33 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

How old are you?

Ah I see, judging from the last time he butted in on me and then got proved wrong and came with the “I’m not interested” garbage, I thought he was an argumentative teenager

33 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

How old are you?

Ah I see, judging from the last time he butted in on me and then got proved wrong and came with the “I’m not interested” garbage, I thought he was an argumentative teenager

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Its pretty obvious really, we don;t have wealthy owners or outside investment to bridge the gap until the monies start coming in so we have to be circumspect.

So why can't we use short-term finance. We would be very safe and get very low interest rates. Please explain.

We will know whether it's been a good or bad window in about February. Rashica could awful, Gilmour an inexperienced, over-hyped 19 year old, Gunn a £5m sub, Gibson not PL quality etc etc, or they might rip it up and have us in the top half. Let's wait and see before we get too upset. One thing I do think is effecting us is a lot of potential players are probably put off by our constant yo-yo-ing and the fear of being in the Champs by May 2022. 

8 minutes ago, kirku said:

Although I wouldn't initially have subscribed to the OP's viewpoint, well-placed ITK account on Twitter has said that the window "isn't going well" that we're on "C list targets" and that the marketing is "SLOW".

Make of that what you will.

Yes I have heard that too. Which does highlight the initial point - whenever we go up we cannot compete due to tself funding model and the poverty of our owners (who I also admire on a personal level) compared to most others- in an era of global football we are a hangover of more local days. It does hamper us. Huge strides have been made - and merit is deserved- but we have hit the ceiling of where delia can take us. 

So once again we are down to C list - outbid by rivals who have never been in the division and struggling to attract, it’s depressing not least when we sold our talisman to fund it. Chances are we lose our star and can’t replace with much…

11 minutes ago, kirku said:

Although I wouldn't initially have subscribed to the OP's viewpoint, well-placed ITK account on Twitter has said that the window "isn't going well" that we're on "C list targets" and that the marketing is "SLOW".

Yes I have heard that too. Which does highlight the initial point - whenever we go up we cannot compete due to tself funding model and the poverty of our owners (who I also admire on a personal level) compared to most others- in an era of global football we are a hangover of more local days. It does hamper us. Huge strides have been made - and merit is deserved- but we have hit the ceiling of where delia can take us. 

So once again we are down to C list - outbid by rivals who have never been in the division and struggling to attract, it’s depressing not least when we sold our talisman to fund it. Chances are we lose our star and can’t replace with much…

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Let’s not make out that posters whatever their views don’t have a right to see their club run as they see fit, that’s not correct and is also out of order whilst we’re at it, seeing as you’re pulling everyone else up. This is about transfers and nothing else, and being realistic of where we are today. And stop getting your panties hitched because of a suggestion to a poster that maybe NCFC isn’t the club for them, given what they clearly want from a club isn’t likely to be here anytime soon, it might not be the worst idea or I just sense years more of frustration. We can’t magic billionaire investment. But when we’re not a club run by an oil rich baron, and one or two of you wish to see it being run as such in the here and now, then of course ridiculous pie in the sky transfer demands are going to be met with ridicule because quite frankly it gets bloody tedious after a while. We are building something great here, we are doing everything we can within our means to take that further, and yet some people show a massive lack of respect to all the hard work that Webber and Farke are putting in whilst dishing up some of the best football I’ve ever seen at Carrow Rd. I like what they’re doing, respect it, and will stand up for it - under our circumstances I do not see how we could really be doing much better so perhaps credit where it’s due instead of seemingly constant ungratefulness. 

Don't understand your initial point? Yes we all have a right to our own views on how the club should be run. Difference is i'm not branding you an idiot or a cretin for expressing your view.

I've said previously i think we are doing almost as well as its possible to do under our model thanks to Farke and Webber (who I don;t warm to much but he's competent at his job). Thats the point really isn;t it. If we go down again, being run as well as we possibly can be is still not enough to coimpete at the top level. I obviously hope that proves not to be the case. 

