Sign in to follow this  
Official Joe

new striker what is the point

We could have any striker of any value up front, but unless the supply is there its a waste of money getting Earnshaw.

3.5 million could have bought another midfielder next to Safri and a right winger.

Yes as I''ve said on a couple of other posts, if Earnshaw fails at Norwich it will be because of the service given to him by the midfield rather than due to a lack of talent! We have some money left from the Ashton transfer so please can we sign some decent midfielders in the summer - Commons, Danns, Halford etc!!!

Yes I absolutely agree.  On Sunday he was getting that boring long ball and he''s simply not tall enough for one thing and cant stay on his feet for another. Thats going to get really boring and tedious.

I hope he doesnt turn out to be a waste of money, but I have that awful feeling.......

against ipswich, Earnshaw had little impact, runnung around like a headless chicken, didnt look worth one bit of the 3.5 million.

Johanson however, made an impact for me, but again he wasnt as good as thorne, won minimal stuff in the air but took his goal very well, and looked dangerous with the ball at his feet.

but yeah, i think we could have brought in a perminant right winger..... the position we need to fill.....

but with worthington in charge we might as well play Green on right wing.....

[quote user="KanYe West"]The point of buying a new striker is to score goals.[;)][/quote]

yeah but he was given one long range chance against a poor ipswich team..... you can have Van Nistelrooy and Henry up front but if you dont create any chances they wont score goals....

Exactly, And hes bought a striker the same as the ones we already have, small and cant head. I think WLY on his day is as good if he keeps in the team, which he wont now earnshaw is here. Also what was the point in the loanees as we have cover in those positions. They are just taking the places of players that we need to develop.

[quote user="gazban"]Exactly, And hes bought a striker the same as the ones we already have, small and cant head. I think WLY on his day is as good if he keeps in the team, which he wont now earnshaw is here. Also what was the point in the loanees as we have cover in those positions. They are just taking the places of players that we need to develop.[/quote]

unless we have any chance of signing them permenantly I cannot understand the need for the loans.