Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Self insulating season

How will things pan out if we are seeing players away from the game for short periods - we have two out today ?

Not wishing to start a discussion on the virus itself, as this is amply being chewed over in the non football section.

My thought is will clubs just have to 'grin and bear' it, on the basis, as with injuries it is (now) part of the game and evens itself out over time.

For sure it's gonna be with us into next year and beyond....

I guess it will be accepted that players will occasionally be self-isolating and be accepted as the norm.

I would have thought if they’re running around enough, they shouldn’t need insulating? Maybe a nice woolly cardi for Krul.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

For sure it's gonna be with us into next year and beyond....

I guess it will be accepted that players will occasionally be self-isolating and be accepted as the norm.

If the scientists are right then it's not just going to be here next year it's mostly likely going to be here forever and will need to be accepted as just another part of life, like how we accept colds and seasonal flus.

Same inherent risk for all clubs. But bigger practical potential impact for NCFC (and similar clubs) when scrapping for survival. Players need to be sensible - no excuses.

33 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I would have thought if they’re running around enough, they shouldn’t need insulating? Maybe a nice woolly cardi for Krul.

That might come as a bit of a shock to some of them - a pullover might be better

Good for a 'jumper' start in the cold weather

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If the scientists are right then it's not just going to be here next year it's mostly likely going to be here forever and will need to be accepted as just another part of life, like how we accept colds and seasonal flus.

then at some stage everyone will either be immune, vaccinated or dead, so the harm to others will be relatively low

how long that takes is an unknown

and it appears that Col Utd have an outbreak of a single variant

One flu over the Cuckoo Farm 😜