Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Liam Gibbs- HE HATES IPSWICH!

53 minutes ago, ZLF said:

I was expecting a little better as Emis replacement...

I know you're being light hearted but at the time a lot of people were expecting better than Emi as Maddison's replacement...............

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I know you're being light hearted but at the time a lot of people were expecting better than Emi as Maddison's replacement...............

'Some bargin bucket Argie from some tinpot Spanish club I have never heard of? Delia out stonking rich owners in!'

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don't know, it's what football and rivelies is all about, and it's in good fun. Don't want football getting bland, stale and to the 'no chanting allowed please sit down and keep quiet' do we? He was the Ipswich under 21's and under 16's captain, I have no doubt he knows all about it. And I mean It's not quite to the level and extent of Sol Campbell with Spurs/Arsenal is it? Nevermind how given ipswich have become a midtable 3rd divison club not like we are going to be playing them anytime soon regardless

The "he hates ipswich" chant belongs to Jordan Rhodes and that was fun - because he enjoyed it.  This young lad is entirely different. and I think tarring a young lad who has come up  through their youth system and moving on to further his career with a hate chant is not cool, nor fun.  If people want to find a chant that incorporates the ipswich connection in it, perhaps something more original would be good? 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

blimey, seems all the senile are out

is it pension day ?

whatever the reason, the whiff of liniment, and wee is a bit overbearing,

so I shall bid you old codgers a good day and head off out into the sunshine 😊

Now that's proper toxic abuse.

No need for the frothing at the mouth sweary stuff, just a couple of well aimed grenades lobbed in there. 😇

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Ipswich Town the Canaries feeder club, how the less than mighty have fallen 😂😂😂

How dare you, they still a massive household name you know. Huge huge club. So huge they have spent the last two decades in the 2nd tier and are now planning spending the next decades in the 3rd tier.

HUUUUUUGE

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just grow up, act your age and stop being childish.

F761CC38-DE47-4016-8101-47CCA0B9713E.jpeg

Wonder how he'd feel if he does make it with us and scored against them at some point! 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's based on Jordan Rhodes 'he hates Ipswich' chant you absoloute ****. Cheers up, it's 10am the weather nice and hot and we just signed one of Ipswichs brighest youngsters and all you have to do is 'waaa a thread waaa  waaa ATTENTION ATTENTION LOOK LOOK HE MADE A THREAD PLEASE EVERYONE AGREE WITH ME'

Shut the **** up I'm so fed up of this utter nonsense. You claim to be all ' hoho look pointless thread for attention, so I'm going to make pointless posts on it to derail it and not keep to the topic of the thread at all which let's be honest is even worse than whatever i'm claming he's doing but haha look people agree with me haha I'm a comedian'

Just grow up, act your age and stop being childish. This is a constant stream of nasty, toxic, vile and quite frankly constant bullying behavior of the exact same kind by the exact same people over and over aimed right at me. Mods really need to start doing there jobs and sorting this out.

I know what it was about - and you do it to grab attention. I make no apologies for calling it out. I’m sorry if it makes you feel bad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

is it pension day ?

None in our neck of the woods Billy, cool and cloudy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

is it pension day ?

-

Must be sunny down in Suffolk cos it sure ain’t here!

5 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

Roll on kick-off. Hope the stream's ok or it'll be a long afternoon 😁

Seems half the comments so far are Chelsea fans asking if Gilmours playing

.. I don't have the courage to tell them he's n.ot

6 minutes ago, Justin time said:

Must be sunny down in Suffolk cos it sure ain’t here!

Gone for a pint with Horsey.

Probably well wound up that he’s gone to us as they fear we might turn him into another Godfrey/Maddison (sign him for nothing, sell him for masses)

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

The "he hates ipswich" chant belongs to Jordan Rhodes and that was fun - because he enjoyed it.  This young lad is entirely different. and I think tarring a young lad who has come up  through their youth system and moving on to further his career with a hate chant is not cool, nor fun.  If people want to find a chant that incorporates the ipswich connection in it, perhaps something more original would be good? 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

That's the trouble with mindless chanting. It's going to happen anyway even if it is stupid, puerile and inappropriate to the player. But hey, yay, we're going to chant it anyway.

Forrest Gump GIF - Forrest Gump StupidIs GIFs

Almost like it's a big part of football and always has been and football is a lifeless libary without fans or something

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

That's the trouble with mindless chanting. It's going to happen anyway even if it is stupid, puerile and inappropriate to the player. But hey, yay, we're going to chant it anyway.

Forrest Gump GIF - Forrest Gump StupidIs GIFs

I refer you to the same video above, but this time please turn the volume up a bit more. 

If I could agree that the song was even the slightest bit 'tarring' to the young lad then I'd say you had a point. But it isn't and you really don't.

