Matt Morriss

Vaccine Passports - October 1st

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Until they decide its time for a top up I reckon.

Or a reprint of yours! 😊 😊 

6 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:
10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I've looked through those articles and all I can see is that it says re-infection is quite possible, if not likely - the same as all the other lesser coronaviruses that have been around for years.  The problem is that THIS corona virus is a lot worse than the other ones that get passed around - those that just give you common cold like symptoms. This one needs to be kept in check and the sooner people like you get that into their heads, the better it will be for everyone.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-national-surveillance-of-possible-covid-19-reinfection-published-by-phe

Viruses mutate - that is how they keep going and that article says as much and says that vigilance should be high.

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

Why would masks be compulsory when nightclubs can open and be jam packed without masks…

The flip answer is because I go to football matches and I don't go to nightclubs. As to the serious answer you would need to put that question to the UK government.

As someone else has posted, government published research says reinfection in the UK is at roughly 0.4%, so out of the 5.75m people who have had covid roughly 23000 have had it again. Whilst the risk of reinfection is slim, it is still there, not "a handful" of cases as is being claimed. Also, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57761343 is the link to the woman dying whilst having 2 different strains of covid at the same time.

1 minute ago, cornish sam said:

As someone else has posted, government published research says reinfection in the UK is at roughly 0.4%, so out of the 5.75m people who have had covid roughly 23000 have had it again. Whilst the risk of reinfection is slim, it is still there, not "a handful" of cases as is being claimed. Also, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57761343 is the link to the woman dying whilst having 2 different strains of covid at the same time.

Sam, when will learn to stop coming on here and derailing an argument with your accurate and actual facts.... That's not how it works? 😛 😄 

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I've looked through those articles and all I can see is that it says re-infection is quite possible, if not likely - the same as all the other lesser coronaviruses that have been around for years.  The problem is that THIS corona virus is a lot worse than the other ones that get passed around - those that just give you common cold like symptoms. This one needs to be kept in check and the sooner people like you get that into their heads, the better it will be for everyone.

17 cases. Out of 7.8billion people. Since August 2020.

What about this are you struggling with LDC?

Just now, Matt Morriss said:

I know LDC can speak for himself, but I think accuracy is one part that is missing Matt. 

Can you answer the questions about your own illness? 

I’m against the idea of vaccine passports. As someone who has had the virus and had the vaccine I would have absolutely no concerns about coming into contact with people who have been previously infected or are unvaccinated. 

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The flip answer is because I go to football matches and I don't go to nightclubs. As to the serious answer you would need to put that question to the UK government.

Always had you down as a young pant swinger, purple. How wrong perceptions can be! 😊 😊 

• Haha 1

hey Matt, seeing as you're such a clever bloke, I've got a really great opportunity for you, it's called the Reverse Funnel System and it's bound to make you loads of money, trust me, I've done my research.

All I need you to do is send over your bank details, name, address, mother's maiden name and first pets name and I'll sort the rest. Then I'll send you a link for you to transfer over your £500 activation fee and you'll be a millionaire within a month. Its an exclusive offer for you as I don't think these jokers here in the replies are really clever enough to be part of it.

29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Of course we can have a continual vaccination programme. Covid leaves serious long term effects in a significant portion of even young and healthy people...ask Marcus Stipermann about that - so it is a must.

What gets me is that the spread of the virus is aided by those that are unvaccinated, yet it is not unfair to suggest that the same unvaccinated people are the same people who are the first to stop wearing masks when given the choice, so helping perpetuate the spread of the virus. If EVERYONE was vaccinated and wore masks in enclosed situations (apart from those medically unable to have it), then the spread and threat would be diminished.  

No way it can be paid for. It'll have taken nearly a full year to fully vaccinate the willing population, are we going to live in a continual cycle of vaccinations? No chance. Logistically and financially impossible. 

So again, what's the point in a vaccination passport for a vaccine most people will only get once?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt Morriss said:

Or look at the link that goes to the Public health England report. They have CONFIRMED 58 reinfections (i.e. sequenced virus shown to be different phenotypes), with nearly 16,000 possible reinfections (i.e. positive tests more than 90 days apart but they haven't been genetically sequenced), and that's in England alone, where we have a stonkingly good rate of vaccination, the figures from less well vaccinated places will be much higher, but they don't have the resources to track, sequence and report the numbers.

• Like 1

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

Not much chance of getting much sense out of that lot.

12 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

How do you know you had covid  if the tests,  data and protocol are rubbish, genuinely  interested. 

I wasnt tested at all.

I did however call out an ambulance as my breathing was getting worse.

I have never had the flu in my life, but Covid hit me for 6 for two weeks.

I had all the symptoms. Paramedics said I probably have Covid, but they coudnt take me to hospital because I wasnt at deaths door (which was a relief as I really didnt want to go anyway).

Im not a Covid denier, I had it and it was awful, and I can see how old people or the vulnerable can easily die from it. I do however question the Govt response, and certainly dont trust the way things are currently headed. Far to much resemblance to **** Germany for my liking. Time will tell, the sheep will wake up and smell the coffee one day.

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

The vaxxed/ not vaxxed argument can go round and round in a never ending circle but NCFC is a private company operating on private land.

