AJ

Louis Thompson

Contract terminated by mutual consent.

Feel for the lad as there's clearly a decent footballer in there but he just cannot get any luck with staying fit. Hopefully he can find a new club and have a decent run

14 minutes ago, AJ said:

Contract terminated by mutual consent.

Feel for the lad as there's clearly a decent footballer in there but he just cannot get any luck with staying fit. Hopefully he can find a new club and have a decent run

A mate that supports Swindon was raving about him when he was there, but just looked and that was the 15/16 season. I remember a few seasons back him playing really well in a home game and everyone being excited, but then he got injured again and I think that was the last we ever saw of him. Just couldn't catch a break.

Wish him all the best wherever he goes.

• Like 1

Good luck to him. At times he was so close to making it here, but bad luck ruined that. Hopefully lots of games left in him.

hes certainly had rotten luck but am surprised, to be honest, he was still here. Has given very little in terms of wages earned and his renewal was a puzzler. 

I can't remember when, but I remember seeing him replace Tettey in the championship for an extended time and being absolutely awesome. He looked a Premier League quality player. 

Big shame that injuries have prevented him realising that incredible potential. Hope he can find a club that gives him a chance and he shows just how good he is.

• Like 3

Tragic for the young man but he is unfortunately made of glass and now seems destined for life a lot further down the football pyramid.

Two league starts for us in 7 years..it makes Matt Jarvis's time here seem like an ever present in the side...but i say that with condolence to both guys because im sure they were both decent  footballers...enough to want City to sign them, but because both have been racked with way more injuries than any individual sportsman wants, but sadly it happens. I wish Louis all the best in whatever future endeavours come his way.

From what I had seen he really did look the part, if only he could stay injury free it's a shame for us and him. Hope he manages to stay injury free in the future.

• Like 1

I saw him play a pre season friendly against Charlton (I think) in ‘17, really good energy, vision and tackle. Shame his crappy injuries pulled him off course for what would have been a great career with us. 

I always felt that with the high tempo rip roar style of play he had, injury was never going to be far away.

Shame cause he looked like he had potential but maybe pacing himself more on the field would have proved more successful.

Yeah, he was one of those who - if we use boxing parlance - liked brawling when he really should have stuck to the boxing and keeping it simple rather than trying to chase and force too many openings. No-one wants to see a thoroughly promising player fall short due to no real fault of his own when they show a diligent attitude to their profession and try very hard and there was definitely the potential for a very good Championship player in there at least.

I actually wonder in such cases if the physio / medical / conditioning team make mistakes or don't take quite as holistic an approach to things as maybe they should, but at this point I'll admit that I'm really guessing as I'm not remotely a sports scientist or medical professional.

Either way, I hope his injuries don't impact his future too much, even if it may lie away from football.

It’s a shame as I thought there was a decent player there. However, like Onel, the last time I saw Thompson play he looked too bulky to be a footballer and needed to ease off the weights a bit. But maybe that would have sorted itself out once match fitness kicked in? 

17 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

hes certainly had rotten luck but am surprised, to be honest, he was still here. Has given very little in terms of wages earned and his renewal was a puzzler. 

I think that just shows how highly rated he was, the club were clearly hoping he could move on from his issue and develop but sadly it wasn't to be

• Like 1

Nice post from him on Instagram, comes across ad a classy young man. Best wishes to him for the future,  such a pity it didn't work out for him here. 

It's a real shame his career has been decimated by injuries, looked like he had bags of potential and could easily have been prem level as a box-to-box type player from what I saw on his limited appearances for us and other clubs.

Wish him all the best going forwards.