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Let’s not make out that posters whatever their views don’t have a right to see their club run as they see fit, that’s not correct and is also out of order whilst we’re at it, seeing as you’re pulling everyone else up. This is about transfers and nothing else, and being realistic of where we are today. And stop getting your panties hitched because of a suggestion to a poster that maybe NCFC isn’t the club for them, given what they clearly want from a club isn’t likely to be here anytime soon, it might not be the worst idea or I just sense years more of frustration. We can’t magic billionaire investment. But when we’re not a club run by an oil rich baron, and one or two of you wish to see it being run as such in the here and now, then of course ridiculous pie in the sky transfer demands are going to be met with ridicule because quite frankly it gets bloody tedious after a while. We are building something great here, we are doing everything we can within our means to take that further, and yet some people show a massive lack of respect to all the hard work that Webber and Farke are putting in whilst dishing up some of the best football I’ve ever seen at Carrow Rd. I like what they’re doing, respect it, and will stand up for it - under our circumstances I do not see how we could really be doing much better so perhaps credit where it’s due instead of seemingly constant ungratefulness. 

Don't understand your initial point? Yes we all have a right to our own views on how the club should be run. Difference is i'm not branding you an idiot or a cretin for expressing your view.

I've said previously i think we are doing almost as well as its possible to do under our model thanks to Farke and Webber (who I don;t warm to much but he's competent at his job). Thats the point really isn;t it. If we go down again, being run as well as we possibly can be is still not enough to coimpete at the top level. I obviously hope that proves not to be the case. 

I don’t quite understand the negativity. I keep saying it, we’re not an attractive proposition in terms of relegation fight, we’re not super rich and won’t pay the massive wages we did to sign the utter tripe that was Naismith……so we’re in the realms of never hitting the A list transfer as we’re probably up against similar sized teams who will pay more than we can afford. It’s the way things are.

If we don’t hit the top targets then no big deal, we have exciting young prospects of our own I’d rather develop than loan more from other clubs. Omobamdele, Mumba, Sorensen, Aarons, Cantwell, Idah, are a few to get behind, then we’ve got a few decent players in, Lees-Melou, Rashica, we know about Gibson and Gainnoulis, both decent enough. We have signed a few more to the academy who in a couple years might well be the next big thing…….

We’re the favourite to get relegated, we could buy Messi and we’d still be favourites to go down, enjoy the season for what it is…..premier league football.

• Like 1

If the window ended tomorrow it would be a total disaster. We've sold our best player and lost our best midfielder and not replaced them sufficinelty. We go into the first 4 games with this squad, we lose heavily every game. 

The window does not close tomorrow. It closes in 5 weeks. We aren't in a great position, but three transfers could happen in the next week and all of a sudden we're looking OK. 

The season is on a complete knife edge and we haven't kicked a ball. You're allowed to be seriously concerned while knowing it could all change in the space of a few days. You're also allowed to be fine with the process and optimistic the board do what they said they'll do, whilst being worried about the immediate lack of transfers.

Both are perfectly reasonable positions to take. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Whilst I won't support the use of the specific terms used, you can understand that he thinks that you are totally confused about how finance works, in basic terms, let alone in football and has formed an opinion about your intellectual capacity as a consequence.

3 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

If the window ended tomorrow it would be a total disaster. We've sold our best player and lost our best midfielder and not replaced them sufficinelty. We go into the first 4 games with this squad, we lose heavily every game. 

The window does not close tomorrow. It closes in 5 weeks. We aren't in a great position, but three transfers could happen in the next week and all of a sudden we're looking OK. 

The season is on a complete knife edge and we haven't kicked a ball. You're allowed to be seriously concerned while knowing it could all change in the space of a few days. You're also allowed to be fine with the process and optimistic the board do what they said they'll do, whilst being worried about the immediate lack of transfers.

Both are perfectly reasonable positions to take. 

Agreed. But am hearing that it is quite possible we will lose Cantwell and Aarons on top of Buendia and Skipp. That is a lot of talent stripped out and not great news if we are, as stated, on our C list now. 

As to who was outmuscled last time...McLean and Rupp for starters- and Gilmour is certainly not a physical presence. We lack muscle at the moment

The comparison with the previous Premier League season keeps coming up. Do people forget that for large parts of that season, our centre-halves were gang-banging the c-rap out of the physio bench?

If we had two fully match-fit centre-halves for more than twelve league games that season I'd be surprised. No wonder we bloody struggled.

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Agreed. But am hearing that it is quite possible we will lose Cantwell and Aarons on top of Buendia and Skipp. That is a lot of talent stripped out and not great news if we are, as stated, on our C list now. 

As to who was outmuscled last time...McLean and Rupp for starters- and Gilmour is certainly not a physical presence. We lack muscle at the moment

If we lose Aarons and Cantwell we are already relegated possibly with less points than last time.

