Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

“We’ve come through without the need for outside investment”

We have owners who genuinely love our club, they are fans of NCFC before anything else. If the right investor came along who genuinely wanted to take this club to the next level, why would they get in the way of that? 

I watched both the programme on Sky and the recent presser with Daniel and Stuart, both make my heart swell with pride to be a supporter of NCFC and to see the way our club is run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Segura said:

But I’m not precious about them being owners – they have so far failed to establish NCFC as a prem team and my real bugbear, is the lack of development of Carrow Road. 

So if a very wealthy would-be owner came along, outlined how they would achieve these aims and could back that up with necessary resources - I’d be all for it. 

If a wealthy would be owner came along and said s/he was prepared to give us £200 million or so without expecting it to be paid back with interest, I don't think many fans would turn it down, if we genuinely believed that they would deliver on their intention. This could be arranged by issuing new equity.

Where the debate comes (imo) is that some on here are very naïve about the ownership of most other clubs. For example, on another thread we have a poster who confidently asserts that the Watford owners would just write off the debt at Watford if they have to (see below). The truth of the matter is that of Watford's £111 debt, they own about £76m of it and charge Watford LIBOR+ 5.4% for it! In addition, a 2020 articles (below) estimates the Pozzos as being worth £93 million - I can't see that they would be prepared to write off £111 million.

You can say the same about many of the other clubs - the truth is that owners don't give their clubs money but loan it and charge interest as well. Others don't even do that - Southampton have to pay £7.2 million a year on a £75 million loan to MSD, which they have to pay back in 2025. Burnley have an even worse deal - their owners borrowed money to buy them and made the club liable for the debt!

It is just the incredible naivety that is alarming!

On 22/07/2021 at 14:16, Cantiaci Canary said:

But unlike us they don't give two figs about debt. Their investors will write it off if they are forced to.

https://talksport.com/football/666456/ranking-premier-league-owners-wealth-liverpool-chelsea-manchester-united/

4 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

TV money was £99m for the bottom placed team, minus a rebate due to Covid - feel free to look it up in the accounts, which is what I did...

So you are assuming we will always be bottom? Bit defeatist .... reach for the stars my friend...

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So you are assuming we will always be bottom? Bit defeatist .... reach for the stars my friend...

You can reach all you want, but that's what they should be budgeting for.. 

7 minutes ago, Badger said:

If a wealthy would be owner came along and said s/he was prepared to give us £200 million or so without expecting it to be paid back with interest, I don't think many fans would turn it down, if we genuinely believed that they would deliver on their intention. This could be arranged by issuing new equity.

Where the debate comes (imo) is that some on here are very naïve about the ownership of most other clubs. For example, on another thread we have a poster who confidently asserts that the Watford owners would just write off the debt at Watford if they have to (see below). The truth of the matter is that of Watford's £111 debt, they own about £76m of it and charge Watford LIBOR+ 5.4% for it! In addition, a 2020 articles (below) estimates the Pozzos as being worth £93 million - I can't see that they would be prepared to write off £111 million.

You can say the same about many of the other clubs - the truth is that owners don't give their clubs money but loan it and charge interest as well. Others don't even do that - Southampton have to pay £7.2 million a year on a £75 million loan to MSD, which they have to pay back in 2025. Burnley have an even worse deal - their owners borrowed money to buy them and made the club liable for the debt!

https://talksport.com/football/666456/ranking-premier-league-owners-wealth-liverpool-chelsea-manchester-united/

Have Watford sold Sarr or any of their best players? Have our current owners of NCFC paid themselves back for any loans they gave & is our premiership club now worth more than it was paid for?

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Have Watford sold Sarr or any of their best players?

Not in this window, but they sold over 50 million pounds worth last year and are still £111 in debt. I don't know about the value of Director loans to NCFC, but I do know that they are not charging us £4 million a year in interest, unlike the Watford owners (on top of the interest that Watford have to pay to the banks.

I don't really understand why you think that being over £100 million in debt with interest payments alone of over £5 million would put us in a stronger position?

12 minutes ago, Badger said:

Not in this window, but they sold over 50 million pounds worth last year and are still £111 in debt. I don't know about the value of Director loans to NCFC, but I do know that they are not charging us £4 million a year in interest, unlike the Watford owners (on top of the interest that Watford have to pay to the banks.

I don't really understand why you think that being over £100 million in debt with interest payments alone of over £5 million would put us in a stronger position?

Without checking, I believe all the loans from Smith and Jones have been interest-free, so in effect they have lost a fair whack of money in the process. As to the club, and so their shares, now being worth more than they paid for them, that could well be true now, although not necessarily so in a few years' time.

But that only becomes relevant if they sell out to a buyer. If they gift them to their nephew then they get zilch. In other words they only make a profit if they do the one thing some posters accuse them of being dead set against...🤓

40 minutes ago, Badger said:

Exactly Badger! It's also very instructive to consider the example of one of the PL's "successful" teams. It's very hard to find a Man United fan that has anything but contempt for their current owners. This despite the fact the club has lashed out huge amounts of money on transfers since their arrival. The problem, of course, is that the Glazers have also snaffled a huge wad of cash from the club while at the same time running up a truly massive debt of £455.5m. No wonder they were so desperate to join a European Super League. 

9 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

And he’s proud of that. I wonder if Webber gets a bonus for the club avoiding having to find/look for outside investment. Certainly sounds like it’s part of the brief.  

But of course we remain hugely open to outside investment. 

Tin Foil Hats Actually Make it Easier for the Government to Track Your  Thoughts - The Atlantic

In the words of Buffalo Springfield:

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid