TIL 1010

R.I.P. Lappinitup.

This is very sad news. I've always enjoyed his contributions and sharp humour. He is a name I've known ever since I have posted on this forum. My condolences to his family and a thought to all of you who knew Lapps.

• Like 1

Desperately sad news. Mick really was a top man, always pleased to see fellow posters and had  a real sense of mischief, something often evident in his posts on here. 

Thoughts are with all his family and friends, he will be very much missed. 

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family and friends.

Definitely one of the Pink Un's top posters and always got the measure of this board just right imo.

Edited by Crabbycanary3

This is such a shock and very sad news.  

Lappinitup was a top PUP, very supportive to those making the picks each week. I met him a couple of times in the Nelson. His contributions will be missed this coming season.

My condolences to his family and friends.  

I am so sorry to hear this.

If anybody is in contact with the family, please say that he will be missed on the Pink Un message board. 

At times I wish we all had to use our real names, and that we could talk in person rather than virtually.

RIP

I echo the sentiments of many in this thread; I never met him but it's still desperately sad news and it comes as even more of a shock online as you never suspect that they have any health issues when they're still posting regularly.

Condolences to his loved ones and those of you who knew him in 'real life'.

Condolences to the family. Sad times. Hopefully these messages will provide some comfort to them all. 

Thanks for sharing Tilly. 

RIP

Pink Un Legend. 

Had the measure of many on here - a very sharp wit, always a pleasure to have a pint with him in the Nelson. 

Will be sorely missed - RIP “Lapps”

Have woken up to this and am absolutely stunned to the point I’m not even sure what to say. Eddie (Nutty Nigel) first introduced me to Mick at the Nelson several years back, and it was an absolute pleasure finally meeting him after sharing banter and fun on here for years previously, just as many of us have all done right up until only a day or two. And I got the strong impression that he took real pleasure from being able to put a face to a name from here, as I do myself. So I’m very sad and shocked to hear this news, and I’m just gutted to think he won’t be able to see what happens further under the Farke revolution as you knew he was so looking forward to this season. You realise what a fantastic group of City supporters we have on here, whatever our beliefs regarding what’s best for the club, when you meet someone like Mick finally in the flesh, that is for sure.

My thoughts are with Tilly, Eddie etc, and of course Mick’s daughter and family at this difficult time. He will be very much missed by us all. Sleep well Lapp’s me old mucker OTBC 💛💚

• Like 2

Very sad and shocking news. Lapps' posts were always ones I would look out for and read with respect ... unlike some others.

Condolences to his family. This has been such a dark time to be alive .

Genuinely shocking. Terrible news, condolences to his friends and family.

Genuinely saddened to hear to this, what a shocker. Condolences to Lappinitup’s family.

Never conversed with him directly but he has been an unspoken, unchallenged anchor poster for this forum. Noticed he’d favoured quality over quantity more recently, no less welcome for it. Hope he is resting in peace.

Edited by GenerationA47

I didnt know the man,  but he came across  as a smart and witty fella.

RIP.

Who will keep track of Waveneys  aliases now? 

Having just seen this I am totally stunned.

An absolutely fabulous chap, I'm thinking of his family tonight.

One day we'll cozy up again, as Ray would say.

Totally devastated.

I am pretty sure Lappinitup was around on the various versions of this forum for a jolly long time.

I rocked up here '98/'99 and I want to say he was about then but my memory of the forum as it was then, isn't so great.

However long he has been a part of this little corner of the intwebs community, to me, he was part of the furniture. One of the regulars. He'll certainly be missed, of that there is no doubt.

My condolences to his family and friends. The NCFC family has lost another of it's flock, sad times.😢

As others have said, really sad news. I never met him but will definitely miss him on here. He was part of the furniture in the best possible way.

Thoughts and condolences to his friends and family.

I was not aware of his poor health.  I had the pleasure of meeting Mick at his invitation out of the blue, for the first time pre-covid, thank god I went.  Rest In Peace Lapps,  you will be sorely missed.

• Like 1

This is a real shock. Always seemed a very chirpy and positive guy on here with a good sense of humour, will be a real miss on here but more so to family and friends I'm sure, my thoughts are with them. RIP Mick. 

I knew I had a lovely picture of Lapps at one of our events, took me a long time to find it but with a little help from Eddie on dates,  here it is, was taken at our August 2015  fans forum which was our very first event

He was so pleased to get his cake from Russ

lapps birthday.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1