6 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

You're hearing from where? Webber has already come out and said for Todd or Aarons to go will have to eclipse the Emi fee....

yes we struggled for CB last time and had injury problems. Given that Hanley and zimmo have struggled to stay fit for a whole season since signing, and that Gibson was crooked only recently, strikes me we are taking the gamble again. A new CB was a priority - according to the club itself- until we lost out on Ajer. Now it isn’t 

Hanley played nearly every match last season. We've invested in improved facilities for recovery and conditioning with the aim of reducing injuries. Looks clear that they're trying to rectify that.

Heck, Liverpool had three centre-halves out last season for a lot of it and lost six home games in a row as defending champions with a settled squad. Losing three at once for such a prolonged period rarely happens. Unsurprisingly, it really screws the results.

37 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Not around those he brown noses though. 

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Hanley played nearly every match last season. We've invested in improved facilities for recovery and conditioning with the aim of reducing injuries. Looks clear that they're trying to rectify that.

Heck, Liverpool had three centre-halves out last season for a lot of it and lost six home games in a row as defending champions with a settled squad. Losing three at once for such a prolonged period rarely happens. Unsurprisingly, it really screws the results.

Fair point. Still think we are 3 major signings away from being competitive 

46 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Whatever. Webber has talked about it in the past. We had £10m of promotion bonuses last time we came up and no doubt had similar again. Its pretty obvious really, we don;t have wealthy owners or outside investment to bridge the gap until the monies start coming in so we have to be circumspect. He (or was it Farke?) even said a few days ago that selling Emi enabled us to get some business done early.

But we are,still taking too long to do business? I see.

47 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Whatever. Webber has talked about it in the past. We had £10m of promotion bonuses last time we came up and no doubt had similar again. Its pretty obvious really, we don;t have wealthy owners or outside investment to bridge the gap until the monies start coming in so we have to be circumspect. He (or was it Farke?) even said a few days ago that selling Emi enabled us to get some business done early.

But we are still taking too long to do business? I see.

57 minutes ago, kirku said:

I don't do Twitter so just wondering which Twitter account or tweets you're referring to?

28 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Argos has plenty of muscle... bit of a disappointing  footballer though, nice lad , just not very good at his job.  

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I've said previously i think we are doing almost as well as its possible to do under our model thanks to Farke and Webber (who I don;t warm to much but he's competent at his job). Thats the point really isn;t it. If we go down again, being run as well as we possibly can be is still not enough to coimpete at the top level. I obviously hope that proves not to be the case

You don't seem to recognise the tension verging on contradiction in this statement. On the one hand you want to say this model has gone as far as it is possible, with relegation being inevitable ("still not enough to coimpete at the top level"), yet you employ the conditional "if we go down". That's the point really isn't it! Webber and co chose their words very carefully when they described the ambition of the self-funding model as initially about establishing us as a "top 26" side. They knew full well that there were no beneficent billionaires desperate to chuck hundreds of millions at us to provide an instant fast-track into permanent PL residency. Thus the only rational alternative is the self-funding gradualist model neatly summed up in the "top 26" phrase. Even after the recent relegation it can't be denied the club is in a stronger postion in all aspects of the business (playing and financial) than it was when Webber and Farke took over. Whether the continual gradual improvement proves enough to avoid relegation this time round, time will tell, but I'm willing to bet we will accumulate more points, score more goals and let in fewer. 

As things stand, the idea that we can raise the hundreds of millions that would be required to "guarantee" PL survival is nothing but pure fantasy. Anyone who believes otherwise has allowed their impatience for success to seriously distort the reality that confronts a club like NCFC. There's a good reason why every serious football pundit (especially those writing about the financial aspects) seems to regard City's "self-financing" model as a paradigm for how a club should be run. Never more so than in a post pandemic world in which money in football will be seriously hit (Take a look at France, for example).

31 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

So out of 11 starting players you've listed two midfielders, one who came in January after a long term injury lay off.

Slow down a minute people…

”I am hearing”

”according to itk on Twitter”

”C list targets already”

with all due respect this is pretty childish stuff. WHO EXACTLY had said these things, WHO? Anyone with any serious credibility? 

Geez, this pant wetting really is quite juvenile surely?

1 hour ago, kirku said:

There's 26 letters in the  alphabet  fortunately.  I'll  be worried  when you get told we're  looking at  much below fifth or sixth choice, maybe tenth as I have no idea how many players are on the list or what order they are in. Does your  ITK fella  quantify this list in any way?