They are entitled to refuse admission to anyone. If people don't agree with the Ts & Cs too bad.

👆 This 👆

👏 Totally agree. 

Plus as winky (i think) has said before they have a duty of care to their staff... 

Thankfully those anti+Vaxer's are a loud idiotic minority. If we had followed their amazing insight then, we'd still have massive issues with mumps, chickenpox, polio etc. Whilst, in the past we have had major issues with vaccinations we how have a far greater controls in place and I'd much rather listen to those great scientists at Oxford who developed a vaccination and gave it to the world at cost... No money grabbing no conspiracies.. just intelligent bright people trying to help solve a major world pandemic. Imagine the deaths if we'd not had these magnificent people.. far more than the current 4.16m that have already died.

It's your choice not to have a vaccination, it's democracy for the rest of us to protect ourselves from your stupidity.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I wasnt tested at all.

I did however call out an ambulance as my breathing was getting worse.

I have never had the flu in my life, but Covid hit me for 6 for two weeks.

I had all the symptoms. Paramedics said I probably have Covid, but they coudnt take me to hospital because I wasnt at deaths door (which was a relief as I really didnt want to go anyway).

Im not a Covid denier, I had it and it was awful, and I can see how old people or the vulnerable can easily die from it. I do however question the Govt response, and certainly dont trust the way things are currently headed. Far to much resemblance to **** Germany for my liking. Time will tell, the sheep will wake up and smell the coffee one day.

So you wouldn't get proof of natural immunity. 

You may have had, may not. 

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

The vaxxed/ not vaxxed argument can go round and round in a never ending circle but NCFC is a private company operating on private land.

They are entitled to refuse admission to anyone. If people don't agree with the Ts & Cs too bad.

Under UK sovereignty, and therefore law. If passports are not made mandatory by law, then the club could be accused of discrimination. So all hinges on what the government do, and the definition of mass gathering events.

2 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

Time will tell, the sheep will wake up and smell the coffee one day.

Not if they have covid, as it affects smell...... 

• Haha 2

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Under UK sovereignty, and therefore law. If passports are not made mandatory by law, then the club could be accused of discrimination. So all hinges on what the government do, and the definition of mass gathering events.

We have done this on here before, dress codes for night clubs and the like..... 

23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This is so ridiculous it doesn't bear a comment....apart from the fact that it is ridiculous.

whys that LDC?

Its an entirely logical comment. I'll repeat it again slowly for the hard of thinking.

If you are fully vaxxed, and never actually had Covid, you could still get Covid and pass it on. Because being fully vaxxed doesnt stop you a) getting Covid or b) passing it on. It only lessens the chance of dying from it.

If, however, you are unvaxxed, but have previously had Covid and have natural immunity and anti-bodies, due to the extremely limited data on reinfection it is highly unlikely that, having previously had Covid, that you will get it again and pass it on to others.

So, the vaxxed, never had Covid % of people are more likely to get Covid and pass it on, than the unvaxxed prior Covid positive. 

Logically and factually correct.

1 minute ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Does anyone know if those of us who have been vaccinated abroad and are not entitled to NHS services can get the passport or NHS app to use when back in the UK?

Some one asked that at the presser last week, and the reply was they are working with all the agencies abroad to make that happen. 

I know that's fairly inconclusive, but it's in hand.. 

• Like 1

I think anyone accusing the UK of acting like xxxx Germany today is someone, with little grasp of reality to be honest... 

Far to much resemblance to **** Germany for my liking. Time will tell, the sheep will wake up and smell the coffee one day.

Boom! And there we have it. Everything that the government does is based on pushing the country further to the right - which actually may well be true.....except that the virus does not have a right wing and exists in it's own world and it is not rocket science to understand what needs to be done. I think it is you that needs to wake up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I think anyone accusing the UK of acting like xxxx Germany today is someone, with little grasp of reality to be honest... 

I think Matt's other comments back that thought up to, Kenny. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

There are many disturbing things happening in Britain today and I fear for the future, but rapidly distributing world leading medicine to the entire adult population is not one of them.

I wish people like Matt would focus their obvious passion for investigative journalism and critical thinking in a worthwhile direction.

6 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

whys that LDC?

Its an entirely logical comment. I'll repeat it again slowly for the hard of thinking.

If you are fully vaxxed, and never actually had Covid, you could still get Covid and pass it on. Because being fully vaxxed doesnt stop you a) getting Covid or b) passing it on. It only lessens the chance of dying from it.

If, however, you are unvaxxed, but have previously had Covid and have natural immunity and anti-bodies, due to the extremely limited data on reinfection it is highly unlikely that, having previously had Covid, that you will get it again and pass it on to others.

So, the vaxxed, never had Covid % of people are more likely to get Covid and pass it on, than the unvaxxed prior Covid positive. 

Logically and factually correct.

It doesn’t just lesson the chance of dying,  It also lessons you form passing it on and getting it too, it drastically lessons you being hospitalised and dying! The likelihood of getting Covid for second time is not known, what is known it will have far less impact on that person having already built up the t-cell response to the protein marker for Covid. Similar to those double vaccinated.