Why is it a bit of light hearted fun when its Rhodes but not Gibbs? 

And since when is 'hating Ipswich' something we don't want reflected in any of our players? 

Just seems like you're getting worked up over nothing - if I was Gibbs I'd find it pretty amusing. 

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Almost like it's a big part of football and always has been and football is a lifeless libary without fans or something

Yeah, but there's chanting and there's chanting.  Good on the lad for choosing to come to us, but the sooner his ipswich conection is forgotten the better and if this chant follows him around when he has said nothing against that club, then it is just stupid. If he says in an interview or intimates he dislikes Ipswich, then fair enough, but as captain of the teams he played in growing up, I should think he has some regard for them.

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Why is it a bit of light hearted fun when its Rhodes but not Gibbs? 

Because Rhodes was Norwich through and through. We don't know about this lad yet. He may have some affection for the club, even though he has left them, which would make the "he hates ipswich" chant just silly.

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yeah, but there's chanting and there's chanting.  Good on the lad for choosing to come to us, but the sooner his ipswich conection is forgotten the better and if this chant follows him around when he has said nothing against that club, then it is just stupid. If he says in an interview or intimates he dislikes Ipswich, then fair enough, but as captain of the teams he played in growing up, I should think he has some regard for them.

There's a tiny (read mahooosive) chance you're taking this a bit too seriously.

Just now, lake district canary said:

Because Rhodes was Norwich through and through. We don't know about this lad yet. He may have some affection for the club, even though he has left them, which would make the "he hates ipswich" chant just silly.

At what point did he become Norwich through and through though? I don't think it would've been immediate.

Whereas I would wager that the 'he hates Ipswich' chants probably started roughly around the very first second he stepped onto the pitch for NCFC. So, was that stupid then too? 

And did Jordan Rhodes actually ever come out and say publicly say he hated, disliked, or even anything negative about Ipswich? I don't think so...

So does him praising our club automatically make him 'hate Ipswich'? 

Or could he say nice things about Norwich but also hold at least some semblance of appreciation for his time at Ipswich? 

I don't really follow with how you're sitting on this one Lakey, sorry.

I just did some digging to see just how much Jordan Rhodes hates Ipswich, and well I think we should all be totally ashamed of ourselves, we completely tarred poor Rhodes when he was here with that awful awful chant. In fact it was clearly a worse tarring for Rhodes as his father is an ex-goalkeeping coach for Ipswich too. 

I'm surprised he ever had anything positive to say about the club after such stupidity from all of our fans! 

Or maybe he just took it for the bit of fun that it was?

And no, please don't point out that this article was from 2013. It makes no difference. You won't find one (genuine) poster on here who supported another club 8 years ago, so... 

image.png.e754ef8fcfcb93b009deda3018001555.png

spacer.pngimage.png.7bfbb26cb8de6695a4aa601eaa6707d9.pngspacer.png

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

Ok, I'm being too serious about it. Have it your own way. Still think it's a stupid chant for a young lad coming to a new club. If he gets in the first team, I hope by then fans have thought up something more original.

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's based on Jordan Rhodes 'he hates Ipswich' chant you absoloute ****. Cheers up, it's 10am the weather nice and hot and we just signed one of Ipswichs brighest youngsters and all you have to do is 'waaa a thread waaa  waaa ATTENTION ATTENTION LOOK LOOK HE MADE A THREAD PLEASE EVERYONE AGREE WITH ME'

Shut the **** up I'm so fed up of this utter nonsense. You claim to be all ' hoho look pointless thread for attention, so I'm going to make pointless posts on it to derail it and not keep to the topic of the thread at all which let's be honest is even worse than whatever i'm claming he's doing but haha look people agree with me haha I'm a comedian'

Just grow up, act your age and stop being childish. This is a constant stream of nasty, toxic, vile and quite frankly constant bullying behavior of the exact same kind by the exact same people over and over aimed right at me. Mods really need to start doing there jobs and sorting this out.

The Jordan Rhodes song was a long awaited retaliation to the 'Fabian Wilnis in the blue he hates Norwich' song which the scummers had in the days when they were slightly better than us.

It's a shame but understandable, there is so much upheaval at Town, and if promoted without a salary cap who knows where Gibbs would fit into the planning next season. Obviously premier league football is a massive Carrot,  good luck to the lad. 

• Like 3

Jordan's dad Andy Rhodes was at Norwich years before he had anything to do with ipswich. He came here on loan after Gunny was injured in 1995 and was actually on the bench when we tonked them 3-0. Young Jordan would have been about 5 I guess.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

Looks like someone is a tad touchy because his latest 1p5wich thread disappeared off the front page without even a single response. 😂