TIL 1010

R.I.P. Lappinitup.

Frequently a voice of reason. I didn't know him but the comments his passing has generated shows how much esteem he was held in, and that's not a bad legacy.

48 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Do you remember a few years ago someone getting very irate about his avatar and how it was mortally offending him...can't remember the name of that guy but he seemed a bit of a crackpot....

I didn't remember that, but as I'm off work for a few weeks following an embarrassing accident at a wedding, I thought I'd have a bit of a search.

Is this the thread? A fellow called Graham was talking about the picture of the dog making him feel sick. TBH, I think Graham was perhaps half joking? It begins on Page 14.

Holiday Inn for sale - Page 14 - Main Discussion - Norwich City - The Pinkun Forums

18 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I didn't remember that, but as I'm off work for a few weeks following an embarrassing accident at a wedding, I thought I'd have a bit of a search.

Is this the thread? A fellow called Graham was talking about the picture of the dog making him feel sick. TBH, I think Graham was perhaps half joking? It begins on Page 14.

Holiday Inn for sale - Page 14 - Main Discussion - Norwich City - The Pinkun Forums

Yes that's the one! I remember in another thread he started spouting religious zeal and condeming Blasphemers. Perhaps it was a comedy account, I just don't remember it seeming so at the time...but then again that was apparently 8 years ago now!!!

OMG just logged on to see this.

Very sad news and condolences to his family and friends.

Very sharp witted, it seems like only a few days ago he posted. He'll be much missed and the matchday thread won't feel quite the same.

I just wanted to add my sincere condolences to Lapp's family and friends.  Thanks to Til for informing us all and also to Diane for posting the lovely photo of Lapps with Russ.  As a long-time reader of this message board, I always appreciated Lapp's posts and would often log on a hour before kick off to get the team news from him.  From what has been written by those who knew him, he was obviously a lovely guy.

I'd also like to add that it was touching that so many apparently diverse personalities on here have shown equal good-heartedness in their condolences and tributes.  I've noted a few times this has happened when there has been news of a poster passing away.  It makes me feel especially positive about this messageboard as an online community.

Best wishes to all

• Like 7

My condolences too, always feels shocking when we "lose" somebody from the forum, but is obviously so much worse for his nearest and dearest.

RIP fellow NCFC fan

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Wow. Going OT a bit but that was a blast from the past, horrific quoting, Morty and Mister Chops, Wiz in reincarnated form and lots more. Lapps funny as ever.

• Like 1

Such sad news, it really pulls you up short when something shocking like this happens. Will miss his posts and humour.

Deep condolences to his family and friends. RIP

17 hours ago, Diane said:

I knew I had a lovely picture of Lapps at one of our events, took me a long time to find it but with a little help from Eddie on dates,  here it is, was taken at our August 2015  fans forum which was our very first event

He was so pleased to get his cake from Russ

lapps birthday.jpg

Lovely pic, Diane. 2 gents of our club. One from the pitch, one from the stands. The whole forum and Pink’un family has lost a mate here. I hope this thread eventually takes its place alongside Ray’s as a permanent memorial to everyone’s friend on here 💫

• Like 3

Oh what really sad news, another old timer gone to the Great Carrow Road in the sky.

I have enjoyed sparing with him over the years. He could always see the funny side of anything. Will be sadly missed

Mick had a great forum name and was apt indeed...i always lapped up his comments and  all who contribute to this forum, great and small, will miss his input very much.

Did not know him personally, but he felt to be a friend, but many condolences to  nearest and dearest of Mick, its genuine sadness to hear this news. RIP Mick.

Logged in for the first time in ages to send my condolences. 

Loved Lapps, often his one liners made me chuckle. He will certainly be missed from this community. 

Thoughts are with his family 😢

RIP Lappinitup - bring that yellow and green cheer and dry humour up with angels. 

Edited by Sideshow Tim

Utterly gutted to hear this. More a lurker than poster nowadays but always enjoyed Lapp’s sense of humour and posts. RIP Lapps and condolences to your family. 

Totally shocked and saddened to hear this news. I never met Mick, but nonetheless, through his posts on here, I felt as though I knew him. His posts on this board always displayed a wit and mischievous sense of humour as well as a great love of and deep knowledge of our club. I recall him having the odd spat on here, but he always managed to make his point with a grace and levity that the rest of us could all learn from. 

RIP Lapps, you will be greatly missed. Deepest condolences to your family at this very sad time. 

Mick's daughter Creanne rang me this morning and asked me to put this message on here which she had posted on the Rays Funds Facebook page.

Roy Creanne Gaul

yO9BVSOo4qE.png
I will be arranging a venue to celebrate his life as Dad didn’t want a funeral. I would like to invite everyone who knew him to come along. I will keep you all posted once I know more. If anyone else has anymore pictures of him, please post them 💔
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Was fortunate to met Mick on a couple of occasions and always felt comfortable in his company.  One of the posters you'd stop and read on any topic.

Condolences and my thoughts are with his family and close friends at this time.

Very saddened to hear this news. Lapps was one of the stalwarts on here. Always had a quick riposte with a disarming tongue-in-cheek style. Will be missed for sure. Many condolences to all who knew him.

• Like 1

I thought I would pull together some of the comments about lapps, just to show how well-regarded he was:

Lapps was a fantastic part of this community, and I shall miss him greatly on here even though I never had the privilege of meeting him.

I didn't know him like some of you guys on here but always found him to be a great poster with an easy attitude and a great sense of humour, never taking things too seriously.

I hope his family and friends find comfort in that he was liked so much on here and the impact he had on others.

Had the pleasure of meeting Mick several times over the last few years and always found his sense of humour and sense of fun was brilliant and of course he is a legend on here and liked by so many.

Lapps was a top poster, a top PUP and a top man. Was always there for me and Rays Funds and never missed a week in 14 years.

I’m stunned. I got to know Mick in the Nelson after matches. Good fun to be with and he would always see the good in people.

Desperately sad news. Mick really was a top man, always pleased to see fellow posters and had  a real sense of mischief, something often evident in his posts on here. 

Eddie (Nutty Nigel) first introduced me to Mick at the Nelson several years back, and it was an absolute pleasure finally meeting him after sharing banter and fun on here for years previously, just as many of us have all done right up until only a day or two.

An absolutely fabulous chap, I'm thinking of his family tonight.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mick at his invitation out of the blue, for the first time pre-covid, thank god I went.  Rest In Peace, Lapps,  you will be sorely missed.

His decency and humour shone through his threads and he'll be missed by all. This news has come as a shock and I'm sure many like me will shed a tear.

Lapps was always a voice of reason, a great man and a great supporter of Rays Funds and a true canary.

There’s a small group of posters on here I think of as part of the foundations of this board and Lapps was without question one of them. Witty (right from the start with his username), forthright with his views but self-deprecating and above all intelligent. RIP.

One of the posters who always had something informative, funny or quick-witted to say, but was always genuine, kind and fair. RIP to a proper class act.

• Like 2

This photo popped up as a Facebook memory today from 2015. I think it shows @nutty nigel and dear old Lapps congratulating me on the PUPs League win that year. 😂

May be an image of 3 people

• Like 3