make Todd their number 1 target, he's going nowhere this window. It would take a £35m offer to even make us think about it.

It will probably delay him committing to a new deal though

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

But not in the Premier League, Todd was the man that season. Hoping he stays 🙏

I’m sure Webber will stick to his valuation so Todd will be here until at least January.

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 hour ago, Canaries north said:

There are players in the league below being valued higher than that who haven’t done anything in the prem 🤣

Funny old market at the moment and you have to factor in potential wages. Man Utd get Varane for £34m, so can Todd really be worth £30m?

I think Man City will feel they will now need to strengthen as might Liverpool, which could kick off a chain reaction of events. A long way to go yet in this window

It's a shame Todd isn't already on a longer contract. I know we have the option of another year, but it doesn't mean he will be happy with it, especially if we turn down bids around £20m plus.

I'd hate to see him go but it could go either way.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Nah, but having already lost Emi and now being later in the window, I suggest Webber isn't keen on losing any more now. Hence the price requirement being fairly unrealistic. 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Take what ever Villa are willing to offer and I will personally drive him over to  Birmingham 

That would be a fun drive for both parties. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That would be a fun drive for both parties. 

A stop  at Harry Ramsden's for some scampi on route too, id guess! 

12 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Take what ever Villa are willing to offer and I will personally drive him over to  Birmingham 

if he can fit in

The Invalid Carriage Register | The history of Invalid Carriages…

17 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Let's hope you don't remember the way back.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

I would normally agree with every word, but isn’t this Todd’s final year contract? Do we have an option on an extra year? If not, then Cantwell could well go for a lot less than Buendia as he runs his contract out will cost us long term. It might be that Cantwell doesn’t want to renew and we’re forced to sell.

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

The deal's not happening. The idea that he would be prepared to spend 3 hours locked in a car with you is unthinkable............. 😉 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grando said:

Or both.

Schrodinger's Cantwell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Grando said:

In other exciting news, he has either been offered a new contract or hasn’t, and if he was offered one, he might have rejected it. Or not. 

Or something else…

Todd is worth more than £20m for us.

As for the pointless Emi v Todd output debate - yes todd score 6 goals to Buendias one in the prem last time, yet only created 2 goals to Emis 7;   8 direct goal involvements each with both players on the pitch for c2500 mins each and taking shots at the same rate per game & near identical pass success rates of c80%.    Very similar in "output" performance so should also be for value, other than Emi signed the contracts to ensure we get a decent a price,  while Todds contract committment hasnt been so clear,  even if the departure was as likely.

The two areas of output performance difference was was in chances created  - 83 ( for Emi (4th best in the prem that season) compared to todds 35 (49th) - and the ability to dribble past the opponent, where Emi completed 102 (4th best) compared to Todds 49 (36th). 

We have been lucky to have both of these players in our side at the same time.

Whoscored is a treasure trove

• Like 2